A Perfect Love Song

Writing a Love Song is Hard

                Her smile.

                Her beautiful, sweet, irresistible smile that he could never say no to.

                That was the reason why Jonghyun was sitting in front of the desk in his dorm room, racking his brains for anythingthat would fit well into a song to make his darling girl smile, to make Jessica happy.

                But, nothing came to mind.

                Nothing at all.

                “Argh, this is so stupid!” He yelled, as he practically flipped his desk over, and threw more wadded pieces of paper into the trash bin.

                Jjong knew he loved Jessica. But at the moment, he couldn’t remember any reasons why. The only thought of Jessica that popped into his mind was of her face as she calmly asked (more like ordered) him to complete this impossible task.

                Why should I have to write this song for her anyways?

                Frusturated, Jonghyun stomped out of his room, out of SHINee’s dorm, and drove all the way to his SNSD sunbaes’ dorms, fuming the whole time.

                He barged into the house, and ignoring the members’ startled looks, rushed into Sica’s room. He planes to speak his mind to her.

                She had been in the middle of texting someone, but Jjong didn’t care. He walked up to her and shouted in her face.

                “I can’t do this!” His voice was full of stress. “I just can’t! It’s ridiculous! Are you trying to punish me or something? I don’t think I did anything wrong! Are you making me do this because you don’t think I’m loyal or faithful? I am! I shouldn’t have to prove it through a song! I’m not a song machine, okay? I mean it's--!”

                His ranting was interrupted by a *beep*. Jonghyun paused, took his phone out of his pocket, and saw he had a text.

                From her.

---

                Hey. You know, it was kind of uncaring to ask you to do something so hard. I’ve been thinking, you don’t have to write that song for me if you don’t want to. Just knowing you love me is enough, because I love you, Jonghyun.

                                     - Sica

---

                Jonghyun couldn’t believe the mix of emotions he was feeling at the moment. Relief, mirth, surprise, disappointment, amazement.

                He looked up from his phone and at his girlfriend’s face. Jessica, who was normally very spacy, was staring at Jonghyun intensely, eyes full of worry, concern, hurt, and doubt. Jonghyun’s heart melted, and he began feeling very guilty for yelling at her.

                Then an idea hit him.

                Anger gone, Jjong excitedly grabbed Sica’s shoulders and pulled her in for a deep kiss.

                He loved the way he felt at that moment.

                Pulling away a little while later, he said, “I know what to put in my song now!” and dashed away.

 

                A week later, Jessica got to hear one of the most beautiful songs she had ever heard in her life. It didn’t have a rhythmic tune, or catchy lyrics, but she found it beautiful because her one and only love had wrote it for her, a way to profess his love. Describing the feelings he had when he was with her, when they kissed. Revealing his thoughts about him, her, them. Because it was honest and simple, it was a perfect love song. And Jessica was happy.

 


A/N: Yeesh, this was more painful than I hoped it would be. I'm not completely satisfied with what I've posted here, but for the moment I'll take what I can get out of my overstuffed overworked mind. Sooooo didja guys like my corny, cliche ending? Huh? Didja? :D

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure this could have been much better. We'll see how it goes in my NEXT Jongsica one-shot, also inspired by a song. (Whenever I kind of do the shuffle challenge, the only ones I think that are worth posting are my Jongsica fics. LOL.)

So, moral of the story, KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN FOR ANOTHER JONGSICA ONE-SHOT! XD I'll probably post the forward sometime later this week. (You guys are lucky I'm lowering my grades for you....)

Oh, and thanks to all you subscribers and commenters. I'm talking you xxninJaxxx, shineemimi, XShiori-ChanX, shIn33LuV1v, KisungYouBaby26, Shining4life, adamandminyullover, bubblemilkteaahh, JongSicaFever, Allure, and Enntey! You guys motivated me to finish this!

EDIT: Sorry for the super long author's note, but I forgot to mention: the reason this one-shot took so long was because I was debating whether or not to try and write the actual song Jonghyun would have written for Jessica. As you can see, I did not, because, as the title says, writing a love song is hard.