I survived..

Without You [One-Shot]


•••

There are things in life that you'll never forget. Like... your bestfriends, your enemies, the first time you cried, the first 'I love you', your first love ... I still remember him.
It was a dark and rainy night when we first met. I was about to run over him with my car, fortunately, I pushed the breaks at time.

Flashback.

"OMO!" My eyes widened as I saw a shadow running in front of me. I quickly stopped and got out of the car. The shadow turned and uncovered his head. I was speechless as I saw a good-looking man starring at me. He came towards me and my car and snapped his fingers in front of my face, making me come to my senses. I blushed as I bowed, "I'm sorry! I was about to hurt you.."
The guy clucked, "Nah, it's okay. Next time, I should be more careful. By the way, I'm Choi Seunghyun, but you can call me TOP .. "
I shook his hand, "Park Bom, nice to meet you."
"Same~ So what is a pretty girl doing at 2am in a rainy night on the streets?" He looked at me and my car.
I laughed, "I finished my work at this hour."
"You must have an hectic schedule..." He said and looked at me straight in the eyes.
I avoided his eyes and nodded, "Yeah, I'm working as a choreographer and producer."
"I also dance.." He winked.


End.

Since that day, he was my everything -- the reason why I was smiling, laughing and even crying. I remember the first time I cried because of him. It was after six months since when we started dating. We got in a fight in his car while going towards my house; the reason? My busy schedule made him think that I don't love him and I don't pay him too much attention. I tried to tell him that I still loved him but he would always cut me with 'You found another man?' or questions like this. I got angry and tears streamed on my cheeks. Seeing it, he stopped the car and hugged me, saying how sorry he was for misunderstanding me.

I thought that would be the last time I would cry because or for him .. but I was wrong. As time went by, things got worse. He wasn't the same boy that I felt in love with. Instead, he started becoming colder after a new dancer in his crew appeared. He said that he liked how she was dancing and that she had a nice personality. I was nodding and smiling at everything he was saying, without thinking that I may lose him. But it happened. Before, he was the one that called me everytime we wanted to hang out or meet. He was the one that he first told me 'I love you' .. but after she came, he stopped calling me every night at 4am just to say goodbye. He became very distant towards me.

I started missing the times we were together .. a lot. Like him driving with his hand resting on my knee and the way we'd share a big, delicious ice cream. But I especially missed the hot long nights in his room when he was all around me, the taste, the scent and the feel of him. And I'd fall asleep in his arms, with the sound of his heartbeat being the last thing I heard before going to sleep. I felt that he loved me and I loved him.

But this changed after I saw him and the new girl kissing. My heart sank at the sight and I left the parking lot - I wanted to make him a surprise but it ended as a nightmare .. for me.
That night, I remember that he called me for over five times, but I didn't answer. So, he left me a message, saying how sorry he was that didn't contact me because of his busy work. Yeah, sure.

Thinking for a few more days, I decided what I was going to do. After talking on the phone, we met in a cafe which was placed right beside the street where I first saw him. He came five minutes after me and I told him about what I saw a few days earlier. Like I was expecting to happen, he started saying that I was hallucinating and that he loved me .. but I refused to believe him .. I refused to be lied once again and decided to break up. His eyes widened at my request and asked 'Why? Didn't I say I love him?' A shaky laugh was heard from my mouth.

Why I was trying to break up with him? Well, its like .. I sat down and looked at the situation - all the pieces lying on the floor and I realized that it wasn't a puzzle anymore; none of the pieces fit together.
Other girls would want to give him another chance but I didn't. If he lied me one time, he could do it again and I wasn't ready for another heartbreak.
As a person with a lot of people around me, I said to him that we still could be friends ... but he refused and told me that I will never survive without him and left the cafe.

I sighed and grabbed my car keys, leaving all the memories with us together in the cafe and beside that street which caused me to break my heart for the first time.

Now, after more that one year and half of that incident, I found my soul mate .. Kim Jaejoong. We met after I was hired as TVXQ's choreographer and he was one of the members of the popular group.

But still, I haven't forgotten him, Choi Seunghyin. My first love .. and the first person who broke my heart.

Sometimes I hope we could became friends until I get married. I hope that I'll invite to the wedding and you'll come. Then you'll see me as the happiest girl in this world. You'll see me with a guy that treats me right and loves me more than himself. You'll see all that you could've had and you'll regret letting me go. But the thing that I want you to see the most is that I survived without you ..

I'm a happy person.

•••

Please comment ?