Never thought it would be this easy

Never thought it would be this easy

 

I guess I was being stupid.

 

~

 

I can still remember clearly everything that we’ve been through, every challenge in life that we surpassed together. We shared each other dreams and vowed to reach it together. But where is the love we shared? Where is it?

 

~

 

It is a snowy night. I can see people hurrying for their last minute shopping.  Others are walking with their loved ones, while I’m here, all alone, still worried if she was badly affected by our break up.

 

One year has passed. No communication, no interactions. It kills me. I know I was the first one to break up but what can I do? I cannot feel her love anymore. I always wished that she will be unhappy without me. But now, all I want is to see that smile in her face, the smile I fell in love with.

 

~

 

While walking to a nearby café, I heard a familiar laugh from the other side of the street. I know that laugh very well, the laugh I always hear before.

 

“Yah! Donghae Oppa! Stop tickling me!”

 

She looks very happy. I never thought this would be easy for her. I guess I was just being stupid. I am the only one who thinks this is hard. Indeed, this is very hard; It is very hard for me.

 

She had her hair dyed into orange. She looks better, better than when she was with me. I guess he deserves her more. The guy beside her looks familiar. I tried to go closer to see who the guy is. I’m right. He was my best friend before. It is Lee Donghae.

 

I tried to keep the tears. It hurts me seeing them very happy together. Suddenly, she saw me starring at her. I tried to wave at her but she ignored it. Instead, she pulled the man closer as if she’s saying that she has someone better.

 

I can’t hide the pain inside. I want to hug her and tell her to go back to my arms again. I don’t care if she’ll reject me. The important thing is that I got near her.

 

I crossed the road, not minding if there are cars passing by. Now, both of them are looking at me. I heard her shout.

 

“Eunhyuk! Watch out!”

 

I looked to my right. But it was too late. It was too near.

 

POOOOOOOOT! POOOOOT!

 

All of a sudden, I thought I was in heaven. Am I seeing an angel?

 

“Mister! Are you alright? Are you hurt?!”

 

I snapped myself. I’m not in heaven. I’m still alive. She saved me. This girl saved me.

 

“Thank you Miss.”

 

I stood up and bowed to her. From my rear view, I can see Donghae and Tiffany running to me.

 

“Hyuk! Are you alright?!”

 

He asked me. I was dumbfounded. Should I just forget what he did to me? Should I forget that he stole my one and only? That he stole Tiffany from me?

 

I looked down. I saw his hand. There is a ring.

 

“Are you alright Eunhyuk?”

 

She asked me. Tiffany asked me. I want to say yes but I’m not alright. Everything is not alright. I’m still deeply in love with her even though she has someone new. That someone who is always with her, their hands always intertwined, not minding what others might say.

 

I just nodded at them. She put her hands at my shoulders. The feeling is different. The feeling of her touch makes me alive. But I need to move on. I need to find my own happiness.

 

“I hope you’re alright. We’ll go now Eunhyuk.”

 

She bid goodbye. Does this goodbye means were not going to see each other again?

 

I snapped back to my senses. I almost forgot the girl who saved me.

 

“Miss, what’s your name?”

 

She offered her hand for a handshake.

 

“I’m Kim Hyoyeon but you can call me Hyoyeon. I see that your name is Eunhyuk. Nice to meet you.”

 

She has a smile like an angel. She has many things on her hands but she managed to save me.

 

“Thank you very much Hyoyeon. How can I repay you?”

 

I asked her, still overwhelmed with her kind gestures.

 

“I don’t need anything as a payment. I’m happy knowing that you are safe.”

 

I suddenly became nervous. For the second time, I felt like this. Tiffany was the first one to make me feel this way. Does this mean I found my new happiness too?

 

~

 

Hi! I know it’s crappy but I felt like I need to make another oneshot. I don’t know why but I have so many ideas running through my mind now but it seems that I can’t write it? And by the way, this won’t have a sequel. It’s up to the readers what they want to happen to Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk. You can imagine them being happy together as couples or another broken couple. I’m accepting requests for oneshots now since it’s already vacation. Just post it in my wall. I’m accepting SuperGen, 9pm and ShineeGeneration. As I always say, CRITICISMS are highly appreciated. I’ll be happy seeing it. Thanks for reading!

- Aimee :">