Chapter 1 : The Unwanted Stepsister

1000 Paper Cranes

"Dad, why don't you ever tell me about this?" It was Mi Young. She looked unhappy and confused. She and her father sat in the living room and talked together after the woman and her daughter left. Her father looked at her and just kept quite for a few minutes. Finally, he spoke.

"Actually, i want to tell you about this since 3 months ago, dear. But i'm scared that you will angry to me," said her father.

"I'm angry now. Why don't you tell me? You said that you love me, Dad, but you keep a big secret from your daughter for 3 months? This is ridiculous." Mi Young looked disappointed. She didn't want to have a stepmother and stepsister, she thought that her father will not love her anymore.

"Mi Young, that lady's name is Jung Gai Wa,she's a widow, and her daughter's name is Jung Soo Yeon. They just moved to Seoul last year, they from Busan. Soo Yeon is dyslexic. I know that you're a smart student, dear, so when her mother and i get married, i want you to help and teach her study. Can you do it?" asked Mi Young's father.

Mi Young thought a moment. She didn't happy about this, but she didn't want to make her father sad, so she took a long breathe and said, "OK, Dad. I will do it for you."

Mi Young's father smiled. "You are a good daughter."

 

"So, you don't like them?" That's Tae Yeon, Mi Young's best friend. They walked in the park, and Mi Young told Tae Yeon all about her father, the foreign woman from Busan, and the woman's daughter.

Tae Yeon was a good listener. That's why Mi Young always feel comfortable to tell Tae Yeon about everything.

"I don't to have a stepmother and stepsister, i will lose my father's attention." Mi Young looked so sad.

"Well, it must be so bad. But, i think you must try to like them, maybe they are good people." said Tae Yeon.

"I don't know, i think you're right." Mi Young so desperate.

 

Mi Young's father will married the next month. So, Jung Soo Yeon and her mother moved to Mi Young's house. And what Mi Young hated, Soo Yeon will sleep in Mi Young's bedroom.

"Hwang Mi Young, i'm glad that i can live in a same place with you. You look beautiful, and i heard that you are smart and friendly." said Soo Yeon when Mi Young and her sat on the bed after moved Soo Yeon's stuffs to the bedroom. Mi Young impose herself to smile.

Great for you, disaster for me, Mi Young said in her heart.

 

When Soo Yeon and her mother went to shopping, Mi Young locked her bedroom and took her cell phone. She called Lee Woo Young, her boyfriend.

"Hello?" said a voice in the phone.

"Oppa!" Mi Young always feel happy when she heard Woo Young's voice.

"Hi flower, i miss you so much!" Woo Young always called Mi Young as flower, because Mi Young love flower.

"Ehm... i want to ask you something..."

"About what?"

"You know that my father will married again, right?"

"Yes, Tae Yeon told me this afternoon."

"Well, oppa, i don't really like them, can you tell me what to do? Tae Yeon said that i must try to like them, do you have a better idea?"

"I think Tae Yeon was right, flower, like or not, you must learn to accept them in your life. Fast or slow, your father will married with that woman, and you will have a stepsister, so it's difficult to dislike people that live in your house. I know you're a nice girl, and you know what the best for yourself, OK?"

Mi Young was disappointed. "Yes, oppa, i understand."

"That's my girl. Oh, i love you so much!"

"I love you more, oppa."

"I love you the most, flower, bye!"

"Bye, oppa, have a nice dream this night!"

She closed the phone. But, Mi Young didn't get better after talked to Woo Young. The truth was, she felt worse.