Chapter 4

My Counsellor

Just to clear some things, the povs at the beginning of a new chapter is usually in the last pov of the previous chapter, unless stated otherwise. Ok i dont think that actually helped but hope you get it...even a 'lil? So unless you skipped the previous chapter, im sure you'd probably know that this chapter starts with sunggyu's pov.

Hehs anw hope you'll enjoy my not-so-awesome updates! And pls do comment!  ^^

 

“Yah! Why do you keep smiling to yourself?” I asked _____. Seriously if she didn’t stop that, the teachers would get mad at her. I mean, who the hell grins to themselves during a maths lesson right?

She glanced at me, grin never leaving her face.

“You’re not thinking of that red-haired guy are you?” That did it. She gave me a questioning look, no longer looking like a head-over-heels-in-love girl. “How did you… Did you see him?”

“I obviously did IDIOT.” She scowled at what I just called her. “Mom told me she saw you and him talking outside your house. She said you guys looked… cute together.” My face scrunched up, recalling just how jumpy my mom was being as she said those things. Dude seriously, would’t YOU freaking  find it disgusting  when your mom SPAZZES over a kid YOUR age?  Especially since she was being like “You saw that boy didn’t you?” and “He’s hot don’t you think?” bla bla bla...

Worse still, I could only nod and agree to her questions when I so desperately wanted to get out of listening to that crap. Besides, it’s not like that boy or guy could compare to me in terms of looks pssh.

What really did bother me was that disturbing feeling at the pit of my stomach when my mom told me what she saw.

I saw her writing something, well more like doodling, in her textbook. I nudged her, warning her not to get distracted. No response came. Peeking over her shoulder, since she was resting her chin on her palm, I could see something along the line of KIM YU-

“You two at the back, pay attention. And you young lady,” the teacher pointed at  _____ and continued. ”Sit up straight.”

Surprisingly, _____ obliged. However, the grin that returned to her face never failed to escape me. ‘Aish why is it bothering me so much?!’

Thankfully, the next period was a free period as there were no teachers to take over our English lesson. I took the opportunity to find out more about that guy. “Aren’t you gonna tell me anything?”

She smirked.  I groaned awaiting the suspense. “He’s nobody oppa. Just a cute guy who seemed interested in me.”

“If you think that way, why are y-“

“I know I’m acting like a lovestruck girl, but he’s too hot for me.” She shrugged.

“Well then you’d better stop, cause people are so gonna get the wrong idea.”

“Don’t worry oppa. I’ve got the feeling that he’s gonna be nothing but just a phase in my life.” She stated oh-so-dramatically.

I should’ve been assured by that but somehow, that faraway look in her eyes warned me not to just sit still about it. There it is again. That unfamiliar feeling in the pit of my stomach. Should be just my sibling-like concern for her right…?

Turning towards her once again, I saw that she had her eyes closed. “Must be sleeping again. Tsk tsk tsk this kid~”

YOUR POV

Aigoo why is Sunggyu oppa so curious to know about him? Could he feel threatened? Despite my closed eyes, I could sense that he felt bothered by the whole YuKwon matter. Why is that so? Can’t be that… Nah. No way.

“Must be sleeping again. Tsk tsk tsk this kid~”

See? He only sees you as a kid. He doesn’t like you that way. Please. Don’t flatter yourself girl! Hmm let’s think about… Oh right YuKwon oppa.

Playing at the arcade alone was boring so I went shopping HAHAH who am I kidding? I merely bought some band-aids can that even be considered as SHOPPING? Tsk. Moving on cause it was so boring *yawns* What else? zzz Oh I went to the movies next! The movie was enjoyable so thank god. What next?

Let’s see… Upon emerging from the cinema hall, a mob of red hair caught my eyes and just like a movie, our eyes locked with each other.

Typical right?

Nope. Not to me. Sure I continued checking him out when he looked away BUT the pessimistic me -as always- decided that he was too hot for me so I left without turning back. Not even once. But then... Oh god this tingling feeling in my stomach~

Sheesh stop it girl. He was too hot for you, and still is. He showed interest. So what? You can fantasise about him, just don't go overboard. He's JUST another guy, JUST another guy, JUST another guy... Gotta continue chanting that.

-----FLASHBACK-----

"Who's out there?" I called out into the darkness after hearing some movements outside the house. I should've ignored whatever that was, but I'm one hell of a curious kid. Besides, my instincts were telling me to wait. For a serial girl abductor on the loose yeah sure why not. Ok kidding. Lame. Anyways, I waited for any signs of life near me. It certainly wasn't Sunggyu oppa - he'd long gone into his house - so who could it be? Certainly not my parents either.

After waiting for like an eternity I finally spotted a silhouette emerge from behind the big tree on the sidewalk. It was hard to make out his features, but I recognised  the neatly-styled spiky hair almost instantly. I gasped, backing away a little, not quite believing my eyes. He spoke up, stuttering at first. "H-Hi... I-I am YuKwon. Kim YuKwon."

"..."

"Hope I didn't scare you too much." He started awkwardly. "I was just... I myself don't know what came over me. But hey, just know that I'm not a creepy stalker or whatever."

 'Yeah right not a creepy stalker indeed.' I thought to myself, not wanting to offend him. "H-Hi Y-Yu-" YAH WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! WHY ARE YOU STUTTERING?!

"YuKwon...sshi?" I tried again. I thanked my lucky star that it was nighttime, so he wouldn't be able to see the blush creeping up my face. Oh god why do I feel so hot?! "Ahah did you... follow me from the cinemas?" His response was a sheepish nod. 'Ok he's cute.'

The conversation took off from there, albeit a bit awkwardly. I found him really cute being all nervous and shy like that. Such a contrast to the bad boy personality he portrayed.

God knows how long we would’ve talked on the pavement, not even mindiing the breeze penetrating through our bones. I really didn’t mind it though.

Deep inside, I knew it had to end. For the day atleast.

His phone rang. I fidgeted nervously as he answered the call.

“Hey I gotta go now...” He hesitantly said as he ended the call. I nodded unsurely. “C-Can I h-have your phone number?”

-----END FLASHBACK-----

“Yo kid. Wake up. It’s break time.” I felt Sunggyu shaking my arm, not knowing that I’d heard him since I wasn’t asleep. I peeked an eye open. “Oppa you go ahead first. I’m going to the toilet first.”

He shrugged. “I’ll be with my boys then.” By that he meant his group Infinite, consisting of six other guys, of which he was the leader.

After doing my business, I went to the canteen, bought some food and went on to join Sunggyu. He seemed surprised to see me at his table. That changed though as he saw me trying to steal his food. He tried hard to defend it, telling me to eat my own food. He even stuffed them into his mouth as quickly as he could despite me warning him that he could choke.

Choke he did. As for me, I nearly jumped out of my skin.

The Infinite members must have thought it funny to let us know of their presence by slapping us both on the back. Oh yes they did it to me too. ME! A GIRL! Not that I minded though, despite me yelling “Yah! What was that for?!” at them. That was just to scare them off hahah. They immediately huddled together.

One of them, poor him, didn’t manage to escape from my revenge. He had thought that I wasn’t really mad so he had sat down beside me. First I acted friendly. He grinned in response. Then slowly I inched closer to him

…and a chorus of ‘ooohhh’ from the guys followed.

Dongwoo was left rubbing his forehead hardly trying to get rid of the aftereffect of my powerful flick.  For awhile he wasn’t being his usual hyper always-jumping-around-over-nothing self.

The other guys took their seats around the table. It became a little bit cramped, but nobody said anything. Probably because they didn't want me to feel like I was intruding their space, though I knew very well that I was. They were laughing at poor Dongwoo, fussing over him at the same time. I felt apologetic though I did it for fun. He kept insisting that he was fine, so I tried hard to let go of my guilt. I mean, I knew very well that it must've hurt. Trust me I knew the pain too well ; I'd flicked myself on the forehead countless times.

At that moment I felt really lucky. Most peple might've given up on befriending me, but not these guys. They spiced up my life every once in awhile. They very willingly became my friends, not caring about my bad girl reputation at school. They didn't even mind if the number of fangirls they had decreased due to them hanging out with me. They really were kind souls like that. Well I'm guessing Sunggyu played a big role in getting them to take the initiative to get to know me better. I'd forever be thankful to him for that. Sure having him alone as my friend was enough, but surely there's no harm in having more friends right? And the fact that they were six totally hot to-die-for guys? Heheh who doesn't like that hmm?
 

The rest of the day went by with me NOT getting into trouble with any teachers, which was very rare. Think I owed it to the guys. And also  thoughts of YuKwon. I tried not to get carried away while thinking about him. Deep inside though, I couldn’t wait to see him again. I know what I said, but I just couldn’t help it. Besides, did I not tell you that he was hot~?

For me, school ended fast that day. My shoulders slumped as the bells rang, signalling the end of it. Sunggyu gave me a puzzled look as he stood up and packed his bag. He asked what was wrong and why I wasn’t packing. I sighed.

“You know what’s waiting for me today right?” I pouted.

“Oh. It’s that counselling thingy right?” He sat back down, patting my hand. “C’mon now… Can’t be that bad right?” He grinned. “Look on the positive side. Who knows maybe you might feel better after telling somebody, apart from me, about the things that you aren’t satisfied with. And that person would hopefully let your parents know how you really feel. As a result, you won’t feel so frustrated with everything anymore.”

“Sheesh oppa you are just so good with words do you know that? Aigoo…”

He beamed, knowing fully well just how right I was. We left the class as soon as I was done packing. The guys joined us along the way. Their presence, once again, pushed my negative thoughts to the back of my mind. Sungyeol, the tallest and most childish out of the 7 even tackled me to the ground after Sunggyu took it in his pride to tell them the oh-so-great news of me not getting into trouble except in the morning. The rest of them gave him a warning look before he finally got off of me, offering his hand while rubbing his neck sheepishly thinking he'd just gotten into trouble. They all gave me a weird look when I took his hand while rubbing the dirt off my uniform. I then linked my arms with Sungjong, the youngest and sometimes feminine Infinite member. I laughed at their reactions. Apparently they were still not used to me laughing things off. Really though, when it came to them, I wouldn't be offended ever by any of their actions.

"Yah! Did I grow another head or something?!" I teased. They laughed along with me, nodding unnecessarily countless times like the fools they were, while I and Sungjong skipped back home.

 

It was 5.30 p.m. I was waiting for the counsellor at a restaurant with my mom.

It turned out that mom only had me come home straight just to ask me to help around the house abit, and also to give me more than enough time to shower and get ready. I felt kind of cheated but whatever.

Oh I didn't forget about that YuKwon guy. Just that when I parted ways with Sunggyu, I kept a lookout for him and well, he just wasn't there. I felt disappointed but there was nothing I could do about it was there?

Mom kept glancing at her watch while I sipped my drink, trying to get rid of my nervous feelings. I wondered about how my counsellor would look like, how I would be dealt with, what if I didn’t like him/her. Wait. Must be a lady cause mom and dad wouldn’t allow me to be alone with a guy for long periods of time surely.

“_____-ah, stand up. They’re here.” Mom urged me.

“They…?” My eyes automatically darted to the entrance of the resaurant as I anxiously stood up. My voice caught in my throat as the couple made their way towards us.

“Hello there _____-ah.”