02

With Wings of a Phoenix

You furiously grabbed your backpack and threw some clothes in it along with your wallet. Sure, you and your new mom might fight and argue, but she still gives you money to take care of yourself. A lot of money, actually. You began searching for other important items you wanted to take with you, like your cell phone and ipod. You threw those in your backpack and left your room.

You mom stopped you before you could make it to the door. "Where are you going?"

"Out." You quickly slipped on your sneakers and opened the door.

"Be back before midnight." That was the last thing your mom said to you.

You took your time going to Myungsoo's apartment. Your mind was clouded with anger and you decided that you had to get away from all of this. There was no way you were going to be sent to some bootcamp for students. Right before you arrived at your boyfriend's place, you decided to run away from home.

You and Myungsoo don't go very far back. You met him shortly after moving in with your new mom. The both of you went to the same primary school and followed each other to secondary school. At a young age the two of you became best friends, there was nothing that could pull you apart from each other. Myungsoo had asked you to be his girlfriend towards the beginning of secondary school, and the two of you have been happily dating ever since.

And Myungsoo knew. He knew the changes that occured between you and your mom. He knew about the money she left with a note reading 'feed yourself.' He knew you never felt like you had real parents. He knew you were suffering inside, although you try to his it with your tough image. He wanted to help you; he wanted to make you happy.

You walked upstairs to Myungsoo's room and pulled out your keys. You're still surprised he had just given you the key to his place like it was nothing.

"You're really gonna give me the key?"

"I trust you. And besides," Myungsoo smirked, "If anything goes missing, I know where you live."

When you entered the apartment, Myungsoo was busy scribbling something in his notebook. Probably working on his homework, you though. You rolled your eyes at the mess of balled up papers strewn across the floor. Myungsoo had rich parents who gave him whatever he needed. He had a place to himself, money to live on, and a bright future. He was also perfect, fawned over by all of the girls at your school, even some of the boys. You've always wondered why he chose to be with you.

"Myungsoo..."

You boyfriend looked up from his work and smiled. "I guess things went well with your mom, seeing how you're back."

"I'm running away." You walked over to his couch and plopped yourself on it, you pretty much lived here anyways.

Myungsoo's mouth dropped for a second and he closed his book. He walked over and lifted your legs, when sat on the couch while you settled your legs on his lap. The two of you sat in a comfortable silence until you spoke up again.

"I'm serious." You eyed him, patiently waiting for a reaction. "My mom's planning on shipping me off to bootcamp tomorrow because I keep skipping school."

"Do you even know where to go?" Myungsoo watched you, worry filled his eyes.

You laced your fingers with his and sighed. "Does it even matter? I just need to leave before tomorrow."

"Think about this again."

You shook your head; you had already made your decision, and you weren't backing out. "Come with me. I don't want to be alone. And..." You blinked a couple of times and hoped you could convince him to run away with you. "I love you." There, you said it. After all the times Myungsoo's been saying it to you, you finally said it back.

Myungsoo looked at you with disbelief. You were the center of his world, but there was no way he was going to run away from home. It was too dangerous out there, even you knew that.

"I can't." Those two words left you speechless for a second. You knew Myungsoo loved you, but seems like you were going to be alone in the end.

You got up and brushed yourself off. "Fine, stay here. But if that's your final answer, then consider us done."

"What? Why?"

"You won't see me after today, right? Why should we keep dating?" You glanced at Myungsoo one last time before leaving his apartment. You had a long way to go. Myungsoo was probably going to slow you down anyways.

 

A/N: Well, here's where the foreward came from, in case anyone didn't figure that out. XD Yeah, the beginning's probably boring as hell, but just bare with me on this one!