Audition

Wait....What Did You Just Say?!?

 

[Bisola’s POV]

 

We cautiously walked through the front door towards the reception desk. There was an Asian woman who seemed to be in her late twenties, typing away at her computer.

 

“Umm… excuse me?” I softly asked.

 

She looked up with an annoyed look, which quickly changed into a curious one.

 

“Yes… uhh how may I help you two?” she replied.

 

“Well it’s just me. I’m here to audition,” I said.

 

“Audition? Hmm… really?” she trailed off.

 

Why does she have to say it like that?

 

“Audition? Hmm… really?”

 

Yes… what else a person my age would do here besides audition? =.=

 

“Yes, to audition. Are there any papers I need to fill out in order to audition?” I asked with a slight edge in my voice.

 

“Yeah here you go,” she said while handing me the paper.

 

“You can head to the small room and fill out the forms there. Once you turn in your form, you will receive a number and go into the audition room with your group … Good luck… you’re gonna need it,” she continued.

 

Is she trying to psych me out even more than I am?

 

“Thank you,” I replied.

 

“I’ll wait for you here… fighting,” Dominique whispered.

 

“Hahhaa, thanks. Fighting!” I replied.

 

I walked into a long corridor and walked into a small room with about eleven people. I noticed that all of them except one were Asian. They looked up at me with surprised and curious looks on their faces.

 

Is it really that rare for an African American person to audition for SM?

 

I quickly sat down and pulled out a pen to fill out the papers.

 

The non-Asian girl next to me, with a short bob hair cut with tan skin, turned to me and began to talk.

 

“Is this your first time? I haven’t seen you around here before?”

 

“Yeah it is, is it this your first time?” I asked.

 

“No it isn’t. My third… hahah I hope you make it though,” she replied.

 

“Really? Why?” I questioned with an raised eyebrow.

 

“It would be cool, you know, for SM to have diversity and bring people around the world to record and perform Korean Pop. Isn’t that the point? For everyone to enjoy and appreciate K-pop? It would be nice for some of color to be part of the kpop scene, like Michelle Lee,” she answered.

 

Wow…she has a point

 

“I know you would never tell but I’m half African American and European,” she continued.

 

“Really?! But you look -,”

 

“White? I know…it’s the genes… the name’s Lauren, yours?”

 

“Bisola.” I replied.

 

“That’s a pretty name… so what are you going to do?”

 

“Well I was going to dance and maybe sing a little. I do have a song in mind. You? ” I replied.

 

“I don’t dance much, so I’m a singer… I didn’t pick the right songs to match my voice and I was playing it safe, so they denied me,” Lauren said with a frown.

 

“So what song did you pick now?”

 

“Hurt by Christina Aguilera,” she replied.

 

“That’s a really good song,” I said.

 

“Yeah, it is. I can relate to it, so hopefully my emotions will show.”

 

Just then, a person came in through the door with number signs in their hands.

 

“Everyone please take a number and get in order. The first six will go into the audition room. After they are done, we will signal the rest to go in. Good Luck everyone,” the man said and put the number signs on the table and walked out.

 

I picked up the number twelve while Lauren picked up the number eleven. Both of us sat down while the first six people left the room. My heart began to beat really fast.

 

After they go, it’ll be our turn….. I can do this… I want this. No matter what I’ll give it my all and hopefully Lauren will make it too.

 


 

A/N

 

(LOL)

 

What what, I updated on time.. GO me!

Hopes you like the chapter... comment .. share this story... subscribe...

 

This song has been stuck in my head for the past two days... thier voices.. well his voice mostly *A*