I fell in love with my best friend. Just now.

Like Parent, Not Like Child.

"So, how's school, dear?" My mom asked me as I got home from school.

"Well, tiring, as usual." I replied as I slumped down on the couch. It's 6PM and I'm quite exhausted. "And Riho dropped me here."

"As always." Dad said as he sat beside me. If you're wondering why I call them Mom and Dad, not Eomma and Appa, well it's because I'm just half Korean, and I'm used to calling them that, although my parents said I called them Eomma and Appa then.

"Why? Is there something wrong?" I asked Dad.

"Nothing. It's just that.. Riho's been dropping you here ever since freshmen." Dad pointed out.

"He's my best friend, what can I do?" I chuckled.

Suddenly, my phone rang. I looked at it, and it's Riho. "Oh, just a sec." I excused myself and stood up.

"Ya! Why are you calling?" I asked him.

"Well, my appa said we'll be coming over tonight. Tell your parents, okay?" He said. Before I could answer, he hung up. I turned around and went to the couch again.

"Who was it?" Dad asked.

"It's Riho." I replied.

"He just walked you home a while ago, and now he's calling again? Hm.." He smirked at me. I raised an eyebrow.

"Well, what did he say?" He asked again.

"Ah, ne! Uncle Minho said they'll be coming over. He wants me to tell you." I replied.

"Jinjja?" Dad gulped. I nodded.

"Well, I have to clean the house.." He panicked.

"I'll do it, yeobo. Calm down." Mom smiled at him. I watched them as I smiled, too. I wanted to have a love like theirs, just like fifteen years ago. Maybe I'll have one when I marry Mr. Kai. Ahi.

I sat down on the couch with Dad, then suddenly, the doorbell rang. I ran to the door and opened it.

"Chaeminnie!" Uncle Minho greeted me. I bowed to him, Aunt Yuri and Riho. They went inside and Aunt Yuri stopped in front of me.

"Chaemin-ah, this is for you." She handed me a bracelet. It's pink and girly, just like what I always wanted. I smiled and hugged her.

"Kamsahabnida, Aunt Yuri! I've been wanting this bracelet for long now. Right, Riho?" I turned to Riho. I was with him when I saw this bracelet at Hongdae.

"Really? Then Riho must be right." Aunt Yuri smiled.

"Hm?" I looked at her, then Riho.

"He was the one who picked that out. He said you really like that bracelet." She explained. I looked at Riho and I smiled.

"Really?" I .

"Y-y-y-ya.. Wh-wh-why not p-pick out th-th-the one you l-l-like?" He replied nervously.

I smiled wider and hugged him. "Thanks, Riho." It's the first time I hugged my best friend. Well, maybe it's because he always teases me, that's why I'm always mad at him.

"N-n-no problem.." He looked down. I led him to the couch as well and we had a family gathering. We talked about stuffs and all, until it was time for them to go.

"Thanks for your time, Taemin-ah. Next time, I'll bring the others as well." Uncle Minho said as he bid us goodbye. As they went out of the house, I called Riho and ran up to him. "Riho-ya!"

"What is it?" He replied.

"Thanks!" I smiled and hugged him again. This time, he hugged me back and even tighter.

"Okay, Riho-ya. It's time to go." Aunt Yuri said. We parted and I waved at him.

After receiving this bracelet, I might have realized that I didn't need to be married to a dreamy professor to have a love like my parents did. I just needed my bestest friend, Choi Riho.


"Riho-ya!!!" Chaemin called out as she came running to me.

"What is it? You're bothering me in this time of the morning!" I teased. Of course, I like her bothering and annoying me to death. Who wouldn't like it if the one you love just comes to you all of a sudden?

"Waeyo~? I just want us to go to class together." She replied. I rolled my eyes. And then again, she's just kidding. She does this all the time.

"Okay, kaja." I put my arm around her, as always. A lot of people even think that we're dating, because of our closeness. I liked it though, but I knew Chaemin didn't. So we walked to our room together, and sat on our chairs, which are beside each other.

Time passed by and in every subject, Chaemin always moves her chair closer to me. Now this is creepy. She wasn't like this before.

It's biology time and Mr. Kai came in. But still, she moved closer to me. Usually, she would just stare at Mr. Kai and not talk to me. I would usually poke her when she's too busy daydreaming.

"Ya, what's with you?" I whispered to her.

"Wae? I just miss being with my best friend!" She silently squealed.

"Yeah, more like 'I miss talking to you about Mr. Kai', right?" I scoffed.

"Now that's harsh, Riho." Chaemin said in a serious tone.

"What? Is it not true?" I turned to her. She looks really serious.

"You don't know anything, Riho." Then she turned away. She wasn't looking at Mr. Kai, but she just stared out the window.

Biology class ended and it was lunch break. Chaemin stood up and got out from her seat. I followed her outside and called her.

"Chaemin-ah! Wait up!" But she didn't even look back. I ran up to her and turned her to me.

"What do you want?" She exclaimed.

"What's wrong with you?! Why are you being like this? You're just so bubbly a while ago and now you're ignoring me! What happened?" I asked her.

"Why don't you ask yourself and leave me alone?" She was about to turn away, but I stopped her.

"Is it because of Mr. Kai?" I asked. She glared at me.

"Do you think it's always about him!?" She exploded. It's my first time seeing her like that.

"We've been best friends for many years now. When I was young, I even thought that we're made for each other. You always played with me, even on the weekends. When we grew up, you always dropped me home from school. You even help me with my assignments and projects. You're always there for me when I have problems, and even when everyone in the world hates me. Now tell me, Choi Riho.. Did you think I'd ignore all those things?"

I was stunned. I couldn't say anything.. What is she trying to tell me? I wanted to answer, but I couldn't. Tears flowed down her cheeks and she wiped them. She continued speaking.

"Last night, you came to our house. Your mom gave me this bracelet, and it was picked out by you. When I told you that I liked this bracelet when we were at Hongdae, it was a long, long time ago. Yet, you still remembered and gave this bracelet to me. I think.. last night was the time that I realized how much you meant to me, Riho. Maybe I really didn't need a perfect love life, that having you will be enough. I didn't know what you feel about me, but you being my best friend is just enough for me." She wiped her endless tears. "But you telling me off and even mentioning Mr. Kai just hurts me, Riho.."

"But.. what do you really mean.." I asked. I'm still confused.

"I love you, Riho, okay?! It's not Mr. Kai, it's you! Why can't you see that?" Chaemin cried harder. She slumped down, and I caught her. "I'm sorry for crying like this.. It's just that.. I don't even know if you like me or not, then you're pushing me away. It just hurts.."

I hugged her, not caring about the other students who are now watching us.

"Stop crying, babo." I fixed her hair.

"But.. I can't.." She replied.

"I know what can make you stop crying." I lifted her chin and looked at her. I wiped her tears and said,

"I love you, Lee Chaemin. I've been loving you ever since I became your best friend. I just couldn't tell you because you're always fantasizing about others, leaving me behind. But now, seeing you cry like that, I guess I gained enough courage to tell you that I love you, and I always will." I kissed her forehead and smiled. "Now, stop crying! Everyone's looking, see?"

"Ya! You're the one who made me cry like this!" She said as I stood her up.

"Arasseo." I ran my fingers through her hair. "I won't make you cry again. I promise."

She smiled and we walked back to our classroom.


[8 years passed..]

"Aigoo! So sleepy!!!" I complained as my mom woke me up. "Do we have to wake up this early?"

"Early? It's 6AM! You're an hour late!" My mom replied.

"Late?" I exclaimed.

"A bride takes a lot of time when getting ready. We have to fix your hair, do your make up, wear your dress, have some pictures taken, and etc." She explained.

"Arasseo, arasseo.." I got up and headed to the bathroom. I picked up my phone and I saw 3 messages from Riho. I opened the first one.

"I"

Huh? I? What's with I? I opened the third message, and it's says,

"You."

Hm.. I wonder what the second message says.

"Love"

The moment I realized it, I grinned and held my phone in my heart. I texted him back.

"I love you, too. <3"

"Chaemin-ah, stop smiling like crazy and wash yourself!" My mom scolded me.

"Arasseo!" I happily ran to the bathroom and closed the door.

So, yeah. I'm getting married now. I may not have the teacher-student relationship my parents had, but I'm sure to have a perfect love-life with my best friend/future husband, Choi Riho.


!