Part 2

It's Started with A Stupid Letter

I still didn't go to school today. I didn't have courage to face my friends. Even though maybe, I was just being too much, but I was afraid if they still thought me as the culprit and they'd humiliated me.

I lied on my bed lazily while opening some magazines. It's so boring to me to be at home at school time. But, I thought I have no choice. Mom had left to her work. Now I'm all alone in my home.

I went to the kitchen to grab some snack, when I heard door bell rang. I opened it to find Kim Myungsoo was standing arrogantly in front of it. I crossed my arms, trying to hide my nervousness and showed him my annoyed expression, even though actually I'm so happy to see him.

"May I come in?" he asked, since I didn't let him in. I stepped aside to make way for him.

He sat at the sofa, so did I. "Why are you here?"

"I just want to make sure that you're okay. I felt bad since you didn't come to school after the incident."

"Don't worry, I'm okay." Was he worried of me? I felt like I was flying now. He came here just to check me that I'm okay. He's just too sweet. I thought I should rethink again whether I'll forget my feeling to him or not.

"So you're really the one who wrote the letter?" he asked again. Aish... Kim Myungsoo!!! He's still curious about it. Couldn't he just forget it?!!!

“Didn’t I say it yesterday?”

“Yeah, but maybe you change your mind.”

“Do you actually want the writer is me?”

Myungsoo didn’t answer my question. I quickly shut my mouth. Maybe I was too far. What if he laughs at my self confidence?

"No, it's not it. I just think that it might be...you."

"Well, you're wrong. It's not me. I've told you for the thousand times," I insisted.

"Then you should come to school. I don't see that you're sick or something. I see you're as healthy as ever," he nagged. Yes, he was nagging to me. The cold and quiet guy at school, Kim Myungsoo was nagging to me to come to school. It really was weird. Was something wrong with his brain?

I didn't say anything. I was too amazed by his act. "Did you hear me?" he asked again.

"Are you sick?" I asked back.

"What?"

"What's wrong with you? Why can't I absent from school?"

Now, it was his turn to be quiet. I could see he was trying to find the right word to answer me. "I'm going home now," he said and stood up from the sofa and made his way to the outside. I didn't stop him, even though I was so curious why he acted like that.
___________

The next day, I went to school. It looked normal, just like nothing had happened here. Maybe, I was thinking too far on what would happen, when actually, for anyone else, it was nothing. I sighed in relief. Thanks, God. I wished today was my lucky day. I walked to my desk and greeted Chohee. She seemed so busy.

“Hey, do we have homework?”

“A lot. A lot of it. You should come back to school earlier.”

“Really?” I put out my books and copied her works.

I heard some noise outside. It was Myungsoo and his group of friends. They laughed and chatted. He still hadn’t recognized my existence. I tried to ignore him, but I couldn’t help myself to look at him once in a while. Kim Myungsoo, he’s so charming. If only, he… Park ~~~~~, what were you thinking?? I hit my head.

“Are you okay, ~~~~~-ah?” asked Chohee. She looked at me strangely. I just could smile sheeplessly.

I turned back and stole glance at Myungsoo. God, he looked at me…and he smirked! What the- I looked away quickly. I busied myself with writing the homework.
Luckily, the teacher didn’t make it to teach today, but we must still submit the homework. With hard effort, I finished it in time. I gave it to Sunggyu, our class chef. I could see he was hiding a smile when he received my book. I looked at him suspiciously, but then trying to ignore it.

It was lunch time, when suddenly a boy approached me. Really, I never got close to him before, but he came to me with friendly smile as if we had known each other for years. He was Lee Sungyeol, one of Myungsoo’s friends. And the closest one to him, I guessed.

“Are you eating alone?” he asked.

Okay, I knew he wasn’t blind, but what the need of being talking nonsense to me like that? He knew I was sitting alone, was it necessary to ask me that question? But, I nodded anyway.

“Um…actually, I need your help,” he said. What was he trying to say actually? But, I couldn’t be rude to him. Enough of being such a stalker to his friend and I didn’t want to look bad in front of him.

“What kind of help?” So that was my reply.

“Tomorrow is Myungsoo’s birthday. Can you help me on picking the gift?”

What?? Was he kidding me? He asked me to help him choosing a gift for Myungsoo? Oh, wait! Tomorrow was his birthday? I wasn’t sure. Wasn’t it on 31 March? It was 27 December, so how come?

I was going to protest, but then I remembered. Sungyeol and Woohyun were two of crazy pranksters, so I couldn’t be fall for their prank. He looked at me full of hopes. God, I asked it to be a good day for me, but why did You send him to ruin it?

“So sorry, Sungyeol-sshi, I can’t help you. Aren’t you his best friend? You should know what is good for him,” I said trying to be as polite as possible.

“But I thought you know him so well more than me,” he said and smiled slyly.

I lost my patience. “What are you trying to say actually?”

“Didn’t you-.”

“Yah, we are waiting for you, what are you doing here?” It was Myungsoo. He cut off what Sungyeol was trying to say.

“Oh, anni. Where’s the others? Cafeteria, right? I get it. Bye, ~~~~~!” he said then ran away.

Great, now I was left alone with Myungsoo. Was he going to talk to me or just walk away, leaving me alone? I didn’t expect anything.

“Great to see you here again,” he said.

Uh, what did he say? Could it be repeated? “Oh, yeah,” I said simply.

He just nodded and was going to walk away, but I stopped him. “Why was Sungyeol-sshi trying to say before? You cut it off.”

“How can I know?” he looked annoyed. “Just don’t expect he will confess something to you.”

“What?” He was mumbling the last part, so couldn’t hear it clearly, just the words ‘confess’ and ‘you’.

“Nothing. Asked him by yourself! He seems interested to you,” he said and walked away.

“What?” I asked again but he ran, so he didn’t answer me. Of course I didn’t trust his words. Sungyeol didn’t interested in me, but I wished you did.