Chapter 28

The DJ Is Mine

Just an hour left now. I pull the outfit I’ve selected from the closet. A black skirt with my favorite boots, and a patterned top with a studded jacket. I figure the boots might let me be heard more, since Jaebeom oppa said “anybody can hear an angry Chae Rin” in high-heeled boots. (Yeah…So what if I’m not stomping up the stairs?? I’ll still be fierce!) Next I make sure to put on some really nice makeup so that I’ll be seen well under the harsh lighting. Cat eyed eyeliner, bright eyeshadow, and my favorite lip gloss. I drive to neon, and I can feel the adrenaline rushing through my veins, taking my nerves and making them into a source of energy; power I can use. I enter the club (early of course), and G-Dragon points me to a dressing room. Nice. I can tell this must be a big deal because I don’t think they normally do this. I mean, I’ve never heard of them doing this before. But then again, this is their first ever tie, so, other things are bound to be happening for the first time. I set my purse on the table, check my makeup, and head outside to see how things are going. I see the DJ, and my heart races. He bows and asks me how I’m doing. I stutter out, “G-good, s-sunbaenim. I feel ready to compete.” Gah, Chae Rin! What happened to the strong image you told yourself you were going to project?! He eyes the water bottle in my hand and looks over my outfit and says, “You definitely seem prepared. Good luck.” Oh my gosh! Does he…approve? That’s it. I have to beat Kim Yubin. Then I’ll have this gorgeous man all to myself.