Unwanted

Don't Touch My

This School is Gross

 

So now, here I am, standing here at the front gate guarding the academy. Just staring up at the pink building sent shivers down my spine. I could tell my stay here wasn’t going to be a pleasant one.
I took a deep breath and swallowed down my worries and shoved the rusty gate. I took a couple paces and faced the front doors.
Well, I thought, here goes.
I pushed the double doors and stepped inside.

It wasn’t that bad--well, not as ugly as the outside. The air had a scent of lavender, my favorite smell. The floor was carpeted and the hallway was vacant. I traveled up the hallway, looking for the front office, but soon, the hallway emptied itself into a sudden populated area--one with class; clean marble floors and coronations for decoration upon every corner.
Busybodies strutted over the place, holding their noses up high, wearing colorful yet serious skirts and blouses. Not one dared to look at the confused n00b and help her out.
I dropped my black bag and released my grasp on the handle of my rolling book bag to try and catch some acquaintance as professionally as possible, digging my hands into my pockets, trying not to look like a clueless outsider.

My eyes roamed around the room looking for a possible sign.
Nope, none. Just locked doors aligning the wall.
My neck craned into another direction. Double doors.

I quickly went back to the area where I had placed my luggage when all of a sudden--
“Why, excuse me!”
A voice--a snobby voice with an attitude.
“You bumped into me. Apologize.”
I couldn’t quite tell if she was a student or a ty teacher wearing a really short white skirt.
So even though she bumped into me, I decided to apologize.“Sorry, lady. Hey, um, can you--”
“Good golly, young child!” the lady interjected. “The way you speak is so unprofessional. Ugh! If you're looking for your sister, go to the front office.”
 

Ugh, my sister? REALLY? Does it look like I’m lookin’ for someone with this baggage on the floor?


Well, then, can you tell me....” It was all I could say before the lady stormed off, her heels making that irritating clack sound as they hit the marble floor.
Geez, this school was already getting on my nerves, what with their conceited teachers or old looking students.
And this better not be the uniform, because I am NOT wearing a skirt! Shoot, the day I wear a skirt is the day Lil Wayne cuts his dreads.
  
Waiting this much made me impatient, so I decided to make a move.
I called on anyone that would pay attention.
“Hey, you there....” The lady walked away.
“Ey, excuse me....Yo, Can you....People am I talking to---”
“WAH!”
I had collided with, yet another.
My luggage fell from my hands and hit the floor with a loud thud!
I recovered from the fall faster than the bumper, so I decided to help her up.
Her outfit was different. Instead of a white blouse with a different colored skirt, she was wearing a navy blue blazer with a pink tie, a plaid, pleated pink and black skirt, black knee-highs and black loafers. Pinned onto the right pocket of the blazer was a badge with the initials S.H.B in cursive and beneath, written smaller was J. K.

She got up and brushed her skirt. “Oh, I apologize, love,” she asserted. “I’m so sorry!” She bowed at the waist...and stayed there for some time...



Weird....well, at least she’s not a snob.


“Um...it’s cool,” I said, with assurance. I helped her out of her position and smiled. It was kind of sweet of her to feel so remorseful over something so small. Her even admitting she was at fault was enough; I hated how that other lady blamed me for it.
And unlike that rude woman, I could tell this girl was a student...her skirt was a lot longer.

“Hey, do you know where the office is?” I suddenly asked her. I still had stuff to do, and all this bumping into folk wasn’t going to put me off.

“Of course, I do. Come on, follow me,” she said casually with a wide grin. It was actually kind of scary how nice she was being. All of the girls at my old school were y, so this was a nice change.
Keeping my distance, I cautiously stayed 3 steps behind her, and then all of a sudden, she her heels and stared at me with a Cheshire Cat smile. “What are you doing back there? Come up here and talk to me, love!”

“Um, okay,” I blindly agreed.
What? She’d probably eat me if I didn’t follow her commands.

“So, are you new? I’ve never seen you here before. Ooh, where did you last go to school? Before here, I went to SeoungHwa High.. My parents wanted me to learn manners, but that’s beside the point. What are you in for? Did you get kicked out of your old school? Oh, that’d be so cool. That’s absolutely what we need here, a badass. What got you kicked out? Did you steal something, beat someone up.....”

She just wouldn’t stop talking. If that is what this school is going to turn me into, I’d better run now (You’d better run, run, run, run...). That’s it, I thought. I’m running away. I refuse to live in this totalitarian society and I’m just gonna walk out those doors and-

“Here we are,” The girl interrupted my thoughts, as she gestured to a door in front of us, “You’re gonna wanna talk to the receptionist, she’s right there. Her name is Ms. Choi. Oh, I never told you my name. I’m Jung Krystal,” she held out her hand for me to shake, “nice to meet you.”

I shook her hand. “Liu Amber. Nice to meet you too.” Our grasps released.

“Oh, Liu?” she asked with a puzzles face. “That sounds--”

“Chinese?” I finished. “Yeah, I’m from China.”

“Oh, CHINA!! COOL!” She started jumping up and down, clapping her hands like a little child.

“So you’re bilingual! Cool!”

Her excitement was flattering and a little scary at the same time. “Uh...thanks,” I managed to say with a smile.

“So,” Krystal began, “is this how girls dress in China?”

“Huh?”

“You know,” she paused, pinched my black skinny jeans, tugged on my over-sized black and white hoodie, and continued, “all boyish.”

“Oh, hehe. No, no, no. It’s just how I chose to dress, is all.”

“Oh. Well, it’s a little different, but it’s cute. I like!”

“Oh... well I wasn’t aiming for the cute look, but okay."

“And you’re hair is totally cute!” She took her fingers and tugged a lock of my black short hair. Can you say irritating?

“Um,” I mumbled, kindly taking her hand away from my head with my free hand., “thanks. Now if you’ll excuse me, I should get going.” I quickly turned away and attempted to reach for the door handle until I felt a hand on my shoulder.

“Wait!” Ugh, what now!?

“Yes?” I answered, wearily.

Abruptly, she almost jumped onto me, wrapping her arms around me rather tightly. My grip on my luggage weakened, and they fell to the ground once more.

“UGH!” I grunted, with the small amount of air I had left. “Too tight, too tight!”

“Oh, sorry!” Her arms loosened as she forced the luggage back into my hands. “Shoo, shoo. Good luck!” She turned me around and pushed...a little bit too low....

I staggered and immediately turned back, confused. “Uh...” I didn’t know how to finish it, but somehow I did. “Did you...did you just touch my---”

Only to be interrupted. “Liu Amber? Oh, hello, I am Choi Mi Lu. We’ve been expecting you. Welcome to SeungHyo Blossom.”
Choi decided to walk out of her office at that point, unsettling my bewilderment.
“Why,” she continued, “I see you’ve made friends already, Ms. Liu.”
“YUP!” Krystal jumped in. “She’s such an interesting person. Love her already!”
“Oh, well how lovely. Ms. Liu, I have already checked and you are in dorm 33C.”

There she was again; Krystal was clapping her hands again, while jumping up and down with open. She looked like a retarded monkey.

Oh no, I thought. Could this be?

“Omo! Omo! Omo!!”She exclaimed, ceasing her movement.
“W-what?” I stuttered, hoping it wasn’t what I thought it was.
“Yes,” Ms. Choi said, intrigued, “what’s got you all hyped up? Don’t tell me you guys are?”
“In the same dorm!”

Oh lord...
“Oh! Well, what a coincidence,” said Ms. Cho with an all to pleasant smile on her face.
I faked a chuckle. “Ha, ha, yeah.” NOOOOOOOO!!!!!
“C’mon, I’ll show you the way!” Krystal said, and she dashed off like the wind still holding on to my arm..



Oy... I have to live in this hell hole for the rest of my high school life with my roommate,


The - Grabber.