Lavenders

Crying Sky

              Every day, Yo Seob would wake up at 3.30 am and sneak out of the house to the graveyard. He would bring random wild flowers and rest them at my headstone. I would follow him silently and watch while he picked up fallen dead leaves and touched my picture on the headstone. Every day, I would stand beside him yearning to comfort him, to let him know I’m okay but I could only watch as he cried.

                Dust to dust. Ashes to ashes. One tear fell after another. At 5am, with his little torch light he would return home and crawled back into his bed pretending to sleep. Our four members were silent in their beds. Yo Seob doesn’t know they knew. But they just kept quiet and brought flowers home a bit more frequently saying they passed by the flower shop and the flower were especially beautiful that day, or say an old lady was selling it by the road side so they can’t help but buy a large bouquet and so on.

                Yo Seob just nodded and thanked them quietly. No one wondered or asked after Yo Seob where did the flowers vanish off to. They just pretend the flowers had never existed after they placed it on the dining table the night before.

                Yo Seob walked past an old flower shop one day and stopped. He gazed into the shop at the flowers for a long, long time. He walked in and I followed and an old man greeted him cheerfully.

                “Welcome!” he said and Yo Seob nodded avoiding the old man’s gaze. For a long time, Yo Seob just stared at the fresh lavenders shining and glittering in the sunlight.

 

                “Woah! Hold on!” I said and Yo Seob bumped into my back.

                “What happened?” he asked while I peeked into a flower shop.

                “Yo Seob ah, look!” I pointed at the glass.

                “What?” he came beside me and squinted into the shop earning strange look from the florist inside.

                “They actually sell lavenders here! Wow!” I exclaimed excitedly while Yo Seob glanced at me sideways in disbelief.

                “Your behavior now totally contradicts your personality and image.” He stated still looking at me sideways. I laughed while he shook his head in mock disappointment.

                “The true colors of Yong Jun Hyung. A pathetic idol who gets excited over purple flowers.” He muttered and we looked into the glass at the lavenders again.

                “I’m going in to buy some.” I finally said while Yo Seob laughed.

                “Seriously?!” he laughed after me but I ignored him. There is nothing wrong with me liking flowers.

                “Hi,” I said to the florist once I entered the flower shop. The air inside the flower shop was sweet and fresh with flowers. I took a deep breath inhaling the lovely smell as the florist turned around.

                “Hi,” she said pleasantly. “How can I help y-“she suddenly gasped and her hand flew to in shock.

                “You’re Beast’s Jun Hyung!” she exclaimed while I smiled coolly. “Oh my god!” she said over and over again while she couldn’t take her eyes off me.

                “I’m a big fan of Beast! I know all your songs and dance! I can’t believe I’m seeing a real Beast member!” she said while I smiled.

                “Thank you very much for your support.” I said politely and right then, Yo Seob entered the shop with a group of fans following him. He looked troubled while he smiled at his wild fans and they all screamed when they saw me.

                “Oh my god! It’s Yong Jun Hyung with Yang Yo Seob!!!” They screamed and squealed. I smiled.

                “Annyeong.” I greeted them and they shouted again while I turned back to the florist.

                “I’m here to buy some flowers.” I said softly and she nodded.

                “What flowers do you like?” I pointed to the lavenders.

                Half an later, Yo Seob and I emerged from the shop after taking pictures and sign on their papers with lots of presents in our arms as well as a big bouquet of all the Lavenders in the shop.

                We quickly left the street and finally we were at peace again, away from the fans. Yo Seob kept glancing at the Lavenders.

                “I can’t believe she gave you all the Lavenders.” He said in disbelief.

                “Looks like she’s my fan.”

                “If only she saw you and your excited face just now outside the window.” He mumbled.

                “Yah!” I tried to smack him with my hands but they were too full. He laughed and waltzed away before my hand was even near. For a few minutes, we walked in silence towards home.

                “Jun Hyung ah,”

                “Hmm?”

                “Why do you like Lavenders? They are not even pretty at all.” He asked looking up at me. I smirked.

                “It doesn’t have to be pretty to be beautiful.” I answered simply while he gave me that clueless look. I rolled my eyes and explain,

                “It may not be pretty like roses and lilacs and sunflowers and others but it’s color, it’s the prettiest. Just like a person.” I said then turned to him.

                “You don’t have to be pretty and perfect because your true colors are so much better.” He blushed and averted his gaze to the ground.

                “Are you saying I’m not good-looking?” he asked and I laughed.

                “Good-looking doesn’t even begin why in my eyes I only see you.” I said. He blushed deeper. I grabbed his arm and he yelp as he twirled around and bumped into me, right on my lips! That day, we kissed on the street and the bouquet of Lavenders was our only witness.

 

                “Young man,” the old man softly called out to Yo Seob but Yo Seob couldn’t hear him. Tears were falling down his cheeks while he just stood there looking at the Lavenders.

                 “Why, young man, is everything alright?” an old hand reached out and touched Yo Seob’s shoulder. Our lead vocalist jumped in surprise.

                “Young man,” the old man said again. “Is everything alright?” Yo Seob looked at him for a long time then shook his head. Nothing in his life was alright at all.

                 Yo Seob then picked up the whole vase of Lavenders from the floor and carried it to the cashier.

                “You want to buy all the Lavenders?” the old man asked him in surprise. Yo Seob nodded. The old man studied his face for a few seconds then started wrapping all the Lavenders in beautiful soft blue papers with white ribbons. Yo Seob paid the old man and held the Lavenders close to his chest and left the shop. The old man stared after him, his face filled with confusion yet his eyes knew something was not right.

                  Yo Seob cried all the way home. I talked to him over and over again but once again it was futile, he couldn’t hear anything. He held the Lavenders, my favorite flowers close to his chest and he looked like he was going to collapse from sadness. I wanted to scream seeing him like that. I was so frustrated; I didn’t realize I was pulling at my own hair.

                  “Yah!” I shouted upwards to the dark autumn sky. “You little angel! We need to talk!” I yelled and ironically, the sky growled loudly and rain started to pour. I could only watch as Yo Seob ran home, the flowers were safe and tight in his arms.

                 “Yah!” I continued to shout to the sky. “Come down! We need to talk!” I stomped up and down the street under the pouring rain that I couldn’t feel, waiting for the angel to appear.

                 “Why are you so livid?” a little voice asked and I spun around to see the same little angel dressed in a white dress this time. She smiled while I growled.

                 “What is the meaning of this? When you say I have unfinished business, did you mean I need to stay here to watch my friends and lover suffer while torturing myself at the same time?”

                 “Of course they cry. That’s what humans do when they lost someone.” She said pretending to be confused by my statement.

                 “You know very well what I meant.” I countered back with a forced patient. She twirled her lovely wavy hair and sighed. She then tilted her face towards the sky like she was enjoying the rain that couldn’t touch her.

                 “Do you want to leave now and go there?” she asked nodding towards the sky.

                 I opened my mouth but nothing came out. She pulled her gaze away from the sky and looked at me in the eyes waiting while I gaped like a stupid goldfish. If I leave, I’ll never see Yo Seob again. If I leave, I’ll never return again. If I leave, how will Yo Seob continue to live on? If I leave. If I leave. If I leave.

                  I looked at her for a long time.

                 “If it’s the right thing.” I finally said and she smiled in relieve like what I said made perfect sense to everything. She held out her tiny hand to me.

                 “Come on Yong Jun Hyung. Let me show you something.” She smiled convincingly and I had no choice but to comply. I reached out to hold her hand but as soon as I touched her, the ground beneath me disappeared and I found myself falling.

                  Gravity pulled me down and I screamed waving my limbs around but I heard laughter beside me. I turned around me and saw the little angel was looking like anything but panic. Her hair was flying wildly behind her while she laughed and laughed like she was enjoying the fall.

                  I heard music around me. The sound of people crying, glasses breaking, screams, fights and so much more were a distance noise as soothing music played on around us. We suddenly leveled off and gravity pulled me to the ground. I landed on something soft with an ‘oof’.

                  My heart was beating wild in my chest as my head swirled in dizziness. I tried to look around and grasp my surrounding but I only felt like puking. I turned over on the ground and my breath was caught in my throat from surprise as I came face to face with something blue and beyond the mass of blue, large scary shadows were moving to and fro. I turned my head around and forced myself to focus; I saw a mountain was dangling above me. I gaped as I looked around me and I realized, the mass of blue was actually a sea. That totally messed up my logic for the mountains and sea was dangling against gravity in the sky. I didn’t know how to react.

                “Pretty isn’t it.” A voice broke through my thoughts. I turned sideways to see the little angel sitting crossed-legged beside me looking around like a child entering the candy shop for the first time.

                “Where are we?” I asked. She suddenly laughed and stood up dancing on something white and fluffy. I squinted and my heart dropped. I suddenly found it hard to breath. I was sitting on a cloud and she was dancing among the clouds. Nothing made sense at all.

                “Yong Jun Hyung!” she suddenly called out to me. I looked up; trying hard to breathe and she motioned me to join her.

                “We can’t stay here for too long. It’s changing.” As soon as she said that, the floor turned dark gray and black and thunder rumbled below my feet causing me to fall back to my .

                 “Come on! Hurry up!” she shouted again, jumping and motioning me to go to her.

                “What the hell is going on here?” I muttered and ran towards her. As soon as I reached her, everything around me disappeared and I fall. Again. Only this time, I’m falling upwards. With the same speed and wildness, my body moved upwards. I was about to scream to the angel until I saw flashes of Yo Seob’s face appeared in front of me.

                  Like the speed of lightning, they disappeared as soon as I saw it, replaced with another picture, then another, and then another until I was dizzy. The wind pressure on my body was making my head dizzy but that doesn’t stop me from trying to catch each and every picture of Yo Seob that was flashed beyond me.

                 “Here we are.” The angel suddenly appeared again and without realizing, I was standing upright and I sank to the floor from the suddenly weight and gravity. I opened my mouth to yell at her but right in front of me suddenly stood Yo Seob.

 

                  I couldn’t understand what was happening or where the hell am I or why Yo Seob was suddenly there in front of me. I looked around and realized the sky was dark already. The wind was wild around me and we were standing on top of a roof.

                 Someone shouted and realized it was Doo Joon who stood not too far from us. He was shouting something but I couldn’t understand nor hear a thing he was saying. It was like I was watching a silent movie as Doo Joon looked really frantic and Dong Woon was crying as he looked panicked, clenching and unclenching his fists. Gi Kwang and Hyun Seung was nowhere to be seen. There were only four of us on the roof top.

                  “Yah! What’s going on? Why are you shouting like that?” I asked Doo Joon. Our leader didn’t hear me and continued to talk and yell and shout at Yo Seob. I frowned.

                  “Yo Seob ah,” I called moving towards my lover. “What’s going on?” I asked and he just stood there motionless with his back towards Doo Joon and Dong Woon.

                  “Yo Seob ah,” I tried again and suddenly realized we were actually standing beyond the railings, too close to the edge. I frowned and peeked down. My tummy turned from the height and I stumbled a few steps backwards from shock.

                  “Yah! Step back. It’s too dangerous!” I said automatically, reaching out to touch his shoulder and my fingers went through his body. I froze.

                  He turned sideways slowly to look at me but his eyes can’t see me. He was looking hard but his eyes see nothing but dark empty space beside him. Tears were falling down his eyes as he continued to look hard and the others continued to shout behind him.

                 He shook his head at me, at the space beside him. His cute face was frowning as he sobbed behind the sleeve of his jacket.

                 “Yah! Yang Yo Seob! Don’t do this!” Doo Joon’s voice suddenly hit my eardrums hard. I could suddenly hear the sounds around me booming like thunders. The sound of the strong wind blowing harshly at us making whistling sound, the sound of their voices, and the sound of Yo Seob’s silent sobs as well as the sound of my pounding heart in my ears.

                 “Hyung!” I heard Dong Woon called, plead. “Please don’t do this. We can talk this over if you come down from there.”

                 Our lead vocalist shook his head regretfully. He turned around to face our leader and maknae and smiled softly. The other two stood looking worried and restless until Yo Seob said,

                 “I’m going to be fine now. You guys should move on and be great singers.” He said still smiling wistfully.

                 “Let’s move on together! We can do this if we try.” Doo Joon said, tears were welling behind his eyes. Yo Seob shook his head at his words and spread his arms wide and tilted his face to the dark night sky. The wind flapped his jacket and scarf around while he looked peacefully with tears falling down his eyes.

                 “Without him,” he whispered. “I don’t even remember how to breathe.” And with that, he took a step backwards.

                 “NO!” I screamed trying to grab him before he falls but my fingers just went through him. He turned his head to look at me and smiled.

                 “Saranghae,” he mouthed and he was gone, falling down a building more than 30 floors high.

                 “Wait! NO!” the other two screamed and ran towards the railings.

                  “Yo Seob ah! NO! You pabo!” Doo Joon screamed but it was no use, a loud bang was then heard followed by screams from citizens below the building. Dong Woon broke down crying while Doo Joon was stunned.

                   The two of them then exit the roof and ran downstairs.  I sank down to the ground trembling from crying too hard. I was crying so hard that I was practically hyperventilating. My fingers found my hair and pulled them hard out of frustration and confusion and a million more emotions. How could something like this happen? Why? Why, why, why?!

                   “Yang Yo Seob will commit suicide six months after you passed on.” The voice of the angel whispered into my ear and I screamed. I screamed and screamed while I cried until my throat hurts and sore.

                   “Your unfinished business is don’t let this happen.” She continued to say, ignoring me screaming and crying behind my hands on the roof floor.

                    “Yang Yo Seob can hear you for five seconds a day. Use this gift wisely.” She said again and I felt myself falling again.

                     The feeling of high speed and weightlessness, this must how Yo Seob felt when he jumped off the building. I cried as I fall. I cried when I was returned to roadside not far from where Yo Seob bought the lavenders, back to the street under the pouring sky. There I sat for a long time bawling my eyes out until the sun came up again the next morning. I will be the cause of Yo Seob commiting suicide.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HEY PEEPS!!!!!!!!! I'm so sorry for the super late update!! This is the new chapter! I hope you all enjoyed this and please be patient till the next chappie....

Thank you for reading and write me some comments f you want to share yur feelings with me so I could improve my writing better... Sorry for my crappy grammar and thanks again for reading...