2- the upper world

The Little Mermaid

Donghae’s grandmother likes to tell stories. Donghae grows with it. His grandmother told him a lot about the sea and the land. What Donghae loves the most is her stories about non-sea creature called people and animal, and where they live on.

His grandmother told him about how is land looks like. That the land is divided into many cities and each one is different in everyway. That up on land the flower are scented, of course in his living world the flowers are beautiful but they have no aroma. That up on land he will be able to feel the air passing by him and blowing his chocolate-colored hair. He wonder how the fish between the trees can sing so loud and delightful. His grandmother intentionally call the birds ‘fish’ otherwise Donghae won’t  understand as he never see one. Donghae always take a note from every story, he will remember the most attractive thing for his sense, that someday maybe he will experience it himself.

Donghae really wants to go up there. He always asks to his grandmother, although he already know the answer.

When you get fifteen, you will be permitted to swim up to the surface,” his grandmother would patiently explain, “you will be allowed to sit on the rock under the moonlight, watching sailing ships and beautiful twinklingstars.

Donghae, as he grows up, really can’t wait to turn fifteen. Almost everynight he imagine what is the sky looks like. Will he breath the air freely. He smile to himself  while thinking about the upper world. He pray to his God so that his fifteen will came faster.

This year, one of his brother will turn fifteen. While the other, each was born a year older than the next, has to wait their turn. Since Donghae is the youngest, he still has five whole years to wait until his chance to see the unknown world in his grandmother’s stories. Fortunately, his siblings promise to tell him everything they see on their first day.

 

 

==================================================

note:

BIG thank youu ! for subscribing, reading, commenting, viewing :DD

im waiting for comments and critics :*

THANKSOO