Chapter 5: Intimacy

A Time for Us

 


                “Oh, sorry miss. You can have it.” The guy said in a gentleman manner.

 

                When Taeyeon looked at him, he saw this charming guy who seemed so nice. She was so shy to talk. But she knows that she have to reply.

 

                “No sir. It’s ok. You found it first.” Taeyeon said and then she bowed.

 

                “Kkkk… why do you call me sir? You even bowed. Kkkk. I think we’re only of the same age.” The guy said.

 

                “Oh, mianhae. I’m sorry for that. Hmmmm…. You don’t seem to be interested to this kind of books. Why does It seem that you want to read it?” Taeyon asked.

 

                The book’s title is “100 tips to know if somebody likes you”.

 

                “Hahahaha… How did you say so?” The guy asked.

 

                “a-ahh… uhm.. molla… I don’t  know.. kkk. I think, it’s because you look so cool, so I guess it’ll be quite awkward for you to be interested to this sort of things.” Taeyeon said.

 

                “Oh, is that so? Hahaha..But I find them fun to read. And it wouldn’t be bad to try them, you’ll gain some knowledge, right, Taeyeon?” The guy said.

 

                “Huh? Why do you know my name?” Taeyeon was so curious about it. She doesn’t remember this guy, so she’s wondering how that guy knew her.

 

                “Hahahaha… It’s written on your purse. I saw it earlier. Kkkk.” The guy explained.

 

                “Oh. Hahahah… I’m cheongmal babo… kkkk.. How about you? Irumi mueyo? Taeyeon asked.

 

                “Chonun Lee Jonghyun imnida.” He introduced himself.

 

 

Lee Jonghyun
(in real life, he is a CNBLUE guitarist and vocalist)

 

 

                “Ahhh… good that I know your name already, so I won’t call you ‘sir’ anymore. Kkk. By the way, if this is the last copy, I want you to have it.” Taeyeon generously said.

 

                “No, it’s better if you take it. Don’t worry about me. Or if you want, we could share reading it, even just for a while…if you don’t have anything to do later. Then you can keep it afterwards.” Jonghyun suggested.

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

                “Oh my God. Is this guy asking me out? I can’t believe this! He’s so cute… I couldn’t miss this chance… But… omo. Is this right? I just met him now, it would be awkward for the both of us. Aigoo! I didn’t even brush my teeth. So embarrassing. Aissh.. I really want to but I think I shouldn’t. Agapda… So frustrating… but I have to say NO”

 

                 

                “Uhm, Jonghyun~ssi. I think I can’t. I still have something to do. Don’t worry. Just take the book. I have to go now. Bye!” Taeyeon said and then immediately run. She even bumped into the shop’s sales clerk because she was rushing.

 

 

               

After an hour….

 

                “Aigoo. Jonghyun… Ahh, he’s so cute. I wish I just went with him. But, this is not a good time to do those things. I look unpleasant, I didn’t brush my teeth, and I even have a problem with that guy from school! I have to get my watch back! Aissh. Hmmm… I wish I could see Jonghyun~ssi again.” Taeyeon thought while she was walking straight to her house.

 

                “Omma! I’m here.” Taeyeon shouted as she opened their door.

 

                “Annyeong haseyo Taeyeon~ssi!”A familiar voice greeted him.

 

                Taeyeon looked at the sofa where she found Jonghyun sitting.

 

                “Ahh! It’s you! Why are you here? You arrived even before I came? How did you know my house? And how did you get inside? Are you stalking me?” Taeyeon asked out of shock. But deep inside, she feels so happy since Jonghyun was in her house. She even though through her mind, “OMG! I hope this guy stays here forever! Imagine if we’re married, and then he greets me like this every time I arrive home…  Aissh.. what am I thinking?!“

 

                “Oh no Taeyeon, your mom let me in earlier. I already explained to her. By the way, I’m not here for any bad reason. Remember when you bumped with the sales clerk? You dropped your purse by that time. And so I picked it. Sorry if I had to look inside it, but I tried to look in case I’ll find your address, then I’ll return it. Good thing you have your ID in it. Now, I’m returning it to you. Here. “ Jonghyun offered.

 

                “Hwaaa… Gomawo Jonghyun~ssi! I really owe you because of this. I’m glad that it’s you who saw it and picked it up for me. Thank you so much! You’re a good man…” Taeyeon expressed in gladness. “Would you want to stay for lunch?”

 

“Yes, please eat here. I prepared something good.” Taeyeon’s omma said.

 

                “Is it… ok if I do stay here?” Jonghyun confirmed.

 

                “Ofcourse! I would be honored if you’ll stay. And also it’s my simple way to thank you for bringing my purse back.” Taeyeon said.

 

                “Araseo. Thanks for offering food for me. I’m also quite hungry. Kkkk.” Jonghyun joked.

 

                “Shall we eat now?” Taeyeon’s omma asked.

 

               Finally, Jonghyun ate lunch with Taeyeon’s family. There was pasta, kimbab, ricecake and kimchi served in the table.

                “Hwaaa.. Mashisseo! This is really delicious! And pasta is my favorite! I’m so lucky today! Kkkk..” Jonghyun happily said while eating.

 

                “Oh, good that you like it. Don’t be shy, get some more.” Taeyeon’s omma offered.

 

 

Suddenly….

               

 

                “Unnie, so is this your real boyfriend? Isn’t your boyfriend the one who brought you here last night?” Hyunji asked.

 

                “Kya! What are you talking about?! He’s just a friend who was good enough to return my purse! And the one who brought me here last night, I don’t know him!”

 

                Jonghyun was laughing. He thinks that Hyunji was really cute and funny when she asked that question to Taeyeon.

 

                “Mianhaeyo Jonghyun~ssi. Sorry for what she asked.” Taeyeon apologized.

 

                “Don’t worry. She’s just a child. And she’s so funny. Hahaha.” Jonghyun told. By the way, if I may ask, how come someone you don’t know brought you home last night? Something bad happened? Jonghyun asked then.

 

                “Ah, that. Hmmm… that’s a long story. But he’s a student in school, and I don’t know what he wants from me. Before, he was ok for me. He is a good guy, I thought. But after what happened last night, I really hate him! He even got something important from me, just to make me meet him at V-square so he can return it to me. Eotteoke?” Taeyeon explained.

 

                “The V-square? But that’s a place only the elites are allowed to go.” Jonghyun asked.

 

                “Exactly. And that’s my problem. I don’t know how could I get in there.” ~Taeyeon

               

                “Don’t worry. I could help you with that.” ~Jonghyun

               

                “Y..you are one of the elites?” Taeyeon shockingly asked.

 

                “They wanted me to be in their society, but I neglected. I know it’s quite good to be one of them, but I decided to live simply. That V-square… although it’s exclusive for the elites, they would treat me nicely in there, although I don’t really go there most of the time. Don’t worry, sometimes, I’ll help you go there, just tell me when would you like.” ~Jonghyun

 

                “A—are you sure? Hmmm… Thank you but… I’m not still too confident to go……” Taeyeon was still talking when Jonghyun said something.

 

                “Don’t think too much about that. When you’re with me, nothing bad could happen. I assure you.” Jonghyun smiled. “So let’s go tomorrow?”

 

                “Ahh… ne. Thanks! Ok, tomorrow.” Taeyeon agreed. “That’s ok, right omma?” She asked her mom.

                “Ne. Kwenchana. It’s ok. But be sure that you’d be safe.” Her omma replied.

 

                “Oh, do you know the name of the guy that you are meeting?” ~Jonghyun

 

                “Ahhh… I’m not sure about his name. But on the letter he gave me, he sign it with letter PLT.” ~Taeyeon

 

                “PLT? Hmm… Park LeeTeuk?” Jonghyun expressed.

 

 

 

On the mean time, at the V-square.

 

                “I wonder when that girl would come.” Leeteuk said.

 

                “Girl? Who?” Siwon curiously asked. He had no idea about what Leeteuk said.

 

                “Kim Taeyeon. I got this watch for her. I’m waiting for her to claim it back. I’m sure she’ll come for this. This must be valuable for her. Her names engraved at the back of the watch.” Leeteuk explained.

 

                “But why are you doing this hyung?” Siwon asked.

 

                “Ahh.. I made something bad to her, out of my shock that she doesn’t know me. So now, I want to explain everything to her, an apologize.”

 

                “In this kind of way? Do you think she’ll forgive you like this?” Eunhyuk asked.

 

                “Yeah. Will she forgive you if you’ll do it this way?” Donghae asked too.