03

With Wings of a Phoenix

You left the apartment complex with a heavy heart. You loved Myungsoo, he was always there for you. But maybe there were just some things he didn't have enough courage to do. Maybe he rather stay and go to school; maybe he rather have an education over having you. You didn't blame him, of course. There wasn't anything significant about you. You weren't smart, you skipped school, and you didn't have a job. But you were a pretty one. If looks could get you somewhere, maybe you'd find a modeling job or something. You decided to think about that later. After all, your journey had just begun. You were finally on your own, and your future was all in your hands.

-----

Myungsoo tried running after you when you left his apartment, but he didn't have enough energy to. He ran back upstairs and grabbed his phone, furiously dialing your number. 

I'm sorry, the number you're trying to reach-

"Damn it!" Myungsoo threw his phone against the wall, receiving an angry clank when it hit the ground. If he knew you were that serious, he would have tried to stop you.

-----

It was getting dark by now, and you still had no idea where you wanted to do. You stopped by a bus stop and looked at the map. Your finger landed onto Busan, the one place in South Korea you were familiar with other than Seoul. You patiently waited for the bus and hopped on, scanning your bus card. Freedom was less joyful than you expected it to be. 

You found yourself in Busan at night, walking past various shops and food stands. You felt your stomach lightly growl and decided it was time for dinner. Walking into a small restaurant, you took a seat by yourself. Across from you sat two girls squealing over some kind of event. 

"Phoenix Circus is going to be here by tonight!" You overheard one of them excitedly say.

"I can't wait. Have you seen the ringleader's new look? I would marry him in a heartbeat!"

You stopped eavesdropping when your order of ddukbokki arrived. Surely you were more interested in food than gossip. After you finished and paid, you left the restaurant and hurried to find an announcement board, hoping for job openings. When you finally found one, there weren't any advertisements for a job. Instead, colorful flyers that read 'Phoenix Circus' caught your eye. 

Phoenix Circus is coming to Busan!
Come watch our amazing ringleader as he reveals his new line of acrobats, clowns, magicians, and much more!
See you there!

You quickly tore off a flyer from the board, folded it, and tucked it neatly into your pocket. You'd probably go visit the circus tomorrow, since you didn't have anywhere else to go. You walked around Busan a bit more before you found a cheap motel to stay at. Sure, it was old and run down, but you had to save your money, and as long as you could sleep here, it was fine. You checked your phone to find thirty missed called from Myungsoo and two from your mom. Of course, Myungsoo always cared about you more. You turned off your phone and laid on the hard bed the motel offered. In the morning, you were going to find yourself a job. 

 

A/N: Sorry for the insanely short chapter, I was writting this chapter and it ended up being really long so I wanted to split it up but I had to find a good place to break it which caused it to become like this but the next chapter will be rather long l m a o sorry my thoughts are all jumbled. This is pretty much how my mind is 24/7. 

But on a side note, did someone say 'circus'?