Junhyung Who?

A Nerd's Fanfic

 

Days passed and it’s already Yumi’s birthday. Sadly, her birthday was not a school holiday so she has to be in school today.
 
@ School…
 
Yumi was in the school library reading a book early in the morning. Just then, Jina came in to the library shouting Yumi’s name. “Omo! Yumi, where are you?” Jina shouted as she entered the library. “Ms. Jung Jina, this is the school library, not the market. Please be quiet” the librarian said. “Oh, sorry” Jina said as she bowed and continued to look for Yumi. She went to the book shelves but Yumi wan’t there. She searched at the last bookshelf and saw Yumi sitting on the floor, reading.
 
“yah! I have something to tell you” Jina said. “what is it?” Yumi asked. “Your fanfic just got accepted by MNET!” Jina told Yumi. “what? No way!” Yumi said as she couldn’t believe it. “yes! It’s true. They are in the principal’s office right now, let’s go” Jina said as she dragged Yumi with her to the principal’s office. “Sonsaengnim, Principal, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to trouble you with my fanfic” Yumi said as she bowed and apologized. 
 
“aigoo, it’s okay. No need to worry. It’s a great honor for our school if you will accept their offer” The principal said. “oh, I’m sorry. Annyeong Haseyo” Yumi greeted as she saw the CEO of MNET standing on her side. “good morning Ms. Kim. We’re here to ask you if it would be alright if we use your story to be featured on MNET” The Ceo said. “uhm. It’s fine, I guess. I.. Uhm. You can do anything you want. I.. I have to go. Sorry” Yumi said as she ran away quickly, Feeling embarrassed and unconscious at the same time. She doesn’t know what to do. After class, Yumi quickly got her bag and went outside.
 
 
Yumi’s POV
 
Omo! That is so embarrassing. Why did I leave the principal’s office like that? Aiish! I’m so stupid. Why did Jina send my Fanfic to MNET? It’s not that good anyway. Aiiish! I’m so frustrated! After the school bell rang, I grabbed my things and went out of the school. On my way out, I saw Jina. “ Yumi! Did you like my birthday present for you? I was the one who sent your fanfic” Jina said. “aiish! Why’d you send it?” I asked. “What? You’re not even happy?” Jina asked. “ I am happy but I.. uhm. My fanfic’s embarrassing. It made me look like I’m trying hard and fantasizing about Yunho and that I’m a loser” I told her. 
 
 
“yah! What are you saying? Don’t you know that there were lots of stories that were submitted too? You’re pretty lucky to have been chosen” Jina said. “maybe you’re right. But still. It’s pretty embarrassing” I said. “okay, forget about it for now. Let’s celebrate your birthday” Jina said. “ah, anni. I have something to do and somewhere to go. I’ll text you when I get home, okay? Bye” I said as I ran off.
 
Finally,  away from Jina. She can be really unpredictable. Maybe it’s also a good opportunity but when my classmates find out about this, I’ll be the laughing stuff again. Aiissh! So frustrating. I continued my walk over towards my grandma’s house but then someone accidentally bumped me and caused me to fall down. “Yah!” I said as my glasses broke too. “I’m sorry. Uhm. Would you please come with me for a moment” some one said as he dragged me. “wait! I cannot see anything” I said but he didn’t stop.
 
 We kept on running and I could sense that there were people following. Omo! Am I being held as a hostage? Omo! But somehow, I feel safe. I followed him. I guess I don’t have any choice at all. I couldn’t see his face clearly. Finally,We stopped running and I fell on my knees. We were on a field. It seemed very quiet. I like it. “where are we?” I asked him as I can only see his figure. “ I don’t know too.” He said.
 
“what? How can you not know?” I asked him in a calm voice. “ I’m sorry if I dragged you here. It’s just that my disguise fell of and people recognized me” he said. “oh, are you an actor?” I asked him. “No” he said. “oh.. okay” I said.
 
End of Yumi’s POV
 
Junhyung’s POV
 
I accidentally bumped into a girl while I was running. She looks like a nerd though, with her big backpack and large eye glasses. She was pretty cute in her own way too. “Oh. Uhm. Who are you, by the way?” the girl asked me. “Uhm. I am Junhyung” I said. I guess I could tell her who I was. I don’t even think she knows me soI guess that’s fine.
“Oh” she said. “uhm. And what is your name?” I asked her. 
 
“uhm. Me? I am Yumi. Kim Yumi” she said. “oh, uhm. So it’s getting pretty late. Do you want to go home now?” I asked her. “No, you can go though. I want to spend my birthday here. This place seems quiet and fun” she said. “what? It’s your birthday?” I asked her. “yeah” she said as she lied on the grass. “well, do you want me to sing you a song? I’m not much of a singer though. But I can rap” I told her. “really? thank you! I would love that” she said with a smile on her face. She’s so cute. “then I’ll sing you a song” I told her.
 
“Saeng-il chukhahamnida, saeng-il chukhahamnida
Saranghaneun Yumi-sshi,
Saeng-il chukhahamnida”
 
“wow, thank you” she said. “no problem” I told her as I lied next to her. “you know, your voice sounds familiar. My friend showed me a group. Uhm.. what was it? hmm. Oh yeah. It was BEAST. She showed me a video of them. I forgot the title but the lyrics were NOTHING BETTER THAN YOU. Somehow like that” she said as she sang that part. “oh, so you mean Beautiful?” I asked her. “yeah, yeah. That one” she said. “haha, so what happened?” I asked her. “well, I was watching the music video and saw an awesome guy rapping. He’s really good though. I like his voice. But my friend told me that he’s a snob” she said. 
 
Aissh, everyone’s a critic. I am not a snob. Well, maybe I am but yeah. Okay, I admit it. hmm. I wonder why I feel so comfortable with this girl. “so anyway, do you think he’s cute?” I asked Yumi. I guess she still doesn’t have a clue that I was Junhyung. “hmm. I guess so. He’s got the looks.” She said. I felt quite happy from what she said. “uhm. If you want someone to talk to, you can always text me. Do you have a phone?” I asked her.
 
 “yeah” she said as she gave it to me. I saved my number on her phone and we exchanged numbers. “let’s go now. I’ll take you home” I told her as I called manager hyung and he drove us to her house. “uhm. I’m sorry about your eye glasses” I said. “it’s okay. I still have an extra in my house. Thank you for this day” Yumi said as she went inside her house. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
How was it? hmm. Please comment ^^