JongKey, The Purple Panda

JongKey, The Purple Panda

 

Minho watched intensely the fear-provoking scene that was going on before him. He scrunched up his face conveying his disapproval.

“Still the same?” Onew asked moving beside him.

“It has gotten worse.” Minho replied. “Now he’s trying to feed that panda.” He added, worriedly crossing his arms across his chest.

 

Onew shifted his gaze to Key, who was sitting on the couch with a purple panda beside him. JongKey was its name.

 

“Ju...ju...juuu...” Key said, lingering the spoon in front of the toy. “Be a good girl and take a bite.”

 

“This is not happening.” Minho whispered. “Not with our comeback around the corner. I can’t handle another lunatic in the group.” He said but instantly regretted it as Onew flicked a dangerous dirty glare at him. “I meant Jonghyun hyung.” He quickly lied, trying to save the situation. “And how does he know it’s a girl?” he added changing the subject.

 

“Hyung, he’s still doing that?” Taemin asked, approaching from the kitchen.

Life saver! Minho thought. I love you. I Wish i could say it loud to you, he thought with a sigh. He’s so pretty, that smile, those eyes...

 

“Hyung, why are you smiling?” Taemin asked giving him a nudge.

 

Minho snapped back to reality. “Nothing. I wasn’t thinking about you.” He replied and bit his lips right after, cursing himself for being an .

 

“And he thinks im crazy.” Onew said, flatly.

“I didn’t say...”

 

“Oh, save it.” Onew snapped. “We have to focus on him. Look at him. He’s losing it.” he said pointing at Key who was now trying to pour drink down the panda’s non-existent throat.

 

“Are those cocoa puffs and strawberry milk?” Taemin asked. “He yelled at me for touching them yesterday and now he’s forcing it down a freaking stuffed toy!” Taemin retorted, pouting.

 

“Don’t let him hear you saying the word stuffed toy. He’ll throw a fit.” Minho informed, recalling the painful incident that occurred the night before when accidently used the word stuffed and toy in the same sentence. “He pummelled me with my light stick.” He said with a shuddering at the memory.

 

“Someone needs to talk to him before he completely loses touch with reality.” Onew said, taking a deep breath.

The older boys slowly shifted their gaze to the magnae.

 

As much as i love you Taeminnie, sacrifices are needed for the greater good, Minho thought before shoving Taemin forward, causing him to trip over coffee table and landing right on Key.

 

Taemin felt something wet dropping onto his arm. Pink liquid? What is...OH MY GOD!

 

Swallowing hard he cowardly sneaked a look Key, whose clothes, which he highly valued, was dripping with strawberry milk.

“Poor boy.” Onew muttered, sneakily moving into his room, with Minho following right at the back. “God bless him.”

 

Taemin flashed a nervous smile at Key, whose face was as red as a beetroot.

 

“Hey, hyung.” He braved himself to utter incoherently. “Nice panda.” He babbled.

“LEE TAEMIN!” Key roared.

 

****

“I feel like i’m living with a ticking time bomb.” Onew whispered.

 

“Try pissing one off! You guys were great help by the way. How could you abandon me like that?” Taemin sulked. “He yanked my hair! Do you have any idea how painful it was?”

 

“We thought he’d never hurt you since you are the adorable magnae he has always loved.” Minho said, feeling guilty.

“Well, i am obviously no longer in his ‘people-i-shouldn’t-yank-their-effing-hair-off-their-head’ list.” Taemin snapped. “My precious hair...”

 

“They’ll grow back, Taemin-ah. He only pulled out a few hair strands.” Minho attempted to comfort the brooding youngest member.

 

“You call these a few?” Taemin asked holding up a chunk of his blonde hair.

 

“I am so sorry for your lost Taeminnie but can we get to the important part of this discussion now?” Onew said, straightening the conversation.

Taemin nodded, heaving a heavy sigh. “Fine.Whatever.”

****

This whole obsession over the purple panda started when Jonghyun left, around three weeks ago, to Japan for a solo activity, which was a day Valentine’s Day. So there was no romantic rooftop candle light Italian dinner for two with jazz music playing at the background while he and Jonghyun shared a love shot that Key had always fantasized about, that was the first blow.

 

The second one was, the solo activity will be going on for one whole month or more if the schedule doesn’t go according to plan.

 

And the last and final strike that drove Key up the wall was the fact that Jonghyun will not be home to celebrate their 1st year anniversary.

 

When their manager made the announcement all eyes fell on Key who blinked a few times, trying to digest the situation and seconds later he dropped on the floor, throwing a tantrum. It would have worked with the noonas but with their manager hyung? Not a chance.

 

 And so Jonghyun had no choice but to accept the flight ticket, pack his luggage and leave to the airport. Everything was going on fine, Key was actually doing good, accepting the truth, although it big time, but then Jonghyun, being a devoted lover bought that blasted purple panda from the duty free shop and handed it over to Key.

 

“Always keep this with you. This is...err...the symbol of our love. Let’s name it JongKey as how our fans call us.”

Key beamed with pleasure, gripping the panda close to his heart. “Yes.” He said, nodding eagerly.

 

The other three boys felt their feet curl.

 

What the heck? How can they act like this with Taeminnie here? Minho thought.

 

Oh, this is perfect. The scandal’s going to blow up again, Onew thought, worried about the effort he’s got to make to clean their mess up.

 

This is oddly disturbing, Taemin’s mind mused. But the panda is cute.

 

“So i’ll see you in a month then. Hopefully.” Jonghyun said. “Take care! I'll miss you.” he said, giving Key a hug.

“Yes, sure. we'll miss you too.” Onew responded.

 

“He was talking to me.” Key butted in.