Final

Unknown Existence

It’s okay if only you are holding me. But you’re not, are you? You walked across the park, breathing in the cold air. Wrapped in a warm puffy jacket and stockings, you were still cold. It wasn’t your skin which was prickling though. It was your whole body.

 

It didn’t seem to matter how many layers you put on – the coldness never seized to stop.

 

You continued walking, your gloved hands stuck in your pockets. Your eyes scanned the frosted park, observing the clusters of young children and scattered amounts of young couples who sat at benches, snuggling to keep warm. You closed your eyes, imagining Kiseop’s arms around you. Imagining his smile and his laugh which could’ve been yours.

 

How you wanted him, how you yearned.

 

To call him yours, to be able to say you were his. How you wanted that. How you wanted a loved one. How you wanted someone to love everything about you. Even just one – it would’ve been okay. Kiseop was perfect for that. He seemed so perfect. He would’ve been the best boyfriend.

 

Kiseop, you had realised long ago, would never fall for someone like you. Someone who wasn’t popular, someone who wasn’t beautiful. Someone who was plain, normal and unloved. Kiseop was popular, and popular guys liked popular girls. It was the way the world seemed to revolve – there was never any space for exceptions. Kiseop couldn’t like a normal girl. You had been kidding yourself if you thought he could love you.

 

It didn’t stop you though. You couldn’t help but fall in love with someone so out of your league. He was someone flawless and beautiful. Someone way out of your reach, yet someone who was so close. People are always about their lost loved ones, but you knew it was harder to get over someone you were never really dating.

 

To get over someone who didn’t even know you existed.

 

(Please comment and tell me how this was! ^^ Criticism accepted! :D)