Black Unbrellas

Crying Sky

Hi People! Aurthor here.... This is my second JunSeob fic, and please let me warn you, this might make you cry and if you're looking for something to tear you up, you're in the right place, but if it's not, then it's better to leave before this little chapter mess up your smile..

If you're still here, then go ahead and keep reading!!!!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

                 Yo Seob had not spoken for three months. Other than singing on stage and answering simple things like yes, no, thank you, I’m sorry, I don’t know and etc, he had not opened his mouth once. Everyone talks to him every day, trying to coax him to talk again but it was futile. Most of the time he either nods or shook his head or just looks away and ignore.  Nothing seems to be able to get through him. He doesn’t smile and laugh anymore. All he does was sing on stage like he usually does. Once the spot lights were shut off and cameras were turned off, he too took off his idol shell and retreat to his own world.

                Every day he would follow his schedule dutifully. Everybody took a great care of him. Dong Woon always made sure he ate his meals. Doo Joon was always there to answer every question directed to him and does everything he can to help him when he pretends to be mute. Hyun Seung took over Yo Seob’s talking part in everything while Gi Kwang always cook and give him piggyback rides home when he fell asleep silently in some corner during a photo shoots, concerts or something.

                It was like Yo Seob was not Yo Seob anymore. He was but an empty shell with a voice of an angel.  He no longer posses any emotion though sometimes he cries when no one was around.

                I guess half of his life and soul left him on the day I left.

                “I’ll see you in half an hour. I love you and be safe.”

                Those were the last words I hear on earth. That was the last phone call I had ever made. That wasn’t the last time I heard him say ‘I love you’. Though that was the last time I heard him laugh.

                Be safe… Be safe…. Be safe….

                These words rang and screamed in my mind. He told me to be safe. I told him not to worry and I’ll see him in half an hour time. Now three months later, Yo Seob had yet seen me.

                The day I left shocked the whole nation to the core, leaving every heart trembling with loss. Millions of fans around the world cried and grieved. My friends and family too cried and grieved. Hundreds after hundreds of people came to see me while I lay in this little white box filled with purple lavender that I really liked. Thousands and millions of fans arrived bringing my pictures, flowers, candles and everything I couldn’t imagine.

                All the people I knew and all the people I hardly knew as well as all the people I had never known came. That day was an overwhelming day for me, a day, on an autumn afternoon, the sky cried and cried and cried. I sat at the furthest back and stared at my own, I might add, handsome picture. I watched people cry. My mum cried until she fainted, so did Dong Woon, Hara and others. I guess I wasn’t the only one that felt overwhelmed.

                I had never known that I, a single person, can cause such havoc. Everyone wore black that day. The men wore suits while the ladies wore beautiful black dresses. Black was my favorite color but as I lay in that little white box, I had a white tuxedo on. I looked dashing. I nearly thought I was just sleeping but tears and cries and sobs around me were tangible evidences that I don’t want to believe.

                My dad, who disowned me once made a speech that day. I scoff as soon as he stepped on the stage but I ended up crying when my dad started crying. To the lifeless me, he told me he loves me. He never meant to say all those harsh words to me and just wanted the best for me. I know. I understand that but I was just too young and reckless and wouldn’t let down my pride and apologize. Now, it was just too late. A few others made speeches too while my five members just sat numbly on the second row, behind my family.

                All the way from the back, my eyes could only focus on one figure and only one figure alone. In my eyes, I could only see Yang Yo Seob. I stood up and walked boldly towards the front but no one saw me. Just as I had expected. I kneeled down in front of my mum and touched her wet cheek.

                “Onma, I’m sorry.” I whispered as my own tears fall but it was no use. She couldn’t hear me nor could she feel me touching her. I gently kissed her on the forehead and did the same to all my family members. Then I went and stood in front of my members.

                “Come on! What are you guys crying for?” I said trying to lighten things up but I forgot they couldn’t hear me. Everyone’s eyes were red and swollen. I guess without me, Beast will never be the same again. I hugged each of my brothers tightly. I couldn’t feel the warmth of their body like I used to but it’s alright. I won’t stress that fact. Finally, I reached Yo Seob who sat furthest away.

                A lump formed in my throat as I watched one tear after another fall endlessly down his cheeks. I kneeled down and reached out to touch his hair but I don’t feel a thing. I wanted to wipe his tears away like I always did but nothing happened when I touched his cheeks.

                “Yo Seob ah,” I called out to him my voice trembling but he didn’t hear me. “I’m sorry and I love you. I love you so much.” I cried and cried and cried but no one heard me. Yo Seob couldn’t hear me.

                “….I love you and be safe….”

               

                My name is Yong Jun Hyung. I am a singer. I am part of the world top ten male group idols. I fell in love with our lead vocalist. We went through a hard time to finally be together. We loved each other. So much. So, so much.

               He told me to be safe but I didn’t make it that night. Some drunkards drove their cars right into mine at the junction when my light turned green and theirs turned red. I should have been more careful. I should have been more alert. I shouldn’t have made Yo Seob and others cry. I should have been more careful.

                I remembered how weightless I felt that night when I heard a loud bang. I couldn’t remember myself screaming but I remember the weight of my car roof as well as the other cars that were piled above mine on my chest. They must have weight a lot because my ribs couldn’t withstand it. They cracked and broke and finally crushed my lungs and heart. Well, looking on the bright side, as least my face wasn’t scarred.

                I had always thought that when a person had passed on, they could finally see the almighty God. I thought I was going to heaven and unveil the secrets to life but all I get was a little girl, probably an angel, tapping me on the shoulder. I tore my gaze from Yo Seob and turned to see a little girl standing beside me looking about five or six years old with long brown wavy hair that touched her waist. She was wearing this lovely little purple dress and a pair of white ballet shoes. Her eyes were a shade of cool deep blue. Like the color of the sky on a warm summer afternoon. She looked deeply into my dark eyes and smiled.

                “I can’t take you there now.” She told me pointing to the sky, at heaven, I suppose.

                “Am I going to hell then?” I asked, not really caring.

                “No. Hell is not the place for you. You still have unfinished things that needs to be done here so you can’t leave just yet.” She said, still smiling sweetly and her purple dress waved from non-existent wind. I frowned.

                “Are you kidding me? Of course I have a lot of unfinished things I have yet done!” I got angry and frustraed and so, I yelled at her. “I made my mum, my lover and my friends cry. My lover was supposed to see me in half an hour time. I have a concert coming up and you tell me I have unfinished business?”

                Her lips trembled. Great. I even made an angel cry. She sniffed back her tears then stepped closer to me and tip-toed to kiss my forehead.

                “You will soon understand.” She whispered and disappeared.

                 It was raining endlessly and everyone pulled out their black umbrellas at the graveyard just like in TV. The sky was so dark and so was the quiet atmosphere. Almost all the sound of sobs and cries were drained and muted by the pouring rain hitting everything on the surface of earth. I watched silently as they lowered me inside the little white box into the ground six feet below. At this point, Yo Seob finally lost control. He ran forward into the rain, reaching out his hands to me and tried to stop them from burying me. Everybody gasped and cried as he shouted for them to stop and screamed my name over and over again. I saw my mum turned to my dad and sobbed into his chest while he hugged her tightly in his arms, his own tears falling endlessly at the sight before them. Our close friends, Big Bang, 2 PM, 2 AM, 4 MINUTE, KARA, FT ISLAND, MISS A and so many more started sobbing under their big black umbrellas. Many turned to their friends while their friends hugged them comfortingly while others just stood numbly and watched as their tears fall and fall and fall.

                Our members, our brothers threw their umbrellas aside and grabbed him and pulled him back before he could reach me or fall into the hole in the ground where I was supposed to go.  No one seemed to notice, not even Hyun Seung noticed that they were soaked from head to toe and their suits were covered with dark wet mud as well as their shiny shoes but I guess it doesn’t matter at all as I watched my four brothers battled with my lover under the rain.

                “…I love you and be safe…”

                It wasn’t supposed to be my time yet.

                “Yo Seob ah! I’m here! Right in front of you! I love you! Please don’t cry.” I shouted while he kicked and pulled and pushed and finally sank to the ground crying brokenly into Dong Woon’s chest.

                “Jun Hyung ah,” I heard him whispered over and over again. “I love you.”

                My beloved brothers and lover huddled together on the wet ground. They hugged each other tightly and under the pouring rain, they cried. Under the pouring rain my friends and family cried. Under the pouring rain I cried too as I watched they bury me six feet under the ground.

               “Alright Seobbie.. Don’t worry. Love you too and see you in half an hour.”

              That night, on my way home, I should have been more careful.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alright people.... I know his ... My language isn't as dramatic and fantasy-like like I wanted it to be but I'll try my best to improve in the next chapter...

I hope you all enjoyed this and show me some love if you want by leaving comments. Thank you for reading and look forward to the next chapter!