Reunion (oneshot - Korean Version)

Reunion (oneshot - English vs Korean Version)
Please log in to read the full chapter

OK everyone, first of all I'm not a native speaker, so the possibility I made mistakes exists (it always does, though). If you find one, please don't hesitate to point it out. Secondly, please note that the Korean in this oneshot is colloquial language, therefore not the clean language you find in textbooks or whatever you use to learn Korean with.

Thirdly thank you for reading and I'm happy for every bit of feedback (do you want more bilingual stories, does the idea , does it help you learn Korean, should the text be easier, etc). Write me anything you want to say! Thank you :)

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excited voices, the scent of tasty food and warm lights greeted her as she opened the door. The hall was already full of people her age sitting at several round tables throughout the room or standing in little groups while chatting happily. As she stepped inside, heads were turned and the girl felt dozens of gazes glued to herself. Although she was used to such situations, she felt her cheeks heating up a little. The friendly waiter at the entrance offered her a glass of orange juice, which she received gratefully. Before she could get into the awkward situation of standing around all alone in a hall full of people, someone called her name.

“지연이?”

She looked in the direction of the voice. A girl dressed in a black pantsuit was approaching her. She had short, straight black hair and was smiling widely.

“박지연 맞죠? 날 기억해?”

Seeing the blank expression on Jiyeon's face she said: “나야, 정나름. 교실에서 항상 니 옆자리에 앉아있었어, 기억해?”

“아, 나름이! 네, 물론 기억해.” Jiyeon returned Nareum's smile. “오랜만이야, 못알아봤어.”

“그럼 그렇지, 서로 마지막으로 초등학교의졸업식에서 봤으니까”, the girl replied.

“많이 변했는데, 정말 예뻐졌어.”, Jiyeon complimented her.

“고마워”, Nareum giggled, “근데 그게 누구에게 말한야! 너같은 유명한 스타가 우리 동창회에 왔으니까, 많은 외부사람들이 모았나봐... 남자들이란말이야.”

The black-haired girl giggled again but Jiyeon could just laugh awkwardly.

 

One hour later, she had been updated by Nareum on all her former classmates. While tasting the food from the buffet (they were sitting at a table close to it), Nareum had pointed out all their former classmates including the information she had gathered on them so far. Which turned out to be mostly information about the male alumni, though.

“그러니까 대체로, 여기 제일 멋있는 남자가 저쪽의금발 이라고?”, Jiyeon asked after Nareum had finished.

“그래”, she confirmed. “임재범. JYP의연습생이래.”

“으음....”

Jiyeon had shaken hands, taken pictures or given her signature to nearly all of the people present during that one hour. It had felt more like a fan-meeting than a class reunion for her.

“걔랑 악수 하는 기억이 없는데. 여기 안왔죠?”

“안왔어. 봐봐, 그 많은 여자들에 둘러싸여있다. 아마 네가 여기 있는것조차 모를걸.”

Jiyeon stifled a laugh at her friend's remark. Although some of her former classmates wanted to know about her life as a celebrity, Nareum didn't seem to mind it at all.

“나름아, 내 계획사에서 연애금지령이야. 그래서 네가 갖어.”

“어머, 진짜?!”

Jiyeon nodded eagerly, seeing her friend's happy expression, then she said:

“그 남잘 어쨌든 잘 기억안해...”

“그래? 뒤에 앉아있었고, 숙제는 항상 손에 썼어.”

“우아, 그런거 아직도 기억해!? 대단한 기억력이네.”

“하하, 솔직히 아까 네가 오기전에 어떤 여자들이 얘기하는게 들었었거든.”

The two laughed, then Jiyeon made a serious face.

“근데 어떻게 하면 됄까...? 문제는 주변에 있는 많은 여자들이.”

“네가 저기 간다면, 아마 다들 한순간에 사라질걸.”

“굿 아이디어, 그땐 네가 우연히 부딪히고, 너의음료를 완전히 쏟아붓고.”

“아냐, 그렇다면 옷이 망쳐버릴꺼야, 엄청 비싼 것같은데.”

“알았어, 쏟아붓는게 취소. 그냥 부딪히고...”

“그리고...?”

“그게 다야.”

“뭐, 그것뿐 이란말야?”

“그럼. 남어지는게 네 능력뿐.”

“좋아, 해보자. 근데 왜 부딪혀야돼?”

“왜 안돼?

Please log in to read the full chapter