My amazing oppa

My amazing oppa

 

"I'm sending a person off to Seoul again." I mumbled as put on my coat and left home for the airport. It isn't that a nice house to stay in where my parents are out of town most of the time and my oppa being a mysterious person always contacting me in different numbers and at weird timings. 

 

My oppa is my idol. Before he left for Seoul to chase his dream, he was my boyfriend, my best friend and my parents. He took care of me a lot and ensure that I was always in safe hands. He helped me in my studies and never failed to attend any of my graduation ceremonies until one day when he decided to leave our hometown for Seoul. 

 

We aren't very rich, a little above average I would say. But our parents refuse to move into a noisy and busy city like Seoul and as I grew up, I really enjoy the peacefulness that our town has and I wondered how I would feel when I have to leave the peaceful hometown and to a busy city. 

 

I worked hard everyday since I was in elementary school. My parents said, If I'm able to get into a good university like Seoul University, they would let me go to Seoul. I grinned happily and told them, "Not only will I go to Seoul University, but I will also go to Seoul University with a full scholarship." Most of the children in this world would want to make their parents proud and that includes me. Whenever I ran into a trouble I would cry myself to bed, but them I would wake up the next day trying even harder making my wish come true. 

 

My eyes stared widely at the calendar as the calendar shouted "D-Day" in my face.  I was nervous but I tried to be confident of myself and get ready for the day I was waiting for. 

 

***

 

"Welcome to Strong Heart!" The MC cheered as the recording began. It was their fourth recording for the day. They were all tired, but there was a need to put a smile on their faces for the sake of their fans who are cheering them on all the time. It is time, he thought to himself as he heard the cheers of the fans. He smiled to himself and followed the lead of the leader. "Annyeonghasaeyo, SHINee imnida." The greeted brightly to all the viewers especially their fans. 

 

The recording started smoothly and everyone was chatting in joy. It was till the one to one debate where things got serious and people start to open their heart sharing their true life story. On his board he wrote there "10 years". He was ready, he was ready to open up to something that he has never shared on a television show but he felt like it was time to do it. "And now, let's put our hands together for Lee Tae Min!" The MC shouted as the crowd clapped in joy. "10 years? That is a long time, but what does it actually mean?" The MC asked him. 

 

"10 years didn't seem that long if I think back now. But if you were to wait for 10 years, it will be torturous and being away for 10 years with little or no contact to a person that treated you like you were her whole world would be crying out in pain." Taemin said trying to smile to the audience and into the camera. "Is it a your first love or your girlfriend?" The MC asked curiously as everyone suddenly turned their heads and looked at him. "Ah. Aniya!" He denied quickly, "But is more than that." He explained, "She is my sister." 

 

"My parents is away most of the time and the both of us can only depend on each other. My sister lost her pillar of strength when I told my family I'm going to Seoul to become a singer. When we were young, we did everything together. I didn't want her to feel lonely like how I felt during those years before my sister came to Earth and when I had no one to spend my time with. I felt guilty when I left her there and went to Seoul on my own to chase my own dream." He paused for a moment as the past floated in his memory. "And did you talked to her at all?" The MC asked.

 

"Taemin never invited his family members to any recording or concert." Key said. "He rarely called his family either. Even if he did, he just sent them a text and he always use other people's phone. It was weird." Jonghyun said. "There was once where we were in New York, he knocked on my door one night. I was about to go to bed and was feeling rather annoyed with the visitor. I didn't want to open the door but the person knocked again. And I thought to myself, 'ah, it must be something important.' I put on my robe and went to open the door. Taemin had a sad face and I was worried for him because it seems like it's something serious. I asked him what he wanted and he said he wanted to borrow my phone. I thought he lost his phone again so I passed him my phone. He came into my room and sat on my bed then he fished out his phone from his pocket and started searching for a number. I thought he was trying to save money to use my phone to text instead of using his own phone. After thinking about that for a minute, he handed me my phone back and thanked me. I got really annoyed all of a sudden because my mind was in peace and was ready to go to bed when Taemin knocked on the door and borrowed my phone to text someone when his phone was working well. So I told him off that he shouldn't make use of me like this. He then fished out one thousand won and gave it to me. He said goodnight and then he left. I went into my sent box and saw the message he sent, "I wished you were with me." 

 

"That's all that he said?" The MC asked. Onew nodded his head. "Did the person reply?" The MC asked again. "Nope. there wasn't a single reply." Onew said. "She never replied us." Minho told the MC. "I bet Taemin's sister is as pretty as he is." The MC said. "We have some childhood photos to show." Lee Teuk suddenly said as he stood up from his seat and brought a few of these board like stuffs beside Taemin. "Whoa," The crowd replied as the looked at the photos that were displayed in front of them. "She is very pretty." The MC said. Taemin wiped the tears of his face as he recalled those moments that the photos were taken. "Do you miss your sister Taemin ah?" The MC asked. "Deh. I really missed her a lot." He said trying to hold back his tears. "Taemin's hometown is Jeju Island right?" The MC asked. "Deh." Key said as the rest of the members nodded in acknowledgement. "So our plane went to pick her up." The MC said. Taemin was shocked when he heard that sentence, "It can't be." 

 

A girl in a pretty dress and a pair of white heels with light makeup on her face started walking slowly out from the dark and towards the stage. Taemin stood up from his seat slowly and smiled widely when he saw his sister walking towards him. The siblings enveloped each other in a hug as the crowd cheered and screamed for them. After about 10minutes, when things settled down, the MC announced that Taemin's sister had something prepared for him. The lights dimmed and a video started playing. It was pictures of them playing together as they grew up and  then it turned to pictures of Taemin taken by reporters and fans. Taemin couldn't hold back his tears as his tears fell down his cheeks. You smiled weakly as you helped Taemin wiped those tears away. When the video stopped and the lights came back on you were asked to introduce yourself. 

 

"Annyeonghasaeyo, you imnida. I am 18 this year and I just finished high school." You greeted and bowed nicely to the audience. "How do you feel right now?" The MC asked her. "I feel… out of place. I don't know if I should be here." You said. "It's been awhile that I've seen oppa and meeting him after 10 years at such a public place, it seems wrong." You explained to the MC. "Do you know about SHINee?" He asked her. "Deh. The news and fancafes were the only place where I got to know about my oppa." You told the audience. "Why didn't you come up to Seoul to look for him?" The MC prompted you. "I couldn't because my parents said that I can't. Were you sad that your oppa didn't invite you to any of his concerts and he didn't mention your family whenever SHINee won something?" The MC asked. "I was contemplating between oppa being embarrassed of his family and wanting to protect his family. But my parents cruelly told me that I was the one that chased oppa away." You said forcing a smile of your face. 

 

"Aniya. After I left I was guilty and I didn't know how to face them. But there was once when we were in Jeju performing where I saw her. Taemin said. "And you didn't greet her?" The MC asked. "There were too many fans. I was afraid if I called out to her everyone will treat her badly and I was afraid that the sasang fans would not let her off. It was hard for her to live alone and I don't want a mistake like that to disturb her life." Taemin said as he held his sister's hand tightly. "What do you think?" The MC asked you. "While oppa was in Seoul I was studying very hard. My parents said that If I got into a good university like Seoul University they would let me come to Seoul. It was hard when I always had to send my friends off to the airport because they were going to study and when I am at the airport I would be tempted to buy a ticket and go to Seoul to look for oppa. But I held on." You said. "And why did you call us and tell us that you want to come to Strong Heart today?" The MC asked. "Because I need to tell my oppa something and I don't know how else I can look for him." You said as he held some stuffs in your hand. 

 

"After working hard for 10 years, and I finally was able to buy a ticket to fly to Seoul. I didn't know where oppa stayed or what his number was so I wasn't able to contact him. One day I came across SHINee's schedule on the fancafe and found out that oppa was going to be here so I went to look for the PD and begged him to let me come on the show. I think many people imposed celebrities' relatives because i had a hard time convincing them I was Taemin's dongsaeng." You grinned slightly. "So what do you want to tell your oppa?" The MC asked. 

 

"Oppa, the past 10 years was hard for me but it was harder for you. Thanks for being such an amazing oppa that made the family proud. I was really mad at you at the start for leaving me, but I slowly got over it and I really supported you these past 10 years. Umma said if I got into Seoul University I would then be able to come up to Seoul so I really studied hard. Your weird messages at odd hours did give me strength to fight on until today. Not only did I get into Seoul University, but I got into Seoul University with full scholarship and I skipped one year of university. On top of that, I went to SM Entertainment to apply for a job." You said as you pause for a moment. Taemin was shocked as he turned to look at you. "And I got a job of being your stylist." You smiled weakly hoping not to get any scolding. But instead, Taemin pulled you into his arms thanking you profusely.  

 

"Now on strong heart we managed to get two siblings back together after 10 years, shouldn't you take a picture and mark this memorable moment?" They took a couple of pictures with genuine smile on their face touching the audience, the other celebrities and definitely the viewers. "you Saranghamnida." Taemin said. "Nado," You mumbled.