Rainbow

A Day at the Carnival

“Win this for me please!"

 

Luhan pulled at Kai’s shirt, pointing at the ginormous panda stuffed animal hanging from the side of one of the stands.  Kai looked at the panda and laughed, Luhan’s eyes as big and brown as the panda’s.  


“Sure,” he said, ruffling Luhan’s hair, “I’ll win it for you.”


Luhan jumped in excitement and yanked Kai toward the game front.  Kai examined the game; 10 bottles, 3 balls.


Seems easy enough.


Kai took out some money and gave it to the vendor, taking a ball in his hand and aiming.  He closed one eye, biting his tongue in concentration while lining up the ball with the center of the bottle pyramid.  He stood back and wound up his arm, bringing it back before launching it forward toward the bottles.  


Dammit.


Four bottles down, six to go, with two balls left.  He took one and repeated the process, this time aiming at the remaining six.  He inhaled deeply, closed his eyes and prayed to whatever was up there that he wouldn’t make a fool out of himself in front of his boyfriend.  He opened his eyes and took one final breath, pulled back and bam.


“Looks like we have a winner,” the vendor said, his mustache slightly muffling him as he spoke.  


“Thank you thank you thank you than-”


“Luhan,” Kai said, swinging their intertwined hands back and forth between them as they continued past the rows and rows of carnival games, “you’ve been saying that for the past twenty minutes!  I told you it’s no big deal!”


“But I just want you to know that I appreciate it,” Luhan said, snuggling his face into the panda’s softness.


His eyes turned into crescents, disappearing behind his cute cheeks that were dusted pink.  Kai laughed and ruffled Luhan’s hair with his free hand, heart melting at Luhan’s pure innocence.  After passing by a small ice cream stand to buy some cones, Luhan spots something in the distance.


“We have to go there!”


He practically dragged Kai across the entire carnival, barely avoiding the small children who were holding hands with their mothers, until they arrived at the entrance to the ride.  Standing so close to the wheel was menacing, considering it completely towered over them.  The carts stopped every so often as it turned around on the Farris Wheel, giving those who were inside a chance to take in the view.


Kai paid the worker before they entered a cart, sitting next to each other to face the window.  They began moving upward, their view shifting from the brick of the wall in front of the ride to the rainbow of colors made from the tops of the carnival stands.  Luhan’s head fit perfectly into the crook of Kai’s neck, a comfortable silence falling over them as they watched the sun hide behind the horizon, the sky turning a hazy shade of orange and purple.  The way the light fell on Luhan’s face made his skin glow heavenly like the angel he was.  The thought made Kai chuckle to himself, his fingers running through Luhan’s silky strands of honey colored hair.  


The rest of the city came into view, streets lined with apartment buildings and skyscrapers while ant sized cars zipped by.  The streetlights began to glow as the sun finally disappeared; the buildings looking as if they were covered in Christmas lights.


Kai thought about how many people he’s liked before, had crushes on and squealed over like a fangirl.  He thought about how many times he craned his neck to look over the crowd to search for people that would catch his eye; “potential lovers” he would always tell his friends.  He thought about how many times he cried over his broken heart, swearing to himself he would “never love again.”  All the times he told himself  he had found his perfect match, caught in heated relationships starting with makeout sessions and ending with his heart being torn apart.


But as he sat in silence; the sweet smell of Luhan’s hair filling his nose, fingers intertwined with his, accompanied only by the sound of their breathing, he knew.



Luhan was the one.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N
HERE'S A ONESHOT BEFORE I DISAPPEAR FOR A FEW DAYS
I know it's short and crappy but I literally just wrote it..
I hope you enjoyed it ^^

SEE YOU WHEN I COME BACK FROM KOREA!!