Going back to my memories with you, but having the feeling that I wasted time

The Bridge's Broken Promise

Chapter 4: Going back to my memories with you, but having the feeling that I wasted time.

[Sungmin’s POV]

So she is really going? I don’t get it… last year it was already gone. Hmp! Never mind~~~ I guess there must be something… something that made her leave… or rather make her leave….

Wait! Why am I thinking about this anyway?

*RIIIINGGGGG*

I picked up my phone.

“What’s up?”

I answered.

“Oppa~ It’s me…Sooyoungie~”

Sooyoung replied.

“Oh~ What’s up?”

I responded back.

“It’s confirmed…”

She uttered with a pause

“Confirmed?”

I was confused at that point but then she said…

“Sunny… she is really leaving… my dad was her dad’s lawyer when he was still here. He got a confirmation letter of the departure of the Lee sisters…( Sunny and her sister )”

Sooyoung sighed

“Did you already tell Taeyeon?”

I asked her.

“It is better for Sunny to tell herself...”

Sooyoung’s voice started to crack…

“Are you alright?”

I asked her. Then she answered…

“Yeah… it is just Sunny was already a part of my life and Taeyeon’s even Leeteuk’s…”

I know… even mine’s… *sighs*

“Hello? Sungmin still there?”

Sooyoung cried.

“…Oh… yeah~ I was just thinking of what will Taeyeon say…If she hears this gloomy confirmation…”

I said unsurely..

“Hey~ are you alright? You seem sadder than I am already..”

Am I that obvious?...

“No… I am just sleepy~”

I answered back … but I guess I was really obvious..

“Oh~ well… then see you tomorrow… night!”

She turned off the phone.

I threw my phone on my bed and lay down looking on the ceiling….

[FLASHBACK]

At the school’s sports fest…

-SUNNY’s POV-

“MINE!”

I hit the volleyball back to the opponent’s side…

“Score to the VIPER’S TEAM!”

The announcers announced.

“Hell yeah!!!!”

I screamed.

“Good job ,Sunny~ Sunny! Rest for a while! Sunny out! Yoona in!”

Our team captain screamed.

I went out of the court and sat on the bench… a few inches from where Sungmin’s sitting~

-SUNGMIN’S POV-

“BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!! 2nd set has just ended! And the Askals and the Vipers are both on the same track can’t wait to see the winner of this game!”

The announcer yelled.

“Nice dive, Hyunah~”

Sunny complimented.

“Thanks~”

“Sunny do you want to go in already?”

The captain asked.

“No~ I’ll go in later~”

Sunny replied

“Yeah~ your legs seems to be tired already…”

Hyunah said

“May be I am not used to it...”

She replied. I got my camera and took pictures of the team… Sunny was fixing her hair…

I took few pictures of her. After, Sunny was massaging her legs, from the thighs down to her feet. I don’t know but I had this feeling that I am so worried…

“Sunny, stretch up a little bit. We need you to go in already. Jessica seems to be tired already…”

I said to her.  Wow~ this is the very first time I said something to her.

She stood up and remained in a squat position with her head down. I took another photo.

[Next FlashBack]

At the cultural night…

-Sunny’s POV-

I was fixing my hair and makeup when we were said to pick up our numbers for the event sequencing...

“Sunny, Taeyeon, and Taemin… Pick your numbers.”

The Administration Assistant of the event said.

Taeyeon grabbed a cube and opened it…

3RD Presenters

“Phew~ At least we were not the first…”

Taemin sighed.

I nodded as a reply. 30 minutes later…

“Alright!!! Next to present their scripted debate are Taeyeon, Sunny, and Taemin! Please give them a warm round of applause…”

The spectators clapped their hands; the stadium was surrounded with their applauses.

I couldn’t stop but to worry… worrying that I might mess things up. I was the first to speak… well honestly… it was a very long speech that I have to say…

“…the people of today’s generation made a … a…. very huge destruction in this era’s economy… and…um…er…they have lived in such way that this destruction ruined lives…”

I kept talking…saying the words I tried to keep in mind. But, I kept on messing with the words. I can see the judges laughing their faces off me because of my numerous errors…But when I suddenly said the line…

“Let’s give them a warm applause for they gave us honor…”

Someone clapped. Well actually he was the only one who clapped. Somehow, I felt embarrassed but when I tilt my head to look at the person who was clapping…

SUNGMIN?!?!?!? Fanatic heart is starting to flatter!!!!

He smiled. And looked at his camera like nothing happened. I sat down and said to myself..

Ugh! I am just day dreaming~ Wake up!!! >w<

[END OF FLASHBACKS]

-Sungmin’s POV-

“Hmp! What is with you, Sungmin? Stop thinking of her. Like she said at summer camp she does not like you…And why am I even talking to myself? Ugh! I am crazy!!!”

I ducked my head under the pillow.

“As people say… my heart is always at the wrong time…”