Solving a math problem.

Solving a math problem

 

This, is a oneshot for Yoseobhasmyheart.
So I received this request like, three/four weeks ago?
And I finished it like five days later, but when I went back to this site to check this request,
it was gone. 
Yeah, so I got confused and etc
BUT. I finished it. :D
So.. Enjoy :D
Really sorry for this lateeee post. ):
___________________________________________________________________
 
 
Solving a math problem
 
Dian walked into the class and wasn't surprised to see the crowd of girls around her crush, Gongchan. She couldn't blame the girls; what's there not to like about him anyway? He's too cute for a girl's senses to ignore. His awkward smiles around the girls never failed to attract anyone, though he didn't seem to know it had that effect. His voice, is one sent from heaven. If that weren't enough to draw girls to him, his brain did it. Or rather his intelligence in math. He never seemed to like science.
 
Dian sighed as she plopped herself on her seat. Baro, seated next to her, cast her a sympathetic look. "Crong problems?" Crong was a codename for Gongchan between both of them. Dian sighed, "Everyday."
 
Baro side-hugged her and leaned in to whisper in her ear,"You need a doctor, you know. Probably a doctor called.. Dr Crong."
 
Dian blushed but lightly whacked Baro as he withdrew back, grinning.
 
"It's impossible.." she lowered her head, playing with her fingers.
 
Gongchan watched the rumoured couple with jealousy. How Baro hugged Dian and placed a lingering kiss by her ear, bringing out one of those blush Baro could always evoke. He wished he could be the one doing that to her.
 
"Oppa~ i'm really bad at math~ teach me please~" a girl clad in a mini skirt and tight blouse cooed to him, lightly tracing his arm with her fingers. He wanted to yell at her and the other girls to leave him alone, but they never listened. And he knew too well what would happen if he gave in to their requests. They'd start seducing him, and it was so disgusting. He liked bubbly and amiable girls anyway, like Dian.
 
The bell rang for their first class and moments later, their math teacher, Ms Joona walked in with a cheerful smile.
 
"Class, please go back to your seats. I have something to tell you all." she announced.
 
The girls around Gongchan reluctantly left him and Ms Joona called, "Gong Chan Shik, and Cho Dian. Please stand up."
 
Dian's mouth formed an 'O' and glanced at Baro. He shrugged and urged Dian to stand up. Dian slowly stood up, casting a glance at Gongchan. He caught it and quickly looked away for some reason. She thought, "He must be still mad at me because of that incident last month.." That incident. When she saw him walking towards her in the canteen and she got so flustered that she knocked into him, spilling the contents of her lunch tray on him- strawberry milk and kimchi fried rice. Her hands went to cover her wide open mouth in shock and hurriedly tried to wipe the food off his sweater. He brushed her off with a growl and snapped at her to get off him. He was distrustful of girls that treated him like a cute toy to seduce or touch. Dian stood up and bowed apologetically, before running away in embarrassment, leaving him in shock and dripping in strawberry milk. He must be angry at her for that.
 
Gongchan stared at Dian as she stood up and suddenly, she caught his gaze and he looked away hurriedly, feeling like a thief caught red-handed.
 
Ms Joona smiled at the pair and announced, "You both are paired up to represent our school for a math competition!"
 
Surprise registered on their faces and they looked at each other now. Dian stammered, "W-why me? My m-math isn't very good.."
 
Ms Joona smiled, "Dian, don't be so humble. You should know that your math attained 3rd in the whole level, just behind Gongchan and Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun wanted to give the opportunity to you as you have never went to any competition before. So, are you up for it?" Dian could only nod, "Yes, Ms Joona. I'll do my best." The teacher nodded approvingly. The class clapped for the pair and they sat down, still a little stunned that both of them were going to work together.
 
Baro was suprised as well but he saw the opportunity this presented to his best friend. He nudged Dian and grinned. "Finally you're going to see the doctor." Dian gave him a glare but Baro dismissed it with a laugh.
 
After school, Dian was about to leave the classroom with Baro when Gongchan hesitantly followed them. "Dian-ah, can i talk to you?" he spoke.
 
At the sound of his voice, Dian froze. Her heartbeat started accelerating and butterflies started to dance in her stomach. She turned around and flashed a nervous smile. "Of course."
 
Baro noticed her nervous expression and patted her shoulder, leaning in to whisper, "Good luck with Dr Crong!"
 
Dian gave him a half-glare and half-blush. Gongchan noticed their interaction and could not help feeling a disappointing twist in his stomach. Baro waved goodbye to both of them and quickly left the hallway. Silence preceded as Dian and Gongchan started to walk together. "Lets go to the math room."Gongchan said, and Dian nodded, a little not daring to look at him. "Is your boyfriend good to you?" he asked as they walked. The question caught Dian by surprise. "Huh? Who?"
 
"Baro. Your boyfriend. Aren't you two a couple?"
 
Dian started to laugh, a soft, twinkling laugh that made Gongchan attracted to her even more.
 
"No, we aren't. We're just best friends. Who told you that?" she managed to say after her bouts of laughter.
 
"Some girls told me about the rumour that you two were a couple." Gongchan said.
 
Dian narrowed at her eyes at that, humour instantly gone. She muttered something incoherent under her breath and just smiled at Gongchan. "Never believe them."
 
Gongchan processed this information and confirmed,"So.. You two really aren't a couple?"
 
Dian smiled at him and entered the room. He followed suit, smiling widely to himself. Now he could woo her.
 
They sat down and Gongchan announced, "I'm going to train you to be a math whizz like me. For starters, let's deal with algebra."
 
Dian hesitantly asked, "Gongchan-ah, are you angry? About that incident?" He stared at her as the flashback came to him. How pissed he was at her rudeness to abandon him in a mess. How he decided to know more information about her. How he stalked her and gradually started to like her. How he got jealous at Dian and Baro harmless bestfriend interactions. How he felt when he heard they were a couple. Now that he has confirmed with Dian herself, he felt relieved and happy.
 
Gongchan smiled. "What incident?"
 
Dian looked at him and smiled back, knowing that he did not want to talk about it and it doesn't matter anymore.
 
"Do you want to know a secret?" he leaned towards her and whispered. Dian widened her eyes at his suddenly nearness and her heart skipped a beat. "W-what is it?" she stammered.
 
He grinned at wrote down a algebra problem on a paper which seemed to magically appear from somewhere. He pushed the paper to her and smiled, "Solve it and you'll know."
 
  9x-7i>3 (3x-7u)
 ________________
  9x-7i>9x-21u
 -9x   -9x  
 ________________
    -7i>-21u
   ÷(-7) ÷(-7)
 ________________
 
 
    
Dian frowned at the paper in concentration as Gongchan watched, mesmerised by her look of concentration. A few seconds passed and she pushed back the paper.
 
 
  9x-7i>3 (3x-7u)
 ________________
  9x-7i>9x-21u
 -9x   -9x  
 ________________
    -7i>-21u
  ÷(-7) ÷(-7)
 ________________
     i <3 u
 
"The answer is i is less than 3u. Come on, let me know your secret now." she said.
 
Gongchan gaped at her and then stared at the paper. Sure enough, she wrote 'i <3u' on the paper, but didn't she know what it means?
 
"Look closely at the answer. What does it tell you?" he hinted.
 
She stared at the answer and the realisation dawned on her. "I-I love you?" she stammered.
 
He grinned and said, "Thought you're never gonna say that to me" before leaning in to kiss her. She was shocked, no doubt, but she accepted the kiss and wrapped her arms around his neck. He cupped her face gently, and after a long moment, he drew back slightly to look into her eyes.
 
"Would you.. Be my girlfriend?" he softly asked. Dian stared into his dark brown eyes and smiled.
 
"Thought you're never gonna say that to me." she said before leaning to kiss him again.