chapter forty six – facing the facts. (filler)

Perfections That Come with Flaws

chapter forty six- facing the facts. (filler)

/Minhyun?/

/I know that you are angry, just reply to me./

/You are there, I know./

/Minhyun?/

/Fine, I’ll talk, you  listen./

/Just let me be selfish once more. Please, do everything you can, not to get Yuri too much involved in dad’s case after it reopns. Haeun noona will get her involved; just try to get her away from it as much as you can. That’s all I’m asking. Look out for her. Please, Minhyun-ah./

/I’m always doing favors for you, Jonghyun. This time, I’m doing it for her.
She’s at least doing better than you are./

/Stay there for her./

/That’s what you are supposed to do as her brother./

/Also what you are supposed to do as her lover./

/Minhyun?/

/That’s what I am doing. You just can’t do your part because of your cowardliness./

/Thank you, Minhyun./

-

Eunbi was simply enjoying the moment, staring at her boyfriend who was sleeping on her lap when her cell phone rang. For a moment, she wanted to throw it at the wall so that it would stop ringing and she could be stuck in the moment forever when Changmin opened one of his eyes and smirked.

“Just pick it up.” He said.

Pinking, she stuck her tongue out at her boyfriend and picked up the phone.

“Yes, baby?” she said into the phone, on purpose, sending an indirect look at her boyfriend who sent her a playful glare.

“Noona?” it was Minhyun, Eunbi immediately recognized the voice.

“Yeah, what is it?”

She heard breathing n the other line, and knowing her brother, she knew he was having trouble breathing.

“Minhyun? Minhyun, talk to me.” She started getting worried, straightening up. Changmin also sat up and stared at Eunbi with worried eyes. “Are you alright? Where are you? Is Hyein there?’

“I…I’m fine, noona.” From his voice, Eunbi knew he was still having trouble breathing. She heard the voice of a girl from the background and Minhyun’s voice repeating that he was fine. “I’m near your apartment. Yuri is with me.”

“What’s wrong?” Hyein asked once again. “Are you both alone?”

More heaving breathing. “Yeah. We walked. From Yuri’s house.”

On the norm, Hyein would have exploded on him for that, but instead, she sighed. “Yeah?”

“Can we stay in your apartment tonight?”

“Why?”

“I just don’t want to face what’s waiting for me at home.”

From the background, she heard Yuri tell Minhyun that he couldn’t run away forever.

“I know I can’t. At least I’m much more natural when I’m around just you.” She was pretty sure he didn’t mean for her to hear that.

“You love her, don’t you, baby?” Hyein whispered, as a feeling of overwhelming happiness spread from her heart to every single organ in her body. Inside, she knew it wasn’t the right time to feel such happiness, especially when her brother was in such confusion.

There was hesitance for a while. “Yes, noona. I do.”

At that moment, she felt like the happiest person in the world.

-

It was Yuri who woke him up early the next morning. She was panicking about her brother being angry at her, but Minhyun only found the sight amusing.

“Don’t worry.” He said, for probably the thirtieth time that day, as he tried to stop a cab. “I’ll take the blame.”

He heard her sigh and chuckled.

Maybe, just maybe, he did love her. And maybe he did all along.

-

“YOU SAID YOU WERE GOING TO BE HERE LAST NIGHT!”

Yuri had guessed right. More than right, in fact. She guessed the exact happening.

It was six in the morning yet Woohyun had the power and energy to yell at them when they got to the house. Apparently, he hadn’t slept the previous night.

“We’re sorry, oppa.” She said, both of them staring at their feet. “We fell asleep.”

“No.” Woohyun said, shaking his head. “No.”

He, Minhyun thought, was indeed showing off his high vocals. please. We don’t care.

“Oppa!”

NO! It doesn’t matter. What matters now is where you slept. Where did you sleep? Huh?!

“On the bed..?”

WHAT?!

Woohyun’s voice was scarily high, but Minhyun found this too amusing to be scared.

“I can’t believe you actually dared to walk beside him with him looking like that!”

Minhyun winced.

Ouch. That hit a nerve.

He clenched his fists, holding his temper in.

But his temper seemed to fade away with what Yuri said. In complete honesty, he was surprised.

“Yeah, I did. I’m sorry oppa, but however he looks like, I’d rather walk by his side than yours. You are way too embarrassing. Hugging me every now and then, wetting my cheeks with sloppy kisses, no better than a dog, and shouting like a maniac.

“I like the silence between us. It’s comforting. Without words, silence makes me feel better, whatever the situation.”

Of course, the siblings knew she was lying to herself.

Minhyun suppressed a smile of glee.

-

Walking into school suddenly felt so scary. As if I had no protection, as if it had no purpose.

Even though the talking behind my back had died down, I never felt so out of place.

There was no one by my side. Even Mihi had completely disappeared. I was so scared.

In class, I was greeted by Ren oppa. Despite the fact that they were going to keep their ‘gang’ look, he talked, smiled and laughed with me. I could tell he was trying to make me feel better.

But still, when Mihi came, he went completely to I don’t care mode.

It didn’t matter, though.

He was there when I needed him.


 

shotuout!

my fav part is coming! throw in your thoughts!
i love you, all my readers <3