Chapter 3

My Counsellor

Weird as it may seem, I would usually make up with my parents, more specifically my mom, after two or three days, and this time it was the former. It was just an unexplainable habit. Obviously though, I'd still rebel in own ways.

Like sneaking out of the house in the middle of the night, and also going to the movies without their permission.

For the sneaking out part, I'm actually not that gutsy despite my bad girl attitude always overpowering my good girl attitude. Sidetracking a bit, people who don't know me personally would think "Omo! You're such an good girl!" or "'Such an innocent face!" when they meet me for the first time. But say... mention cockroaches and their impressions of me would change. Accidental or not. They would either run away and be a scaredy-cat when approaching me,or just open their eyes wide in surprise then hang around me awkwardly. Typical reaction to me stringing a whole sentence of very 'innocent' words indeed.

Sidetracking over. So yeah, I totally wouldn't have done it if it wasn't for me waking up for no reason and thinking that I was obviously only gonna sleep in class the whole day, so why even bother going to school and have those annoying teachers nag their asses off at me for my unacceptable behaviour?

I had to tell Sunggyu somehow, so that he could make anything up to that witch as to why I wasn't present at school. Since my precious phone wasn't with me, I had to to make a personal visit to his house. Yes. At that hour.

I got out of bed lazily and grabbed a sweater to further protect me from the chilly morning breeze before sneaking out of the house.

Once outside, I dashed across the street, not wanting to pass out or freeze to death in the middle of the road, especially not in my teddy bear sleeping gown. Hell no way I'm too cool for that! So yeah, no thanks.

Upon reaching his front door, I pulled out the spare key his mother had given to my family, which, unsurprisingly, is always with me. I unlocked the door and turned the knob,stepping inside cautiously so as not to wake either of the residents up. Then I crawled my way up the stairs towards his room and thankfully, his door was open, so I didn't have to worry about NOT making a sound while opening it. Tiptoeing towards his bed, I smirked, a mischievous idea popping into my head.

His peaceful sleeping face was so adorable, with those slits in place of his eyes completely invisible (lol kidding). Girls would usually swoon over that or just pounce a drooly kiss on him, but certainly not me. In the name of fun, I'm willing to disturb his peace.

I put my hand over my mouth to block out my laughter as his face contorted with pain while rubbing his arms. However, when I couldn't hold it in anymore, I laughed out loud uncontrollably. He fell off his bed out of shock.

Oh! Did I tell you that I was on my knees on his bed when I plucked not one, but THREE of his arm hair?! So yeah, I laughed IN HIS EAR, hence the body gag.

"What the..." I heard him mutter to himself as he rubbed the sore spots on his body. I continued laughing at how he still hadn't gotten the idea that an 'intruder' was laughing her head off at his slow senses. What he did when he did realise it though totally caught me off guard that I had no time to avoid his bolster being thrown in my face. Sigh... my slow reflexes. Usually I would flare up at him, but the situation then was just too funny so I let it go, throwing it back at him instead.

He laughed along with me. I didn't hear him stop though. Next thing I knew, his hand was covering my mouth. His index finger was on his lips, indicating me to cut it out. I automatically did, praying hard that his mom hadn't heard us. Fortunately we heard no movements outside the room. Quite a surprise actually, considering that his door was wide open. He went to close it and we both relaxed. However, I tensed up a little when he glared.

"What did you do? And why are you here at this time?"

I giggled then told him about my purpose of being there. "As for the first question..." My hand made its way to his arm.

"OUCH!!!" He looked at me in disbelief. I was just about to crack up again when he pinned me down on the bed. "You freaking pulled out my arm hair to wake me up at this GLORIOUS HOUR  just to ask me to LIE for you?"

"Urm... Sunggyu oppa, volume down." I reminded him.

Nodding his understanding, he repeated his sentence in a hushed tone, cringing at the same time. When he was done, "Okay you can get off me now..." I mocked his tone. He looked somewhat taken aback, like he just realised our positions. Wordlessly, he obliged.

----------

NOONE'S POV

You smirked to yourself as you strolled out of the public toilet in your home clothes. While planning how to spend your day, you sat down on a bench and dumped your school uniform in your bag. When you were done, you counted your money, mind made up.

First would be the arcade, even though you knew how bored you'd be playing by yourself.

True enough, after playing for only half an hour, you headed for the shopping mall, making a mental note to always bring Sunggyu along. You randomly window-shopped and in the end only bought some band-aids to cover the wounds on your left wrist. Why only left? Cause you're right-handed, and had never thought of or attempted to slash your right wrist as well. Since you couldn't even grip a pencil, much less a penknife properly to even hurt yourself with it.

----------

You were waiting for Sunggyu impatiently near the school gate, bearing in mind not to let yourself be seen by certain people.

When he appeared, you frowned and pushed your way through the group of juniors swarming around him. Some of them backed away upon seeing you. As for the stubborn ones, they simply stood their ground, giving you dirty looks as you wrapped your arm around his, much to his delight. You dragged him away, only to have your way blocked by those girls. One of them, the supposed 'leader' of the pack, eyed you up and down. You immediately knew what she was thinking. You smirked.

"Tsk. If you're thinking of telling on me, go ahead... If you want your Sunggyu OPPA get in trouble, that is." You challenged.

 She didn't say anything. Only turned towards her friends. You could see that she was suppressing her anger deep inside. Seeing that she was thinking of a comeback, you asked. "Are we done now?" Without waiting for her response, you successfully steered him away from them.

A distance away from them you smiled sweetly at him. "Ice-cream... your treat?"

"Sure!" He replied, chuckling at how your attitude totally changed in a matter of seconds.

Your smile widened. Disentangling your arms, you started walking away. "Race you to the parlour!" You took off.

"Yah! This bag weighs a ton you know?!" He yelled.

"Yah Kim Sunggyu! Don't be such a grandpa!" You yelled back, not stopping your run, ignoring his "Kim Sunggyu?! Grandpa?! Aish that kid!"

 

“Oppa what did you tell that… witch?”

“I told her your parents called to inform my mom that you were sick.”

“And she totally bought that?!” You chuckled. You mumbled a 'thank you' to Sunggyu as he reached out to wipe away the ice-cream stain smeared on the edge of your lips using a napkin. 

"Of course! I'm THE Kim Sunggyu after all!" He boasted playfully. You rolled your eyes at that. Suddenly you noticed that his face turned serious. "Seriously though. Are you gonna keep doing that? You know, skipping classes and making the teachers..." He trailed off. You sighed.

"Yes I'm gonna keep being a bad student. I've got no problem dealing with their actions. I most certainly am not gonna satisfy just anybody, ESPECIALLY not that witch." You stated matter-of-factly. This time it was Sunggyu's turn to sigh.

Feeling guilty towards him, you scooped some of your favourite chocolate-flavoured ice-cream and placed it close to his mouth. "Say aahh~"

Sunggyu gladly accepted it and his face became cheerful again, savouring the melting substance in his mouth. Just like that, the almost tense atmosphere died down.

----------

"Bye oppa~"

He waved goodbye back at you as he began walking away. Suddenly he called out. "Wait what about your clothes?"

"Oh they won't be home. I'm sure of that ~"

True enough, what you assured him was true. Standing behind the door, you watched as he entered his house.

----------

SUNGGYU'S POV

"Wah! Refreshing shower that was!" I exclaimed to no one in particular. Emerging from the bathroom (fully-clothed, mind you), I waited for mom to come home, meanwhile drying my hair to ensure I wouldn't fall sick. Mom came back by the time I was done. With a huge grin plastered onto her face.

'Hmm... strange,' I thought. 'Ohoh! Could it be that she met a guy?!'

Wanting to , I sprang to the door, opening it within seconds. What I saw though, made me go "Can't be..."

She gave me a suspicious look. I spoke up before she could even approach me, obviously to feel for my temperature. "Mom you can't be serious! That was a freaking TEENAGER! A red-haired one at that!"