Chapter 3

Empty Space

He realizes within the next hour that he's the only one that Youngjun treats this way. It made sense that he was the alone in such a big house. Youngjun was an artist, and he was the type to keep to himself. It made complete sense to Kwangyeon, how he sat at the corner in an empty coffee shop, how he didn't even let Kwangyeon come close when he was taking his order, heck, even the time of the night that he went out to get coffee wasn't normal.

He just wondered why was so different from the rest of humanity.

...Well, aside from running away from home to pursue a career in bass that no one but actual music geeks were actually interested in. 

 

Youngjun sat on the chair that he propped in front of the previously empty space after turning it to face the blond boy. It made him feel conscious; It made him mess up a bit with the bass, mumbling a little "sorry" before continuing.

"Kwangyeon," Youngjun began, "Can you look here for a bit?"
Kwangyeon obliges, more hesitant than anything. He felt like he was going to mess up again. He didn't want to mess up; not in front of Youngjun. He feels a blush creep up to his cheeks when his thumb slips and his fingers miss by two strings.
"S-sorry." He stutters, instantly looking back down
"Kwangyeon," Youngjun says again, partly pleading, partly ordering. Kwangyeon lifts hid fingers off of the bass, slightly red from playing for more than twenty minutes straight. He hangs his arms over the instruments, flipping his hair to one side before looking at his hyung.

Youngjun stands up, scanning the room quietly before standing beside Kwangyeon.
"I started the whole thing with this drawing behind you." He says, the boy flinching at the sudden disturbance of the silence that he got used to. "It was the day I moved in here, about the writing career that I ditched because I wanted to create something more visual."
He chuckles, as if he's making a mockery of himslef in his head.
"I was a naive kid back then, thinking that following my dreams was all that I needed to do." 

Well, that hit a spot.

"You say it like it's a bad thing." Kwangyeon says as calmly as he can, carefully placing the bass on the couch beside him. "I mean, if you can sustain yourself with what you want to do, then why not?"
"I'm only still alive because I'm from a rich family, I grew up thinking that I could do anything." He contiued. "I didn't run away, I asked them if I could move to one of our other properties. And they agreed. That's all there was."
He blinks a bit, almost forgetting that he was talking to the blond boy that's been through a lot, and that he was telling him about how life is easy. The boy put on that smile again, this time with a little less effort to hide his other emotions.
"I went too far." Youngjun mumbles, shaking his head.

He still didn't get why the older guy favored him, but it was cute seeing him fuss over little things. Maybe Kwangyeon could get used to living with Youngjun.