Who is Dara Park?

A dorky kind of love

"How can you say that hyung?" Jiyong asked. Seunghyun let out a sigh and continued "You'll learn sooner or later Jiyong" 

 

AFTERNOON CLASSES

What Seunghyun said bothered Jiyong but he still tried his best to concentrate with the discussion and he wouldn't want to make his grades suffer. Jiyong as usual took down notes and listened eagerly to what the teacher is saying. But he would try to do stolen glances at his back, she saw her staring out the windom, seemingly in deep thought. He doesn't know why but there's something about Dara Park that caught his eyes. There's something about her that draws his attention to her. 

 

Dara took notice that Jiyong constantly glances at her. "What are you looking at?" Dara said with a irritated look on her face. Jiyong didn't know what to do but he was able to reply to her "Nothing. Sorry for staring at you" he said with a weak voice. "Don't do it again or I'll kill you. Understood?" Dara replied. "Ok" Jiyong replied with a whisper. 

 

"You two back there! Keep quiet!" the teacher said out loud, pointing to their direction at the back of the classroom. Everyone looked at them and kept on whispering at each other. Jiyong quickly stood up and bowed his head while saying "Sorry Sir, please continue" then took his seat. 

 

Dara became more irritated. She stood up, grabbed her bag and went out of the classroom. Everyone was shocked with her bold move including Jiyong. He had the feeling of wanting to follow her but he didn't. He just sat there wondering what made her leave the class. 

 

The teacher seemed irritated as well but pretended that nothing happened and continued on discussing. 

 

END OF CLASS

Jiyong was left to clean the classroom along with his other classmates. When they were finished, his other classmates went on while Jiyong fixed his things he needed to study at the library. But before going to the library, he went first at the rooftop to get some fresh air (his routine since last school year) and to clear his mind so that he can maintain his focus for hours of studying at the library. 

 

ROOFTOP

He went there and was amazed on the view of the sun. Sunsets are one the things he wanted to see. For he believed that their will be a new day and new things to learn. He constantly want to learn, that's something about him that he cannot change and because of that no wonder he spends most of his time at the library reading books. 

 

"Hey geek" someone shouted at his back. Jiyong immediately turned around, recognizing that the voice seemed familiar. It turns out to be Dara Park. 

 

Jiyong was puzzeled seeing her. Dara just looked at him without any reaction. "He-ll-o" Jiyong stutteredly replied. Different from the way she acts before, Dara let out a chuckle and then looked at him. "You always stutter or whisper whenever I talk to you" Dara said. 

 

Jiyong turned red while he kept on fixing his glasses eventhough they are already fine. Dara slowly walked towards him and grabbed his wrist. "Stop touching it, it's already ok" Dara said. 

 

Jiyong felt like he was going to burst. Feeling her touch, he felt like someone had electricuted him. He didn't know what to say, he just kept on looking at her. Dara then let go of his hand and diverted her attention to the view. 

 

"Nice view" Dara said. Jiyong then looked at her again while the sun's rays slowly touched her face. Her face certainly looks like a goddess but there's something in her eyes that doesn't match up with her beauty. Her eyes seemed emotionless...and dark. 

 

"Can I ask you a question?" Jiyong said out of nowhere. Dara turned to look at him but didn't respond. "You see..hmmm..I just wanted to ask why everyone seemed aloof at you? I just find it a little offending especially because you're a new student here" Jiyong continued. 

 

Dara wasn't really surprised with Jiyong's question. She just knows where she stands and what kind of reputation she has in this side of the town. She let out a sigh and said "Don't get into the darkness you don't wanna see" 

 

Jiyong was taken a back with what Dara said. Dara then walked to the door of the rooftop. Jiyong looked at her as she walks out.  Eventhough what she said bothered him, he shouted "I didn't introduced myself yet. I'm Kwon Jiyong, nice to meet you" and bowed his head again towards her direction. 

 

Dara with her back still facing Jiyong, she stopped walking and a smirk formed in her lips. She didn't replied and then went on.