FT Island, Tumblr and Fanfiction

FT Island, Tumblr and Fanfiction

 

Hongki flipped through the channels from their Samsung TV while comfortably lying on the sofa. “Arrghh.. This is so boooorrrriiinnngggg,” he said as he found nothing interesting to watch. He threw the remote on the coffee table and sat up. He looked at Jonghun who was strumming random chords on his favorite guitar. “Aissshh!!! So boring!!!” he cried out.

“Yes. Hyung, you’ve said that a thousand times already,” Jonghun said without looking at Hongki. They are the only ones in the dorm since Minhwan, Seunghyun and Jaejin are busy with school stuff.

“But this day is really boring!! There’s nothing to do!!!” Hongki whined like a baby.

“Why not tweet the fans and ask them what to do?” Jonghun answered.

“I’m too lazy to read all their mentions… And besides, I bet they’ll just ask me to marry everyone of them. Those fools… “

Jonghun chuckled with his hyung’s confidence. He stopped playing and put his guitar on the guitar stand. “You know what, I really wonder how the fans think… About our music… About us.” Jonghun said, staring blankly on the side of the room where they put all the gifts fans got them.

“What do you mean?” Hongki asked.

“Well, I’ve heard of this site called Tumblr.com. They said that it’s like a haven for a lot of fandoms. It’s like a blog where you can interact with each other. I wonder if there are Primadonnas there. Wanna go check it out?”

“I guess it’s alright since we don’t have anything else to do.”

The two stood up from their seats and went to the computer. Hongki booted up the computer as he hummed the melody of their song, ‘Primadonna.’ Jonghun sat beside him. He had this awkward expression on his face, you can’t tell if he is just nervous or excited about what they’re gonna do. He noticed the SHINee mousepad on the computer table and yelled at Hongki, “Ya! When are you going to change this SHINee mousepad of yours?! You’ve been using it since god knows when!”

“Hey! That’s not mine! Manager-hyung is the one who bought that! And why are you using such informal language to your hyung?!? Remember I’m 5 days older than you!” Hongki yelled back.

“MianhaeYO HYUNG,” Jonghun apologized, stressing out ‘yo’ and ‘hyung.’ “Besides, don’t we have our own mousepads? Don’t they sell FT mousepads on our online store? Anyways, just open Tumblr.com already. Ppali”

“How do you spell it?” Hongki asked, having a hard time finding the site, “tumbler? Tombler?”

“If I remembered it correctly, it’s T-U-M-B-L-R.com.”

The page loaded. The two didn’t know where to start and were kinda lost. So, they decided to create an account as their first step. They stared at the dashboard for quite a while, not knowing what to do next. As they explored the page, searching for something that will lead them to the primadonnas, Jonghun noticed the ‘search tags’ bar. They keyed in ‘F.T. Island’ and found lots and lots of pictures and videos of their interviews, variety show guestings, performances and magazine features.

“Wow. It’s better than Google,” Hongki commented. Jonghun just nodded in agreement and continued staring at the tagged posts as Hongki continued to scrolled down.

After a few scrolling, they a GIF image of Honki being hit by a car from the Severely MV.

“WHAT THE! Do they really enjoy watching me be hit by a car and die like this!?!? These pris..” Hongki whined, “they even made a GIF!! I can’t believe it!”

“I guess they do, huh?” Jonghun laughed as Hongki scrolled down and found more similar posts about him dying in the MV for their single, ‘Severely.’ And then a photoset of Jonghun his lips caught their attention.

“Do I really my lips that much? Pris are just... They notice the littlelest things we do!” Jonghun said, a little embarassed just by looking at his GIFs.

“Yeah. They notice everything and even makes this embarassing GIFs!!! Even the time when I hit myself with the hoolahoop was made into a GIF!! Those fools!! Arghh!!” Hongki added, also embarassed.

They continued scrolling and laughed at their own dorkness. Jonghun noticed one of the tags under a picture of Hongki and him. “Jongki? Who’s Jongki?” They followed the link to another page and saw a bunch of their pictures together. They tried reading a post in English that says “FANFIC: JongKi. [M]”

“Oh!! Ppenpiku!” Hongki blurted out, recognizing the word. “I remember in Minami Shineyo! A ppenpiku is a story a fan wrote. A fictional story about her favorite idols!”

“Ah really? Well, let’s check it out! I’m really curious since a primadonna wrote it. It will give us an idea of how they think of us. And I really wanna know who this Jongki is.” Jonghun said, excited.

“This is going to be great!! Let’s finish everything okay? I wonder what that ‘[M]’ stands for..”

“Arasseo! Challenge accepted!”

The two started reading. They learned that JongKi is short for JonghoonXHongki pairing. They both felt weird about this but decided to continue reading because of the curiousity of what the fans think. The atmosphere between the two started to get a little awkward when the fanfic progressed and got more and more ecchi.

They gulped in unison. “This is awkward.” Jonghun was the one who broke the silence. “Do you wanna continue reading?”

“Well, we said we’d take on the challenge, right? Maybe there’s an explanation why the pri wrote it in the end? Maybe there’s a twist behind it?” Hongki answered.

“Okay then. Let’s procede.”

Jonghun took a deep breath before they continued reading. The story went from ecchi to . It involved intense (as in INTENSE) hot and y JongKi moments, and a three some between Minhwan, Seunghyun and Jaejin. They struggled to finish the story and looked for an explanation but found nothing.

“What the did we just read?” Hongki said as he let go of the mouse, dumbfounded. “What are the primadonnas thinking? How.. UGH!!”

Jonghun stood up, and avoided looking at Hongki. “I think I need some time alone,” he said in a very low voice and went to his room. Afterwhich, Hongki rushed to the bathroom and vomitted like he wanted allof his systems out of his body.

A few hours later, the three younger members finally arrived at the FT Island dorm and was surprised to find the living room empty. Seunghyun and Jaejin went to find the hyungs and Minhwan started to prepare dinner. Seunghyun went to the greasy leader’s room and found Jonghun sitting on the bed, hugging his knees with his head held down.

Seunghyun got worried, quickly approached his hyung ad sat beside him. He put a hand on Jonghun’s shoulder and said, “hyung—.” Surprised, Jonghun jumped off thebed and got as far as possible from his dongsaeng. “GET AWAY!! DO NOT TOUCH ME!! I’M NOT THAT KIND OF PERSON!!” he cried.

Seunghyun was shocked by his hyung’s reaction. “I’m sorry, hyung! I’m sorry!!!”

Jonghun was relieved when he realized that it was just Seunghyun. “Oh, Seunghyun. It’s just you,” he said. Then scenes from the fanfic flashed through his mind and felt awkward again. He knows that it’s just fanfiction but he still feels disgust and awkwardness and embarrassment. H e was really relieved though that the one in front of him is not Hongki.He was full of emotions. Unconciously, he started to make weird faces as he tried to sort out everything in his mind. Seunghyun got more worried and got up to approach the leader.

Jonghun hugged himself, afraid of Seunghyun coming nearer. Seeing this, Seunghyun stopped and asked with a very worried tone, “Hyung... Are you alright?!? What’s happening to you!?!”

“I... I’m totally fine! I’m good!!” Jonghun said He put a very awkward smile on his face.

“Are you sure? You don’t seem okay... Did something happen between you and Hongki while we we’re gone?”

“No- Nothing happened! I swear nothing happened between H-Ho-.. him and me!! Don’t worry!!!” Jonghun defensively answered. He’s so embarassed, he can’t even say Hongki’s name outloud.

“If you say so... Minhwan is preparing dinner right now so come out in a few so we can eat.... And if there is something you wanna tell me, really, I’m here to listen,” Seunghyun said and left the room. He’s really curious and worried on what’s up with Jonghun but decided not to ask anymore.

On the other hand, Jaejin went to Hongki’s room and found him under the covers. He decided to surprise Hongki by tickling him. “Hongki-hyung!!! Wake up!!!!”

Hongki woke up immediately and jumped out of the bed just like what Jonghun did to Seunghyun. He pulled and wrapped the blanket around himself . “YA!!! ARE YOU CRAZY?!?! DOING THAT TO A MAN!?! YES! I AM A MANLY MAN!! AND AS FAR AS I KNOW, YOU ARE A MAN TOO!! SO THEREFORE YOU CAN’T JUST TOUCH ME LIKE THAT WHENEVER YOU WANT TOO!! BECAUSE MEN DO NOT TOUCH EACH OTHER LIKE THAT!! UNDERSTAND??!?!” Hongki breathlessly yelled at Jaejin.

Jaejin was taken a back with Hongki’s reactions. Yes, Hongki is always this hyper active and violent all the time but this was too much. He suspects something’s wrong but decided not to ask until Hongki calms down because he knows that if he insisted right now, he’ll just get physical pain. “Well, sorry for that. Anyways, Minhwan is preparing dinner so come out after you’ve calmed down,” Jaejin said and exited the room.

Jaejin and Seunghyun joined Minhwan in the kitchen to help him with the dinner. “Aww.. There’s no more chicken left in the store so I was only able to buy these hotdogs. Is that okay?” Minhwan sadly asked his hyungs.

“Well, we can’t do anything about it. Besides, its been a while since we last ate hotdogs. You’re always insisting we have fried chicken,” Jaejin answered.

“We still have some eggs right? Eggs and hotdogs. Daebak!!” Seunghyun blurted out.

“Okay! I shall cook some eggs too!!” Minhwan said with his forever adorable smile.

Not too long after, Jonghun and Hongki joined them on the dinning area. Both didn’t say a word. Both avoided to look at each other. Jonghun kept his head down while playing with the chopsticks. Hongki, on the other hand was playing with his phone.

“Is it just me or something’s up with these two?” Jaejin whispered to Seunghyun.

“I think something happened while we were gone. Jonghun hyung acted really weird when I came to get him in his room,” Seunghyun replied.

“Hongki hyung was a little bit... well, he’s normally really harsh... but he was really very violent a while ago. He even said some stuff about being manly and all that.”

“Dinner is ready!!” Minhwan cheerfully brought the hotdogs and eggs on the table. “The store ran out of chicken so all I got were some hotdogs. I also cooked some leftover eggs from the fridge. I hope its alright with Hongki and Jonghun hyung”

Jonghun and Hongki just stared at the eggs and hotdogs in front of them.

“Why? Is there something wrong with my eggs and hotdogs?” Minhwan asked the two quiet ones. With this, Hongki rushed to the bathroom to vomit once again. Jonghun suddenly stood up and said,”I’m sorry. I don’t have the appetite to eat right now,” and walked back to his room.

The three just shrugged and continued to eat.

Later that night, while everyone was asleep, Seugnhyun went to the kitchen to ger some water. He was surprised to see Jaejin on sitting on the dinning area alone.“Hyung, you scared me there. Why are you still up?” Seunghyun asked.

“Well, I’m really botheed by how Jonghun and Hongki hyung acted awhile ago.”

“Oh... Me too. There must be- oh?” Seunghyun was stopped when he noticed blinking lights from the computer. “Who left the computer open?” He went to check if its still open by moving the mouse. The page Jonghun and Hongki were reading a while ago popped up on the screen. “Hyung! I think I know what happened earlier,” Seunghyun called out to Jaejin.

Jaejin sat beside Seunghyun and they both started reading the fanfic.

After reading, Jaejin rushed to the bathroom to vomit just as Hongki did a while ago. Seunghyun just shrugged and turned off the computer. “Well, that was interesting..”

The next day, the fivemembers met again at the dining area to eat breakfast. Minhwan served the dishes as usual. “Since there were a lot of left overs last night because hyung didn’t eat, I just heated them up so I don’t have to go out and buy stuff, and to save money. Also, since there are no more cooking oil, I just boiled the eggs.” Hongki and Jonghun just stared at the hotdogs and eggs once more. This time, Jaejin joined the two and stared at the food with disgust like its made of rubbish.

“Why? Don’t you want to eat my eggs and hotdogs?!?” Minhwan asked, teary eyed. With that, Jonghun stood up and went back to his room as he did last night. Hongki ang Jaejin raced to the bathroom.

“Ya! Minhwan! Don’t you dare say those words again or I’ll make you eat my !” Hongki yelled from the bathroom.

“Why? What’s wrong?!? Do you really hate my hot—“ Minhwan was stopped by Seunghyun as he put a lot of rice in his mouth.

“Just shut up, you innocent fool. You can’t just blurt out things like that when our hyungs are emotionally unstable,” Seunghyun said, and continued to eat. Minhwan just sniffed as he chewed all the rice in his mouth.