Chapter 1

Near Perfection

 

 

WickedSoshi: Where are the previous chapters you ask? Well... after much though, Hideandseeker (previously known as Kyusunlover) had decided to revamp the entire story of Near Perfection. She recently asked if anybody wanted to co-author with her, otherwise the story would be on hiatus, so I agreed and here we are! Hope you enjoy the story, and it's a new style of writing!

 

Sunny's P.O.V

 

I leaned against my locker, sighing deliciously at the very sight of him. His hair, his eyes, his lips and smiles. Everything about him drew me in, invitingly, bewitching. My heart could flutter a thousand times before I had to tear my eyes away. It was ten minutes into lunch by the time I left the school grounds and walked my routine two blocks to McDonalds to ordered my usual fat-filled meal. And as usual, I groaned, forcing the last bit of oil-rich imitation meat and white bread into my mouth. I wasn't sure what drove me to eat and eat and eat, but it seemed natural for me, to fill my mouth and stomach with something that I knew would accumulate into fat. If it wasn't for my friends, I would probably be dead from bulimia or anorexia.

 

God. I knew I was fat. I didn't want it, obviously, but I was hoping that Lee Joon would see me for who I was, even though my outer appearance was almost, if not, the worst in the school.

 

I heard the door open, and smiled as my friends Taeyeon and Tiffany entered. I stood to greet them, but soon discovered that my had decided to cling to the chair for dear life. In other words, my fat was stuck to the chair. I struggled and moaned and groaned at the inanimate object, however, it refused to move. 

 

And if that wasn't bad enough--oh God, please kill me now--Lee Joon and his friends walked in. At the sight of me fighting the stupid chair, their laughter and cruel jokes resounded into my ears. I knew they knew that I could hear them, and that made it worst. Quick tears welled in my eyes and I sprinted out the door, the chair still remaining on my fat . If it wasn't cruel enough, I heard somebody from behind me, probably the Manager, yelling for me to come back with the chair. 

 

When I was far enough from the horrid place, I decided to sit down and catch my breath. Hey! What ill fortune that the chair stuck to my had become useful. Tiffany caught up to me a minute later and tried, in vain, to console me. She knew that her words could not mend the gaping hole inside my heart, but she tried anyway. I was grateful. Grateful that I had a friend like her. As I sat there, with Tiffany hugging me and telling me sweet things, Taeyeon came out after a few minutes, a look of anger and frustration adorned on her pretty face. 

 

She must have given Lee Joon a tongue-lashing barrage of words that he would never forget. Go Taeyeon, my girl! And then, at the thought of Lee Joon, my crush and dream boyfriend, my mind exploded in red hot raw emotions. I was pissed. I was angry. How dare he look down on me? I need something from him... revenge! 

 

"Tiffany? Taeyeon? Can I ask something from you--a favor?" 

 

They looked at each other, hesitantly, and then turned to me and smiled. "Anything for you, SunBun!" Taeyeon said. My eyes brimmed with tears again. Gosh it felt good to have friends like Taeyeon and Tiffany. Sometimes I wondered, aside from them being generously kind, why they were my friends in the first place. The two girls were drop dead gorgeous, smart, and popular. What could they get out of from hanging out with me? A fat girl who does nothing but eat and cause problems for them. 

 

I asked for their help, and they immediately agreed. 

 

There was another favor I had to ask. "And also," I shyly said, "can you please get this chair off me?"

 

***

 

We walked over to Tiffany's mansion--or more like, Tiffany and Taeyeon had to drag my overly exhausted, not to mention fat, body to the front porch and ask for help from the butlers and maids to drag me inside--and they locked me in a dark, but spacious room. For the next months all I did was eat, eat and eat... fruits and vegetables. Naturally, my body groaned and protested against the foreign food, but over time I grew accustomed to eating nothing but a thin lettuce leaf and protein shakes. After my dieting had progressed well, the exercises soon came and I literally shed a tear. I ran the treadmill until the cover worn down, jumped rope until they snapped in two, pushed my stomach to do that one extra sit-up, and boxed like a champ to make by body lean and fit.

 

Many months past, more than I can count, and I was on my way to being lean. However, as the next school year drew near, a dilemma cropped up: my wardrobe was not up to scratch. During the last few days, one of Tiffany's friend visited. She happened to be a fashion designer, and after hearing my story of love and revenge, she decided to help us out. And the rest was history, as we drove down in her Lamborghini and shopped at the most exquisite stores, purchased the latest and trendiest dresses, skirts and blouses. 

 

Hermes Paris. Versace. Christian Louboutin. Prada. Chenel. Louis Vuitton. Gucci. Suddenly, my wardrobe had the dream make-over. 

 

***

 

The first day of school. Here we go. Take a deep breath, Sunny. Take a deep breath. My hands quivered on the steering wheel of my Porche. What happens if nothing changed? Their reaction to the new me? Depressing thoughts flooded my mind and I found myself shrinking into the leather seat. Suddenly, a soft hand found its way to my thigh. I looked up.

 

"Take a deep breath," Taeyeon said to me. She smiled and then continued. "You've changed--for the better. Nobody can talk down on you anymore."

.

Tiffany then leaned forward from the back seat and patted my head. "Don't worry, SunBuns. We gotcha back!" 

 

I smiled sincerely, placed a hand on Taeyeon's and flicked my eyes to the rear-view mirror. I now sported long, natural auburn hair, trimmed and cut by a professional hired by Jessica. I had the faintest amount of make-up adorned on my face. I had never liked make-up back then, and still now, I hate the feeling of it on my skin. My white Gucci blouse looked stellar, hugging against my now curvaceous body. However, the eyes are going to be on my legs. My honey thighs, covered by my grey Chanel shorts, could drop jaws! I had no doubt about that. Casual attire. Just the way I like it. 

 

"I'm ready," I said and smiled to my two best friends, and at that, their figures disappeared--Taeyeon stepping out from the passenger door while Tiffany exited from the back. Loud cheers and whooping and whistles resounded in my ears. Suddenly, I was afraid again. I gathered my courage, pushed the door open and stepped out.

 

I was met by a vociferous silence, and found my lips quivering quietly. Had the transformation failed? Had leaving school for an entire year to diet and slim down been for nothing? Had Taeyeon and Tiffany's sacrifices gone for naught? Then, just as I was about to break down in tears, the entire student body exploded in an array of loud whooping and ear-splitting whistles. I glanced to my left and saw Taeyeon and Tiffany clapping along with the students. 

 

Smirking, Taeyeon and Tiffany pathed a way as I followed behind. The school double doors came into view, and pushing it inside, I stumbled into Lee Joon's arms. I could see his eyes go wide in surprise, and that devilish smile adorning his lips. 

 

"Well, what do we have here? New girl, you're not too bad," he said. 

 

I threw him an incredulous glared and replied, "This is one girl you're not going to get!" I attempted to pivot around him, to rejoin Taeyeon and Tiffany who were ahead of me, in the hallway. A hand from one of his friend, Thunder, dropped onto my shoulder casually, as if to make a weak attempt to stop me. Without looking, I dropped my shoulder slightly and his hand slid forward. I grasped onto his wrist with both hands, flicked his lead foot from under him, and threw him over my shoulder, slamming him audaciously onto the floor.  

 

Adjusting my blouse, I strutted away from Lee Joon, a look of shock on his face, his friends and Thunder who was sprawled out on the floor, pale in the face from having air rushing out of his lungs faster than he could breath in. 

 

I was back. And nobody was going to bring me down.

 

***