Twisting Fate: Second Chance

Twist and Turns[Alternate Ending]

 

“HYUNG! You okay?!”

 

Seungri?

 

“We need a medic here!”

 

TOP-hyung?

 

“What happened?!”

 

“I don’t know!”

 

Daesung? Taeyang?

 

What’s going on?

 

I slowly opened my eyes, and saw my group mates, the dance crew, and the staff bending over me. The floor felt cold against my back and it hurt. I must have collapsed or something. Moments later, the paramedics came and checked up on me. I assured them I was fine and they left. I heard relieved sighs from everybody.

 

Where am I anyway?

 

I scanned the room, and it looked like one of the practice rooms where we have our briefing before a concert. I rubbed my eyes, because frankly, I feel a lot disoriented.

 

Shouldn’t I be in the hospital? What am I doing here?

 

Before I could ask someone, Seungri stood up and exclaimed, “Oh, look! She’s here!”

 

I curiously glanced where Seungri was looking and time seemed to have stopped the moment I saw what got him so excited.

 

It was Dara.

 

She hurried to where I was when she saw me and hugged me tight. “I heard you collapsed. What happened? Are you okay?” Her voice told me she was extremely worried.

 

I hugged her back, unable to believe that she was with me, alive and breathing.

 

What I just saw…

 

all of it seemed so real.

 

Was that a dream?

 

I heard TOP-hyung telling everybody to clear the room, to give Dara and me alone time. When they all left, Dara let go of me and I asked her.

 

“What day is it?”

 

Dara frowned, and I knew my question bothered her. She was looking at me strangely as she answered, “It’s the second day of Big Show.” She cupped my face with her hand and asked, “Are you feeling alright?”

 

Second day. Tomorrow would be our anniversary. Then that would mean nothing I have seen happened yet. Dara and I haven’t broken up, and no accident occurred. I was momentarily confused, but it was immediately replaced with sheer happiness. I was immensely relieved that it was all a dream.

 

I held her hand against my face, feeling its warmth, and nodded. She smiled and said, “You got me worried there.”

 

I chuckled and hugged her again. “I missed you,” I whispered.

 

“I missed you too.”

 

Dara gave me her sweetest smile as she said those words and I could feel my tears threatening to fall. When she gave me some of the pork sandwiches she bought from Japan, I stuffed it in my mouth, because it helped me suppress the tears.

 

When it was time for us to go to the concert venue, I asked her to come with me. I knew she was tired from the flight, but I was too afraid to let her out of my sight. The dream still has its effect on me and I was scared. As luck would have it, she agreed.

 

The flight has taken its toll on her and she snoozed just before the concert. Dara was sleeping on the sofa, covered with blankets and I smiled as I looked at her angelic face. I remembered my dream, and I called every assistant available.

 

“I need you to do something for me.”



 

Everything was silent when I woke up. I must have overslept because it seemed that everyone has already left. I sat up groggily and saw Jiyong fiddling with his video camera. As I propped myself up, I saw a string hanging. Curious, I reached out for it. I saw Jiyong ran to my direction as if to stop me, but I already had the string between my fingers and pulled it.

 

Rose petals fell and a banner rolled from above. It said:

 

We finally reached the third year of our relationship. Why don’t we make it three thousand years? I wish to be with you forever.”

 

My tears came out automatically. This was beyond everything he has done, ever. It was done in a meticulous way, the way I see the male lead in romantic movies do. I turned to Jiyong, and he was grinning at me.

 

“Did you like it?” he asked. I nodded and buried my face on my palms. Tears were flowing now and I felt his arms wrap around me. It was the best feeling ever. The Jiyong I once fell in love with just came back.

 

He let go of me and looked me straight at the eyes. “I’m sure you’re hungry. Let’s go.”

 

“Go where?”

 

Jiyong just smiled and we walked to his car together. Once seated, I glanced back and saw a picnic basket.

 

What are you planning, Jiyong?

 

I found out the answer when we got to Han River. He went straight to the loading dock and boarded a tourist steamboat. I pulled him instantly and exclaimed, “Ya! Can we still ride on it? It’s almost midnight.”

 

“Don’t worry. I rented it.”

 

“This whole boat?!”

 

He nodded and I reluctantly followed him. Even though everything was so romantic, I feel like I was in a dream. It was too good to be true. So I did what I have to do. I slapped myself until I heard him laugh.

 

“Don’t worry. None of it is a dream,” he said with a smile. I smiled back at him, and he led me to the ship’s deck. I felt my heart leap when I saw what was on it.

 

Candles were lit forming a heart shape. The path was filled with heart-shaped balloons that said Forever Daragon. I laughed and gave him a kiss. It was very sweet of him to do all of that—the rose petals, the banner, the candles and the balloons.

 

“How did you manage to do all of this?” I asked. He grinned and said, “I've had a little bit of help.”

 

“Little?”

 

He bowed down his head and said, “Okay, fine. A lot.”

 

I grinned at him. When the clock struck midnight, fireworks lit the evening sky. I looked up and saw the lights of it form letters.

 

I didn't know fireworks could do that.

 

One by one the letters became clear.

 

Happy third year anniversary, Dara Park. Saranghae.”

 

I turned to Jiyong who was looking at me intently. He inched his face closer to mine until our foreheads touched. Tears were welling up and I had to blink rapidly to not let it fall.

 

“I love you, Dara. I truly do. Do you love me too?” he whispered.

 

My tears fell one by one as I said, “Yes, I do.” Then we kissed. We kissed like there was no tomorrow. Everything felt like a dream, but if it is, then I don't want to miss anything.



 

Dara and I spent the whole night eating, talking and holding each other. It was the only anniversary day I actually spent with her and I felt happy. Her smile was more radiant than before it could definitely melt anyone's heart.

 

I wish I knew sooner.

 

Will there ever be a day like this again?

 

When the morning came, I sent her to their dorm and said, “After the concert, go to the waiting room. I'll be waiting for you there.” She nodded happily and I left.

 

When the concert started, I saw her again, just like in my dream. But this time, she looked happy and contented. I felt happier too, knowing she's got that smile on her face. Dara was cheering on my parts and when I blew her a kiss, she caught it.

 

It was just a dream, isn't it?

 

But somehow, the nagging feeling didn't leave. So I knew I had to do what I felt right. And that was to make that smile stay on her face forever.



 

I went to the waiting room just like what Jiyong told me to do but when I opened the door, it was dark and I thought I heard him wrong. I looked over at the door's sign and I was sure it was the place Jiyong mentioned. I entered and while I was groping the wall to look for the light switch, the television .

 

It was Jiyong.

 

Jagiya, this song is for you.”

He then started to sing.

 

I'm just listening to the clock go ticking, 
I am waiting as the time goes by.
I think of you with every breath I take, 
I need to feel your heart be next to mine.
You're all I see, in everything.

All the fears you feel inside, 
and all the tears you cry, 
they're ending right here.
I'll heal your heart and soul; 
I'll keep you oh so close.
Don't worry; I'll never let you go.
You're all I need, you're everything.

No one else would ever do.
I got a stubborn heart for you.
Call me crazy, but it's true; I love you.
I didn't think that it would be, 
you have made it clear to me.
You're all I need.

I just wanna hold you, 
I just wanna kiss you, 
I just wanna love you all my life.
I normally wouldn't say this, 
but I just can't contain it.
I want you here forever, 
right here by my side.”

 

He just composed me a song. And it was the dearest thing he ever did for me.

 

So that was what he was doing when I saw him fiddling his video camera.

 

Saranghae.”

 

The lights and I saw him. The staff was there too, cheering for us. And in front of all the people in the room, we shared another kiss which made everyone sigh.



 

Dara and I went home after that. We were both tired and we fell asleep in the car. And when I opened my eyes, her head was rested on my shoulder and she was all-smiles. She must be dreaming right now.

 

But, our happiness was short-lived. When the clock struck on the time Dara died in my dream, I saw a truck coming towards our van in great speed. I knew that it was time. I hugged Dara and whispered for the last time, “I love you, Dara. I always do. Forever and a day.”

 

The last thing I heard was the sound of metal crashing and everything went black.



 

The Artist of the Year award goes to...GDragon of Big Bang!”

 

Everyone turned to our table and I went up the stage to get it. My hands trembled as I reached for the trophy and I reached for the mic. Tears were starting to fall as I said my speech.

 

“Thank you everyone. Thank you so much. He...he would be so happy he received so much love.”

 

My tears fell when the background music started to play.

 

'Coz I will still be there...

 

I will still be there.”

 

It was Jiyong who died on the accident. And I can't still believe it. The lyrics of his song Heartbreaker crushed my heart. Because no matter what I do, he won't be back, he won't be at my side. I remembered the day of our anniversary and I cried.

 

Will there ever be a day like that again?

 

My tears fell because I know it won't happen, ever again.