chapter thirty four – brotherly love.

Perfections That Come with Flaws

 

chapter thirty four- brotherly love.

“Ow..ow, ow, ow, owww…”

“Keep still.”

“Owww! It hurts!”

“It wouldn’t if you stay still!”

“But it hurt- OWWW!”

“YAH, THIS RAS-”

“Noona, noona!”

Jonghyun and Woohyun had to hold Eunbi back from throwing the wet towel onto Minhyun’s face. They had been trying to treat his wounds for more than an hour already and all that was repeated in the house was Minhyun’s ‘ow, ow’s. It was a good thing that Eunbi had actually been able to preserve her temper for that hour, at least. She had been patiently saying “Keep still” gently, every time Minhyun made a fuss.

She was that much of a sweet sister.

But did her younger brother know how to appreciate it?

Nooooo.

And that really pissed her off.

“That was the last straw, Hwang Minhyun. You are going to school looking like that.”

Minhyun gaped at his older sister. “I’m NOT going to school. No way. And looking like this, NO WAY IN HELL.”

“You just didn’t raise your voice at me.”

“I’M NOT GOING TO SCHOOL!”

“YAH, HWANG MINHYUN! DO YOU REALIZE WHOM YOU ARE REAIZING YOUR VOICE AT?!”

While the siblings yelled at each other to their heart’s content, in fear, Woohyun and Jonghyun watched, in safer distance.

“I sometimes really wonder where their anger and impatience comes from..” Jonghyun mumbled.

“I sometimes am really thankful for not having either of them as my sibling.” Woohyun mumbled back.

“WE CAN HEAR YOU!”

Once again, Woohyun and Jonghyun just whimpered in fear of the wrath of the siblings.

-

It took both Eunbi and Minhyun a while to calm down. A little longer for Eunbi than for Minhyun. After the argument, Minhyun fell onto the bed and he was gone.

Plainly gone.

No matter what Woohyun and Jonghyun did, they couldn’t wake him up.

It was Eunbi that took longer to calm down. Both Woohyun and Jonghyun were too scared to even talk to her. 

What surprised them was when Eunbi started to treat Minhyun’s wounds after he passed out. She gently applied ointments and jabbing a towel soaked with hot water. This was the only moment when the both boys could approach her.

“I’m sorry, noona. I did wrong.” Jonghyun said. Eunbi changed her attention from Minhyun to Jonghyun. She smiled, seeing the guilt all over the boy’s face. He looked as if he was about to cry again.

“Aigoo, look at you.” Eunbi said, dropping the towel into the bowl of hot water and holding his chin up. “You look like how you used to look back at San Francisco. About to cry at every little thing.”

This was what made tears well in his eyes. Immediately, he turned away and wiped his tears and Woohyun  chuckled from behind him. He came and sat on the ground. “Did you cry a lot when you were younger?” he asked Jonghyun.

“What’s it to you?” Jonghyun shot at him, almost immediately.

“Just asking!” Woohyun mumbled, obviously displeased by how Jonghyun had reacted to his innocent question.

“In his defense,” Eunbi said, getting back to jabbing Minhyun’s wounds with the wet cloth. “He has every right to know.”

“Exactly.”

Jonghyun grumbled, feeling rather annoyed at how the elders were teaming up to ‘bully’ him.

“Why don’t you apologize?” Eunbi asked, her attention still on her younger brother.

“I’m sorry.” Jonghyun mumbled, his voice barely audible, as he got up to leave.

“Yah, who am I? You think you can leave that casually after mumbling like that?” Woohyun shot at him.

Jonghyun sighed and turned around. “I’m sorry, hyung. I won’t snap at you ever again, hyung. I won’t mumble my apologies again, hyung. Please forgive me, hyung.” Even though he added a lot of ‘hyung’s to make Woohyun angry, his voice was sincere.

Definitely not how he had planned it on coming out.

“You guys don’t know how cute brotherly love is.” Eunbi mumbled.

“It’s not cute.” Woohyun said at once.

“It’s beautiful.”

“No.”

“It’s handsome.” Jonghyun grinned. “Just like us.”

“Exactly.”

Eunbi laughed. “Something I’ll never understand. Brotherly love.”

“Of course, you don’t, noona.” The brothers replied in unison, with much glee.

-

Jonghyun whistled at the sight of the busy Seoul underneath as the sun set on Eunbi’s balcony. From behind him, Woohyun came into the balcony with two cups of coffee in his hand.

“Oi, kid.”  

Woohyun handed Jonghyun the coffee, standing beside him. “Why so serious?”

“No reason. Just wondering why everyone is in such a rush.” Jonghyun shrugged. “So I’m taking Minhyun is staying here tonight? Doesn’t seem like noona will let him go.”

“She doesn’t intend to. She said she’d sleep in the living room if she has to.”

Jonghyun scoffed. “If Minhyun wakes up in the midnight and finds noona sleeping in the living room, I don’t think the neighbours will be able to sleep.”

Woohyun laughed. “I know right. Those two love each other so much. I can’t believe they had a huge fight, just the other day.”

“They did?” this was news to Jonghyun, but he shrugged it off. “Even if they did, we wouldn’t be able to tell.”

“Well said.”

They sipped their coffee, overlooking the city.

“You think Yuri’s worried?” Jonghyun asked, after a moment of hesitating.

Woohyun nodded. “I know she is. You guys, after all, mean a lot to her. I can tell.”

“I wonder if Minhyun texted her.”

“I wonder why you don’t text her.”

Hyung. I must’ve looked like a coward to her.”

“Does it really matter? You love her, don’t you?”

“Not the same way Minhyun does.”

“Of course not, but the way I do, for sure. If I were you, she’d have been the first person I’d have called.”

“But I’m not you, hyung. There’s this barrier between both of us being alike called Nam Yoora.”

“She’s my mother, Jonghyun.”

“Not mine.”

“I’m asking you to respect her. Please. I know she gave you a lot of hardshi-”

“Damn, she gave me a lot of hardship! Made my life, literally, a living hell. I could have grown up like you, hyung. I could have grown up like any other normal child, attended school, as in actually attended school as a student, gotten a job, and might have even chosen music as my career. But you know what, hyung? I didn’t. And I couldn’t. Your mother saw to that.”

“I’m sorry, on behalf of her, Jonghyun-ah. She can be a a times, even to me and Yuri bu-”

“Oh hyung, you don’t know how much I want to accept that apology and pretend nothing happened. But I can’t. Why? Because your freaking mother isn’t sorry! And she won’t leave me alone. As long as she keeps trailing me like she does, there is no future for me. No life for me.”

“She won’t trail you. You can still become an idol, you know. You can still go on the stage and dance, the way you always dreamed. There’s nothing stopping you. And I, definitely as hell, am supporting you. And in this, if my mother tries to do anything, I swear on my life, Jonghyun-ah, I will personally see to it. And if she does keep on provoking you, I will personally get my lawyer to file a case against her on dad’s death’s case.”

“You won’t.”

“I will. There’s nothing blocking your future but yourself. I wouldn’t have cared much if you were Minhyun, but you aren’t. You’re Jonghyun, you are my brother. Maybe I had a strong jealousy against you, but not now. Right now, I’ve long accepted the fact that you’re my brother who came into my life and is going to stay. So since you are staying, why don’t I do some favors that will last a lifetime at the most, if not, at least a few years.”

Jonghyun stared at Woohyun for a while.

A smirk. “Touching. Really touching.”

“God damn it, Jonghyun!” Woohyun growled, frustrated. “Do me a favor and actually be serious why don’t you?”

“Hyung, you love your mom. I don’t want to get in between you both.”

“Jonghyun-ah, there’s a difference between love and respect. What I have for my mother is respect, not love. Believe me, I’d rather have your mother as my mother any day, but now, you know that it isn’t possible. My mother saw to that.”

“Of course.”

“So?”

Jonghyun sighed.

“I know that you won’t let go, hyung.”

“Excellent!”

Eunbi overheard their conversation from inside the living room and chuckled to herself. “Brotherly love. I’ll never understand.”


 

shotuout!

TA-DA! to ther reader whom i said jr might be yuri's brother, here you go.
lol.
i really wanted to troll you guys. but you are too smart for me. D:
anyways, JR does love Yuri, he just isn't in love with Yuri. and he believes in the strong connection between Yuri and Minhyun, of course, like Woohyun and Eunbi.
more details of their relationship will come in the coming chapters.  
also, did you see the teasers? damn, they all just reflect on my story. jr crying and mihyun being stotic and all (not like they aren't lol)
but anyways, have a nice night!
author-nim lubs you all! ♥
this chapter is dedicated to my new unnie! unnie hope you like the chapter!
ps. lalli, if you want to read, don't complain. if you dont want to read, don't complain either. just keep calm and read. i mean it.