Episode 3: Explosions Bring Out the Best and Worst in People

When Dawn Breaks

Episode 3: Explosions Bring Out the Best and Worst in People

 ~Recap~

 “Sad?” Myungsoo crossed his arms, “Don’t worry I will be able to handle him!”

“Yea right then how did you get that cut on your forehead?” Eunmi said as she pulled out rubber gloves and placed them on her hand. She walked over to the body and Myungsoo noticed something out of the corner of his eye. Myungsoo hurried over to Eunmi and grabbed her around the waist and pulled her back, and an explosion happened near the dead body.

 ~~~

 “Sunggyu did you hear that!” Soomin said as she ran towards the stairs. Sunggyu quickly followed behind. He caught her arm again, “It may be dangerous let me go first.”

 “I don’t care if it is dangerous!” Soomin said, “It’s my sister!”

 “And I do not want to see you get hurt. We have been friends since we were kids. I know you better than anything else.” Sunggyu said as he started to make his way up the stairs. He looked back and noticed Soomin was following right behind him.

 ~~~

 When Sunggyu and Soomin arrived on the roof after hearing a blast it was the air was filled with smoke and there was rubble everywhere. “EUNMI…MYUNGSOO!” They said at the same time.

 ~~~

Myungsoo pushed himself up and looked down at Eunmi who he protected from the rubble that flew everywhere, “Why do you like doing dangerous things? Babo yaa…” He fell over and closed his eyes.

“Myungsoo Yahhh Kim Myungsoo” Eunmi said as she shook him and notice blood appear on her hand. She noticed that blood was seeping through his shoulder of his jacket.

Eunmi was about to do something to help him, but started to feel dizzy, because of the loss of blood from her wrist. Her eyes slowly closed and she fell forward, and landed on Myungsoo’s chest.

~~~

“They have to be up here somewhere!” Soomin said as she made her way into the ash filled sky. Soomin covered the cloth of her sweatshirt sleeve. She continued to make her way through the smog, “Eunmi!” She cried out, “Eunmi where are you?”

Soomin started to cough because of the smog. She felt someone come up behind and placed hands on her shoulders, “We will find them Soomin!” Sunggyu said as he took a step around her. He noticed that the smog was starting clearing.

Sunggyu saw something in the distance and started to run towards the two figures her saw laying on the ground. Soomin followed closely behind him. Sunggyu checked their pulse and pulled out his phone.

“Eunmi!” Soomin fell to her knees and tears started to fall.

"Soomin they are going to be ok.” Sunggyu said as Soomin hugged onto him and continued to cry. This was the first time her saw her cry since her parents gruesome murder. He hugged her back resting his head on top of her head. He dialed Dongwoo’s number.

“Hyung where are you?” Dongwoo asked.

“On the roof! I need to you call an ambulance. Both Myungsoo and Eunmi are unconscious and have lost some blood.”

“Hyung what do you mean that they are unconsci…” Dongwoo did not get to finish is sentence.

“Yahhh Hyung why didn’t you tell me about you and Soomin being childhood friends?’ Woohyun asked.

“Yahhh it is not the right time to asked me that’s. It is not important Woohyun! We need to get Myungsoo and Eunmi to the hospital!” Sunggyu said in a bossy voice. “Call an ambulance now!”

~~~

Myungsoo’s eyes opened slowly and looked around. He remembered an explosion, but after that everything was a bit fuzzy. He sat up slowly and rubbed his eyes.  When his vision was finally clear, he realized that he was in a hospital.  He looked over towards the bed next to him and noticed that Eunmi was still asleep.

He looked towards the cough and noticed that Soomin was there and was sleeping on Sunggyu’s shoulder. He noticed that Sunggyu was looking at her in a strange way as he pulled the blanket up that slipped off of her shoulder. “Yahh!” Sunggyu suddenly looked at Myungsoo who seemed to have a frustrated expression on his face.

Sunggyu slowly got up and lowered Soomin so she was laying on the cough; he did not want to wake her up. Sunggyu eyes darted towards Myungsoo. “What the hell happened tonight?”

“How am I supposed to know? I think someone knocked me out and when I woke up I heard that babo over there scream.” He pointed at Eunmi, “Things would be better if I was partner less. I rather work alone then have some babo drag me down. When can I leave the hospital?” Myungsoo said in an annoyed tone.

Sunggyu looked at Myungsoo, “Stop it with this damn attitude of yours.  Tell me what happened on the roof?”

“Why do you care? Are you trying to look good in front of the boss and her sister? I saw the way you looked at Soomin Noona! What are they to you?” Myungsoo asked in an angry tone.

“Soomin is my childhood friend and I know her since I was five. I have known Eunmi just as long. She is like a little sister to me. You need to tell me what happened and stop being a brat.” Sunggyu said.

“What!” Myungsoo eyes sharpened, “Why were you keeping like that from us? YAHHHH!”

“I have my reasons now talk.” Sunggyu said.

“Don’t interrogate me hyung because you are not telling me anything about your past with Soomin! I will not tell you a damn think that happened on the roof!”

“YAHHH will you SHUT THE HELL UP!” Eunmi said weakly. She looked over towards the two boys who were fighting, “Sunggyu oppa can you take Soomin unnie home. She should not stay here all night. I am awake and fine. I will talk to her another time what happened tonight. Myungsoo doesn’t know the detail what happened. He is just being arrogant and childish.”

“Who is the childish? You let some murderer take advantage of you Damn IT!” Myungsoo yelled.

“Sunggyu please leave so I can talk to Myungsoo alone!” Eunmi said as she sat up slowly. Sunggyu did not move and just looked at Eunmi, “GO!”

Sunggyu walked over towards Soomin and lifted her up onto his back and carried her out of the room.

~~~

Soomin’s eyes started to open slowly and noticed she was on Sunggyu’s back, “Sunggyu ahh why did we leave the hospital…my sister.”

“Your sister is awake and well. She wanted to talk to Myungsoo alone. Soomin your sister told me to take you home.” Sunggyu said.

“Remember when we used to do this when we were in high school.” Soomin said as she rested her head on his shoulder.

“How could I forget Soomin.” Sunggyu said as he opened the door to Soomin's house.

---

“I do not want to talk to you!” Myungsoo said as he laid back down, “I am already stuck in the same room as you.”

“Yahh” Eunmi said as she pushed the cover’s aside and got out of her bed. Her feet tough the cold tile floor and she placed a hand on the stand that was holding the IV that was in her arm. Eunmi started to walk towards Myungsoo’s bed.

“What the hell is wrong with you Myungsoo. You used to be different and after…”

“After what…” he opened one eye and looked at Eunmi, “YAHHH ARE YOU DUMB…Get back in your bed.” Myungsoo sat up and looked at Eunmi with cold eyes.

“Not till you talk to me.” Eunmi glared at him and was feeling dizzy again, but shoot it off.

“You are so stubborn and quite hiding the fact that you are obviously forcing yourself to stay standing. Go back to bed or you might end up in the hospital longer than you need to.” Myungsoo said in a cool tone.

“Shut up and talk!” Eunmi said before she fell forward into Myungsoo who caught her in his arms. “Babo.” He looked at the sleeping girl and Myungsoo just closed his eyes and fell asleep himself.

A.N. - I hope you like this chapter. It took me some time to write because of Easter and school is driving me insane. I hope you like this.

I have an idea for next chapter and I want to put in other cases...is there anyother idol group you want to see make an appearence in a chapter?