Chapter 2

Short Stories

 

Hi everyone, I woke up with a new story idea and I was just so motivated to put it on a document and upload it this morning. Haha. It's a bit different from my other stories... I hope you enjoy reading it!


Chapter 2

Darkness encompassed me; every string of light was swallowed. I felt immense pressure on every inch of my body but I have yet felt agony. In this strange dimension of emptiness, I stood there, alone. I saw nothing and heard nothing. A bitter taste lingered in my mouth. I tried to call for help but no words came out instead, a hoarse squeal escaped my dry throat. I started to panic and tried to run but my feet were unresponsive. In the midst of this madness, an angelic voice broke through the blackness.

"Hyung-nim," it called. A ball of light came towards me and I tried to catch but my hands remained at my sides. "Hyung-nim," it called again.

Now, the light was in front of me. Its illumination dispersed all that was dark and now I saw nothing but great, white light. It felt warm and comforting; I felt safe. The heavy pressure was lifted off and I felt myself take flight. The light flew up with me. I was momentarily blinded by another flash of whiteness. I squinted and saw that the ball has taken the form of a body. As my eyes adjusted, I could roughly make out a face. It was Mi Nyu's. A smile grew on her face as if she was fully aware that I could see her now. "Hyung-nim," she said softly.

Before I could ask what was going on, Mi Nyu flew higher; the gap between us grew. I stuck my hand up to catch her. "Wait!" I cried. I tried everything to fly higher but I was suspended in midair.

I couldn't see her anymore. She was too far away. "Hyung-nim."

"Wait! Please!" I begged.

"Goodbye," she said faintly.

"NO!" I yelled. I felt the pressure return as it dragged me down. "NO!" I screamed. "Stay with me! Please!" I begged, but it was no use.

"Hyung-nim, don't worry. I'll stay with you." I felt a warm hand touch mine. My eyes snapped open. I could feel the sweat bubble on my forehead. Mi Nyu stood by me. She dabbed my head with a cold, cotton cloth.

"Mi Nyu..." I breathed out of relief.

She shushed me, "Don't speak. You're too weak." She laughed, "You can't fight off a simple fever like you used to."

"Tch. You should die your hair. It looks like an Arctic fox is sleeping on your head," I teased. I took the hand she was using to wipe my face; our hands withered from age. "You can't ever leave me." I said.

She smiled. "Okay. I understand," she sang. "Geez. You're still so clingy even at your age!"

"Promise?" I asked in all seriousness.

"Omo! The stove is still on!" She rushed out of the room. I waited for her to come back so I could make her promise me but the fever overcame me and I feel back to sleep.

When I woke up again, it wasn't Mi Nyu at my bedside; it was my son.

His eyes were red and puffy. "What's wrong? What happened?" I asked.

"Appa," his eyes getting watery again.

"Shh," I comforted him and raised my hand to gently pat his back. "Tell me. Tell me everything."

The room remained silent except for an occasional sob. "Men don't cry," I whispered. "Calm down. Appa is here. Tell me what happened."

A stack of newspapers on the nightstand caught my eye. I tried grabbing it with my other hand but I lost my grip and the papers fell to the ground. I saw the front page title and felt my heart sink. "No... it can't be...she was just here! She was just here!" I exploded.

My son held onto my shoulders. It was his turn to calm me down. "Explain these!" I demanded and gestured to the newspapers. "Tell me they aren't true! She was here! Son, she was in this very room. She was just...here," my voice gave out as tears dripped down my face. "She promised...she said she wouldn't go."

My son's face confirmed that the facts were indeed true. "Appa! Please. Just please. Calm down! It's not good for your heart!" he cried.

I grabbed his shoulders, "Don't tell me to calm down because it's bad for my heart when half my heart is gone!" I drooped down in sorrow. "Why!" I shouted over and over. "You said so! How dare you break your promise!" I cursed. "How dare you appear before me and break your promise," I whimpered.

"Elderly Woman Killed on Her Way Home"

"Han Ki Yoon Mugs and Kills Woman"

"Mugged Woman Confirmed to be Former Idol, Hwang Tae-Kyung's Wife"

"Trial for Han Ki Yoon Begins Next Week"

"Nation in Mourning"

"Familiy Currently Denies Press Conferences"

"Hwang Tae-Kyung is Bedridden"


I am sorry if you don't like sad stories! As a reminder, this short story will not be related to any of my other stories. This one is just for fun...I guess "fun" isn't the right word. But you know what I mean. XD. I hope you cried? I teared up a bit writing this. Well, see you guys next time!

Tell me what you think about this by clicking the review button below!. READ/ SUBSCRIBE/ COMMENT/ REVIEW!

Thanks for everything!