Truth

Flawless

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charlene didn’t want to hear anymore, but she knew this was crucial if she ever wants to keep their relationship a secret from JJ. 
Charlene swallowed her tears and continued listening as she closed her eyes. 
JJ hugged Charlene tightly to himself as he continued talking, as if he was scared she would try leaving him again. He would rather not live on if she wasn’t there for him to hug every day. 
“Now for the savior-Terran had predicted that the daughter of a Teacher would be the one to rebel against him. This particular teacher is born with a kind of aura that makes one adore him. But his daughter…is half mortal. The teacher bears the name of Cherron and his daughter with the name of Charlene.” 
Charlene gasped. 
“What’s wrong, Charlene?” JJ asked urgently. 
“I-I’m Charlene.” Charlene stuttered, unable to believe what JJ had just said. 
“But there are other things, don’t worry yourself-”
“My father’s name is Cherron. I am half mortal.”
The stunned silence lasted, and even JJ didn’t know what to say. 
“Tell me exactly what Terran said.” Charlene said quietly, fidgeting with her hands. 
JJ took a deep breath. “Darren held his neck and slowly took the breath out of him, draining life away from him. Even with his last few breaths, Terran said to Darren: 'With your evil deeds, a generation of yours shall be the last to do these evil acts. A young girl with bravery beyond normal and intellect different among others, she shall bring along her friends, friends of your own kind and rebel against the wrong of your actions. She shall succeed. Even though succeeding is not easy, she will have to sacrifice more than she can bear, but she will. She is the daughter of a mortal and your kind. She bears the name of Charlene and is the daughter of a Teacher. This particular Teacher is born with a kind of aura that makes one adore him. HE goes by the name of Cherron. He shall be the one destined to have to fight against his own daughter. His daughter is mighty in heart and brave in soul, her friends loyal. The first friend positive and shines light on all darkness, the next friend healing with his mind, the third with strength to kill the unknown, fourth a female with spirit that never breaks, fifth hard and rigid, never breaks apart. The sixth with wisdom beyond her own experiences. The seventh and eighth cannot be named, for they are still undecided. Charlene bears the gift that none can top, she shall see all: Lies, truth...and the past. Her generation is the generation where all disastrous actions would forever-more cease.' He had said.” 
Charlene’s eyes opened quickly. 
The descriptions fit all her friends…but who’s the one with strength to kill the unknown? Is she to meet a new person of their kind? 
“I-If I am her- the one destined to stop us, then, what do I do to stop us?” 
“Charlene, that’s not something I can tell you, for even I don’t know. YOU will know though, when the time comes.” 
“But I’m one person, and even with my friends-”
“Charlene, if you really are her, then I will stand by your side no matter what, and must I tell you what you should already know? I believe in you, you can do anything that you set your mind to, hell, I even ADMIRE you.” JJ answered quietly. 
Charlene relaxed. No matter what happens, as long as she’s with JJ, she’s ok. 
“Hey Charlene, do you know if you have a gift yet?” JJ asked. 
“I don’t know. I mean, at the beginning, I kind of had this thing, but then, I couldn’t conjure it up again and now, I totally forgot about it too. I don’t think so.” 
JJ let out the breath he was holding in. If Charlene didn’t have a gift, then probably she wasn’t the Charlene Terran was speaking of. 
‘Sacrifice more than she can bear.’ That means that Charlene may have to give up her LIFE to win the battle. 
But of course, JJ didn’t know that Charlene’s friends pretty fit the other descriptions. 
“What else is there?” Charlene asked, her thoughts running everywhere in the few minutes that the both was quiet. 
“Oh yeah, the binding: Because of the fact that I AM a fighter, I have researched everything that has to do with how to save a ‘unloving one’ and how to of course, kill you guys. And I found a hidden document that Terran’s wife had hidden from everybody else, she didn’t want love to be manipulated and used. She found that, since the ‘unloving ones’ are supposed to not be able to love, the only thing more powerful than them is none other than real, true, and pure love. She discovered the carving ritual and performed a spell on it to make sure that if they do find the hidden document later on, that real lovers can love each other forever. I’m pretty sure you can guess that her gift had to do with the whole thing of love- she’s kind of like the whole cupid thing. She knew that if that was found out by you guys, then you guys will use it to make random people carve the love mark on them to make sure they live forever.” 
“But Cherron and his people already know!” Charlene yelled. 
“What?” JJ sat straighter. “But I only found this document a few years ago!” 
“Then, I’m guessing the first generation already knew of it! Wait-” Charlene gasped just as JJ understood what Charlene was thinking. “Terran’s wife must have been killed after Darren found out about it, and there must be some kind of secret about it that she wouldn’t tell him!” 
“Yeah, a certain binding spell must be said right after the carving. I’m pretty sure it was because of this that Terran’s wife was killed. She wouldn’t tell him the binding spell! No wonder, I always wondered why and how she was discovered, she must have asked one of the unloving ones to help and they told!” 
JJ leaned back on his chair. So THAT mystery was solved. 
Charlene suddenly stood up. She just remembered something. “Why did you stab me in the stomach?” Charlene asked. “That night that you bound me; you stabbed me too.” 
“I don’t know.” JJ looked down, as if afraid to express his true feelings. 
“I KNOW!!!!” Charlene said happily, and then she became shy. She understood. He had stabbed her in the stomach first because that resulted in the least pain for her, If she fainted right after he stabbed her once, then that would mean that she wouldn’t feel any pain as he carved on her skin. 
No wonder her wound was all wrapped up and well when she woke up! 
Charlene hugged JJ as she realized all he had done for her. 
JJ smiled and hugged her back.