Chapter 3

Short Stories

 


Hey guys! It's been awhile. How long? I don't know! But I hope you are all well and doing great whether you're in school or working a job! :D. I hope this update will cheer you up. 


Chapter 3

Hwang Tae-Kyung's Point of View

My phone vibrated in the cup holder while I was driving. I quickly put on the Bluetooth headset. "Hello?". I heard party music and Jeremy screaming crazily in the background. "What on Earth are you guys doing?!" I exclaimed. I couldn't hear what Mi Nyu was saying because the techno was cranked up even louder. "What? Speak up!" I yelled. I sighed when she was trying her best to convey her message and my ears started to ring. "Put Jeremy on the phone," I commanded.

"What's up Tae-Kyung Hyung!" Jeremy's enthusiastic voice shouted over the booming club music.

"Are you home?" I calmly asked.

"What?" he replied.

"Are. You. At. Home?" I enunciated every syllable.

"Yes, we are. Why?"

"TURN. DOWN. THE. MUSIC," I ordered sternly.

I could hear rustling in the back as Jeremy scrambled to lower the volume. I smirked. He doesn't like it when I get mad.

"It's off!" he declared as I rejoiced.

"Now, what is that you want?" I questioned.

"Huh? Oh! Mi Nyu and I want movie night which also means popcorn! We don't have popcorn, Tae-Kyung hyung."

"And what do you want me to do about that?"

"Buy us popcorn? Lots and lots of popcorn! Like the caramel ones and the butter ones and also the cheese ones! You know what? Just buy every flavor!"

I knew that if I bought every flavor the store had, Jeremy would eat nothing but those snacks for days. As an older hyung, I felt responsible for his health; plus I like torturing him a little.

"Pick only one," I said and braced myself for whining.

"But Tae-Kyung Hyuuuuuuuuuuuuung."

I smiled, "Thank goodness we're talking on the phone right now. You can't use your puppy eyes."

There was a pause and I thought he hung up but, my phone told me otherwise. Suddenly I hear the message tone. I pulled the car over and opened the text. It was a picture of Jeremy and Mi Nyu staring at me with their huge eyes, begging me to succumb and buy them a variety of junk food. Before I could close out of the text thread, another one was sent to me. This time it was a picture of them with their puppy eyes along with accessories. Each had a long strip of paper taped below their eyes and they were pouting.

"Fine," I gave in.

"Yay!" I could hear them celebrating their small victory as they crank their music back up. "We love you, Tae-Kyung Hyung! We love you! You! You! You! Love!" they started singing.

I hung up and smiled as I drove to the nearest convenient store.

Go Mi Nam and Shin-Woo weren't home because they are working on their duet album so it was just Me, Mi Nyu, and Jeremy. I walked in with the bags in my hand. I still couldn't believe I bought that much popcorn. To prevent everyone from being constipated for weeks, I will ration this.

Jeremy took them out of my hands and ran to the kitchen to pop them.

I spotted Mi Nyu in the living room sweeping up the confetti that covered the floor. "Dear God. Did you guys murder a clown while I was away?" I joked as I picked up another broom and helped her.

"Jeremy was excited. Too excited. It's his first break in awhile," she laughed. "It's also your first day off too."

I was confused. "What? I had a fan meeting today though."

She smiled softly. "My definition of a break is when you come home earlier than the usual 1 in the morning days"

That broke my heart a little. It was true that I haven't seen much of her lately because of all the promotions and advertisements I had to do. The only times I ever saw her were late at night and she was already sleeping. I smiled back, "Well, I am here now. So let's enjoy the time we have, hmm?"

She grinned, "Yes!"

Jeremy came in balancing three bowls full of popcorn in his arms. "One bowl for the three of us is enough. Why did you get three?"

"Because I don't want our hands accidentally touching during the movie. I am sorry but these hands," he waved them up, "are meant for my true love," he stated and stuck his tongue out.

"Well you could have gotten two bowls then. I can share with Mi Nyu, you know, my true love."

"I could but, I would be really jealous, you know, I still love her," he joked.

That statement lead to a ten minute fight on who gets to sit next to Mi Nyu during the movie. Jeremy kept on wedging himself between Mi Nyu and I until Mi Nyu got tired of it and made it clear that she will sit in the middle. Jeremy happily agreed to the new seating chart while it left me disgruntled. As Jeremy went to turn the lights off, I took a handful of his popcorn in retaliation.

"You're going to like this movie! I heard it was super, super scary from my fans! It also received raving reviews from critics," Jeremy told us as he popped in the disc into the dvd player.

"What is it?" Mi Nyu asked.

The title made its appearance on the screen and then blood splattered across it as the viewing options eerily faded in.

"Yah, yah. don't you hate scary movies?" I asked Jeremy as I struggled to keep calm. I hate scary movies more than anything. Well, not more than anything, but it does make it on my top ten list of things I abhor.

Jeremy put on a brave face. "I am doing it for my fans!" He pulled out his phone and took a picture of himself courageously standing next to the television with the title screen while holding up the DVD cover of the movie. He then quickly pressed play and jumped on the couch, squirming until he got comfortable.

I tried to think of happy thoughts as I stared at the TV. Most of the time, I looked at my snack bowl with raging interest and obsession to remove all the unpopped kernels out. I caught Jeremy on his phones and when I about it (to distract myself as well), he claimed that he was only uploading the picture he took earlier and reading a couple of comments. At times, Mi Nyu was grasping my arm too tight while I tried to act brave and control myself from cringing. Jeremy buried himself in Mi Nyu's sleeve as he continuously stuffed his face with popcorn.

With only five more minutes of this hour and half movie from Hell, I felt relieved but my confidence fell short when the director of the movie decided to throw in one last scare. Jeremy lost his cool and accidentally threw his hands up in fear. I guess he forgot that he was still gripping his popcorn bowl. After the film ended and the credit page started rolling, we sat on the couch, in the dark, still in shock for a good minute before I got up and nearly ran to flip on the light switch. I yawned and feigned boredom as I said, "It wasn't that scary. I don't understand all the hype."

Jeremy laughed nervously, "Yeah...I don't get it either. I almost fell asleep."

Modest Mi Nyu spoke her opinion as well, "I was scared! I almost jumped out of my skin at the scene where-"

Not wanting to relive the terrifying scene that Mi Nyu was going to describe I cut her off by scolding Jeremy for all the popcorn on the floor and the couch. After we cleaned up the mess, everyone went to bed.

I knew I couldn't sleep as the movie replayed itself in my head. I started to regret turning off the lights for Mi Nyu's sake. For a short while, my eyes drooped and I fell into a light slumber; only to be awaken when I felt a hand on my leg. I made a desperate glance at Mi Nyu, but to my dismay, I heard her snoring lightly.

How can you sleep on this day at this time!

I started to sweat as I made out a bulging figure under the blanket.

This happened in the movie! I am going to die! I am going to die!

I took in a few short breaths.

It's only a movie. It's not real. It's only a movie. It's not real. It's NOT REAL.

Then there was more movement under the blankets and it was trying to make its way up.

Someone is under there. Something is trying to kill me.

With my limited knowledge of horror movies, I knew that it was me that was going to die because it's always the person awake. Always. I noted that even though I was frozen from terror, I also felt some relief because I knew, well according to the cliches of horror flicks, that Mi Nyu will be okay.

I felt its warmth and prepared to die a horrible and grotesque death. I shut my eyes and held it closed tightly to save myself from looking at its face. Now, I can feel it's hair tickle my cheeks and its warm breath on my neck.

Just kill me already!

I held absolutely still, waiting for it to maul me and eat my heart and liver but, nothing happened. I noticed that its rhythmic breathing was similar to a person sleeping. I slowly opened my eyes and peeked at it. I saw its blonde hair.

Since when did scary monsters have blonde hair?

I squinted and saw the outline of its face. I the desk light. "YAH!" I shouted a little too loud. Mi Nyu woke up, startled while Jeremy sleepily rubbed his eyes.

"Yeah, Tae-Kyung Hyung?" he groaned.

"What the heck are you doing here?!" I demanded.

"My room was scary.." he explained as he lazily sat up.

"Do you know how scared-" I started, "This is unacceptable. Get out."

"Hyungnim, let's just let him sleep here. The movie really scared him," Mi Nyu suggested.

"He's not a little kid!" I argued.

"Okay! I am not a kid! I am a grown man who wants to act like a kid! And if you can't accept that I'll... I'll run away!" Jeremy exploded. He wrapped himself on Mi Nyu and shot a child-like glare at me.

"Hyungnim, let him stay. Hmm?" Mi Nyu begged.

"This is ridiculous. Pure insanity," I grumbled as I turned the light off. I didn't want to admit it but, I love how family-like this was. The fears I had all dissipated as I drifted off into deep sleep with a smile on my face.


Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed it. Please Review/ Comment/ and Favorite this story!