This Time is Over

When You Walked Away

 

Kai went to my house that day. But my mom was the one who faced him. She told him I wasn’t feeling well and that I didn’t want to see him. Well, I don’t want to see him anymore. He cheated on me. I still couldn’t believe it. It was so hard to believe. I was so into his promises. But all of those promises were lies all these time. I didn’t know if he loved me in the first place. I would hear the telephone ringing for many times every day. My mom would answer it. Then I knew who it was. I’ve got a lot of text messages and phone calls but I didn’t touch my phone even once. I didn’t go out of my room. Mom would bring food to my room but I wouldn’t eat anything. I would just lie on my bed, but in whole 24 hours in a day, maybe I just got three hours of sleeping. But after what I did on the lake, I didn’t cry again.

 

“Sehun.” I noticed my mom went inside my room. I turned my face to her.

 

“Mom.” I said weakly. She was holding a tray with food on it. “Mom, I don’t like to eat.”

 

“But Sehun, you’re not eating anything I give you. Please eat even a little. I insist. I’m worried about your helath.” I bit my lip.

 

“Okay, just leave it at the table.” She placed the tray on the table and sat beside me on my bed. Then she started ruffling my hair.

 

“My daughter, I know it hurts so badly. Before I met your dad, I also experienced heartbreaks. You’ll be hurt for days, for months, maybe a year. But you’ll be eased with it. You’ll find someone better. But I really liked Jongin.” Her voice faded in her last sentence but I heard it.

 

“Mom, stop. I heard that.” I said without expression. A smile formed on her lips. Then she hugged me.

 

“I just want you to be back to normal. I want you to be happy. Enjoy.”

 

“Thanks mom.”

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

The next day, I decided to go to school. Finally. Mom wanted me to be back to normal. I wanted too. I didn’t want to stress myself too much with that. I have to find distractions. Because if I won’t, I’ll die daily. When I passed our gate, I took a glance at the house beside ours. I felt a pinch in my heart. In that house, I slept with my boyfriend. Err, scratch that word. I started walking off. I was just looking at my feet. I regretted doing it when I bumped with a guy. I looked at him. I saw him again. Why do I have to bump with this guy over and over again?

 

“Sehun.” Chanyeol muttered.

 

“I’m so sorry. I’m not looking at my way.” I bowed in shame.

 

“It’s okay.” He flashed me a smile. With that, I was forced to smile too. “You should wear that smile always. You’re beautiful.” I felt my ears got hot but I didn’t blush. Kai was the only one who can do that. Sad but true. “By the way, the girl. You know, the girl you saw with—“

 

“I don’t want to hear those things.” I broke him off.

 

“But don’t you want to know what happened?”

 

“No. what I saw was enough.” I answered. I realized he was walking with me to my school.

 

“Okay. If that’s what you want.” He smiled again. He wasn’t that annoying. Honestly, it wasn’t hard to be close to him. I noticed we were standing infront of the school gated. “I’ll go now, Sehun-ssi.” He waved and walked away. When I entered the classroom, they all seemed surprised to see me. Yura ran towards me. I looked confused.

 

“Thank God you thought of coming to school today.” She held me on my shoulders.

 

“Why?” I asked. What’s going on here?”

 

“Jongin has been bugging me these past two days. He kept on going here, asking me about you. Look, Sehun. You have to talk to him.” I gave her a look.

 

“Yura, even you? What I saw is what I saw.” I was getting annoyed. If this would continue, I might throw random things.

 

“Just try to hear his explanation.”

 

“Enough. Yura, this is enough. I don’t want to add you on my annoying list.” She sighed and sat on her seat. I thought I would be fine. But I was just acting to be okay. Compared to the day when he went to the SM building, I grew more crazy today. I didn’t listen to any of the lessons completely. I was burning inside me. But I didn’t show it to them. After dismissal, I walked straight to home. I don’t want to see him. But when I was going close to our gate, I saw a guy standing against it. It was Kai. I turned to my back and walked off to avoid him. But he was faster. He caught me.

 

“Sehun, listen to me.” I looked at him. He looked so tired. I would be a liar if I say I didn’t care for him even just a bit. But my feeling of anger overpowered it.

 

“I don’t need your explanations.” I said coldly as I tried to let go of his grip. But he didn’t let me. He became stronger.

 

“Sehun, it’s not what happened what you’re thinking it is.”

 

“What? What happened? Are you trying to tell me nothing happened that night? Come on, you’re lying with a girl, you’re even shirtless. Men have urges. You said that.” I was trying to be calm.

 

“That girl is—“ I didn’t let him finish.

 

“Yes, that girl. She’s better than me right? Because she can do what you want. She can fulfill your urges, your needs—“

 

“Do you really think I’m that kind of guy?” his expressions changed. It was so unpredictable.

 

“Kai, I won’t mind your dream anymore. Do what you want. We just have to finish this now. We’re over.” I didn’t look at him. I can’t. He loosed his grip so I took the chance to open the gate and walked inside. Then I felt tears running down my cheeks.