The Start and End

Fate and Faith

 

It has been a month since ______ had been acting strangely maybe it’s because of the news her doctor gave her……….

Her life won’t last long….. a span of two moth to be exact………….

________ is too young to experience this……

And now she’s down with one week left ……….

I know how she feels….. it hurts to lose someone who who’s heart seems to be one with yours…….

All I want is to see her happy again…. I want to see another smile on her lips….. not the one she gave me this past days…… I want to see a brighter one……a warm smile….. just to make sure me believe that she’s ok….. that she’s not in pain…..

Even if I already know the truth…….. I would rather lie to myself……. I would rather think that she’ll live forever that she’ll be staying with me…… that we’ll continue to live peacefully and happily…………

I hate this feeling………I hate to know that she’s going to leave me forever…..that behind this cloud of happiness is a dark storm……….

All I want is too see her beside me every morning when she wakes me up……..grow old beside her until we’ll both forget everything even our names but not who each other is to the both of us……….. I have nothing more to wish for……..but to see her each and every day………..

I want to light some hope….. but I can’t seem to fight this feeling…….. I can’t fight the longing I’m feeling in me……… I love her……. I love her more than myself or any other person I know……….

Oh…… if only I could exchange places with her………..i don’t want to see her like this….. I don’t want to see her sad…..i don’t want to see her tears running down her rosy cheeks……I don’t want her to go…..

I’d rather experience this than see the love of my life suffer, knowing that she’ll be leaving soon…….

 

I watched _______ as she sat outside the balcony watching the birds fly across the clear blue sky as she adjusted her blanket that was placed on her shoulder….her rosy cheeks now painted with the palest shade of white…her eyes shone as she turned towards my direction…..

“Oppa!!!!!!!!...I was waiting for you the whole morning….” She said with a weak smile…

I slowly made my way to the balcony trapping her into my arms…

“Sorry….. I went out to check on something…”

I pulled a stool and sat on it, facing _______ who was looking onto the sky…..

“Today seems to be really bright…….” She smiled as she turned to face me….

“It is a beautiful day indeed jagiya…… but it’ll be more beautiful if you’ll give oppa a kiss”

She lightly laughed before hitting my shoulder…

“Your such a kid……… come here” so I moved closer…

Placing a short but sweet kiss on my lips she gave me another smile…

“You’re more energetic today than yesterday ….. I think that’s a good thing” i said before messing up her hair with my left hand…

“Oh… sorry” I chuckled before fixing her hair as she pouted….

“ummm…… I think it’s because of the soup you fed me last night…… and, I forgot to say thank you for taking care of me yesterday…..”

I can see that there’s something in her eyes today… something different…… and if you’ll look at her…… she’s looks better than the past days…… she look more a live……

“oppa…… you have thick black lines under your eyes” she pointed…

“Really???”

“Yeah……. You stayed up the whole night again????? And I know it’s because of me again…”

“ani.ani….. I wanted to stay up so I can keep an eye on you….. It’s my intention so don’t worry….”

I nodded and smiled hoping that she’ll accept my alibi…. But all she did was frown as she hit my head….

“pabo!!.... if you’ll continue doing this you’ll die after me.”

My eyes started to tear……. How could she accept that that fast…. How could she say that that easy…..i don’t want her to leave…..because I know…. Dying……. Means leaving forever………she’ll never comeback,…

“Yah!! LEE TAEMIN!!! Why are you crying???” her hands made their way to raise my chin up…

Her eyes met mine once again….. but this time her eyes weren’t teary…. But mine was…..this time she’s more confident…… this time she accepted everything…… but me????? Me?????.... I think I’ll never do….

My arms automatically gathered her into a hug while my heart cried aloud with my eyes…

“______-ah….. Please don’t do this….. Don’t give me this feeling….. I don’t want you to leave….I want you to stay with me….. I promise…. I’ll take good care of you…… you’ll be the first one to be listed on every list I have….. You’re the only one I’ll adore and love…… please…….please stay”

The words seem to be stuck deep inside my throat since I was sobbing…. Her arms lifted and gently landed onto my head…

“Tae…..we can’t fight against fate…. I already accepted the fact that I won’t be staying here for long…..as for you….. You should also accept the fact that I don’t deserve you….. You deserve someone better……and please, do know that it’s not me….” She slowly and clearly emphasized each word that went out from her lips….

“I love you………… and i do believe that you’re not going to die….I do believe that you’re going to live a longer life…..”

“Oppa……. I’m sorry… but…. I don’t have the right to confirm that….. maybe…. Just maybe I might live….. but incorporated with that prediction is the chance that I’ll not see the sunlight tomorrow.. but please, when that day comes I want you to live normally… forget about me if you have to….please..”

My mouth ran out of words to say, but my arms pulled her closer knowing that if I’ll let her go…. She’ll never be back……she’ll be gone forever…..

“I want you to stay..” I whispered…

I felt her sigh as she gently pushed me away her hand cupping my face…

“Stubborn aren’t we??” she chuckled….

And now that I was looking at her…… she gave a warm smile…..the smile I was waiting for…. A bright and warm one……..and now…. I could confidently say that she’s going to be with me….. forever……I can sense it….. I can feel it……

“You’re still a big baby” she laughed as she wiped my teary eye with her hands….

“It’s because you’re spoiling this boyfriend of yours too much….” I chuckled….

She briefly stopped wiping my face as she looked at me…

“oppa…..” she sighed…

“Can we go out today????.... i’m sick and tired of this place…. I want to take a rest from seeing this same room…. I want to look around even just for an hour or two…. Please..” she begged…

As usual…. I have a very soft heart when it comes to her…… so I said yes…

“But….. We’ll only be staying out for an hour…… you’ll be worn out if well stay out for a long time…”

“Thanks….. You’re the best…” she happily said…

So we went out for a walk….. Walking hand in hand as we both treasured the moment…….

I know this won’t be the last….. I know…..I just know…

But as she have said….. fate can’t be beaten…. It’s unpredictable….. it can’t be changed…. Nor switched….oh…. if only I could….. if only I could change it….I’ll do everything……………..yet….it’s impossible it’s like making ice by directly pouring water into fire………..it’s impossible……

______-ah I love you……I can’t let you go…..

I want you to know that I’ll to everything so you’ll be able to live a longer life……. I’ll do everything….I’ll pass through everything….I’ll fight against everything that’ll stop me on the way…………….

“Can we please sit down for a moment????I’m tired… I want to rest…” she whined…

I laughed at her as we both sat on the cold grass….. it’s now dark…..the stars seem to shine brighter tonight…they look beautiful…but its more beautiful than it seems to be for others since I’m with my favorite girl…….

“You said well be staying out for just an hour…. How come were still here…..it’s already 7pm…we went out at 3…”

Her head turned towards my direction giving me a questioning look as I laughed…

“You seem to be strong enough so I decided to extend the time…”I lied…. Actually I just had this feeling that we should stay out for an hour or more……..

“You’re really a pabo…” she teased..

“pfffffffffffft……. I don’t care whatever you call me ‘cause I know that I’m your one and only oppa…and not just your oppa i know I’m your favorite….”

She nudged my shoulder and laughed….

“So maybe we can go back to the car now?” I asked her…..

She agreed so we made our way back to my car before driving off….

While we were on our way home this certain feeling burned even more……so I slowly reached for  _____’s hand that was rested on her lap, giving it a light squeeze she turned to look at me with a smile…

 

“love you” I whispered..

“love you more….”she replied…

At the very same moment a sharp light hit my face……. I turned to look at it but it was too late……everything was blurry…… my chest was heavy……my head hit this certain hard surface……and my sight found _____ who was lying on the same ground with her eyes looking at me…a smile painted onto her lips…….I unknowingly smiled back at her………and that was when I noticed…………….she was covered with blood……metal pieces were everywhere………………………………..

And my sight went blank……………………………………………………………………………………...................

Yes death might limit love……….yet…….true love can never be stopped from blooming into a beautiful flower……