A Lovely Walk to School

Tell Me Your Wish ★ [discontinued]

Mi Sun was sleeping inside her lamp when she heard some loud noises outside.

"Okay... what the hell is going on?" She grumbled waking up before coming out of her lamp. "Jongwoon, what the hell is with the noise? I'm trying to sleep." She yelled only to see him putting on his school uniform's jacket.

"Uh, I have school." Jongwoon answered buttoning up his jacket.

"School?" She tilted her head in confusion and in a split second she was right in front of his face.

"What the heck?!" He exclaimed, jumping back a few feet.

"Hey, can I please go to school with you?" She asked eagerly.

"Why?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I want to see how the times have changed." She answered with a bright smile. "What is this now, the 21st century?" She asked and he nodded.

"Yeah but why couldn't you have explore the world last night if you're so curious about this century?" He muttered.

"I need to catch up on my beauty sleep." She answered.

"Beauty sleep? Aren't you being a narcissist?" He raised an eyebrow at her and she shrugged. "Besides, what happened to a few decades of being inactive as a genie? Couldn't you have caught up on your so-called beauty sleep then?" He questioned her.

"Why don't you try sleeping in a lamp that's rocking back and forth? It feels like an earthquake when that happens! So how could I not stay awake when that happens?" She reasoned.

"That is true..." He muttered with a nod.

"So can I please come with you?" She asked. "Please? I'll grant any wish you want!" She added and he gave her a look.

"Don't you already do that?" He asked and she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah but please? I won't annoy you, I promise!" She begged.

"Sure." He answered with a slight groan.

"Thanks!" She gave him a hug before grabbing her lamp. She then shrinked it down to the size of a charm on a keychain and handed it over to Jongwoon. "Here, travel-size for your convenience." She said.

"Cool." He put the miniature lamp into his pocket.

'I was hoping for a thanks but... I guess Jongwoon letting me go to school with him is good enough.' She thought with a frown and he noticed it.

"What are you sad about? I'm taking you to school with me, aren't I?" He asked her and she smiled.

"Oh, nothing~! Let's go!" She lied, grabbing his wrist and dragged him out of his room.

"Slow down! I need my book bag!" He said, pulling her back before putting his book bag on over his shoulder.

Soon the two were exploring around the city.

"Wow! The times have changed so much." She said with marvel as she took in the sights.

"By the way, where were you the last time you did your job as a genie?" He asked.

"Well..." She took a moment to think. "I think back in the States when I had a hippie for a master." She answered.

"60s are nice." He nodded with some slight interest.

"Hey, are there still hippies around here?" She asked.

"Look around and try to find peace signs, tie-dye colors, and psychedelic stuff." He used his hand to gesture towards everywhere.

"Oh, I see." She said. "Finally, women are wearing pants now. It's somewhat sad when you're living in times where all women wear are skirts and dresses." She muttered.

"Well, at school, girls are required to wear skirts for the uniform so get ready to be sad." He said and noticed that she stopped in front of a place that sells televisions.

"And TVs have gotten thinner." She said as a music video was playing on all the screens.

"You really want to take in all the sights, do you?" He chuckled, coming up to her.

"So this is the world's idea of music? I've heard better stuff back in the 15th century." She shook her head with disapproval as she watched the music video.

"Hey, everybody has their own opinions. I'm not going to debate with you."  He said. "Although, I rather listen to Girls' Generation and f(x) compared to traditional instruments." He whispered in her ear and she pushed his face away.

"Shut up!" She muttered. "And stop talking to me now. People are thinking that you're insane right now." She added turning her attention back to the music videos and he turned around to see people staring at him.

"Move along! There's nothing to see here! Shoo! Shoo!" He said trying to dismiss people with his hands. Then the people walked away while muttering words such as weirdo, loser, strange one, etc.

"What nice people." He muttered with a scoff as he walked off to school. Unfortunately, his genie was too distracted to notice that he was gone.

"Eh, I don't really like this century's music but at least the videos were entertaining." Mi Sun said when she took her eyes off the television screens and noticed that one person was gone. "Huh, where did Jongwoon go?" She wondered, scratching her head.

"Jongwoon!" She called, looking all around the places in Seoul and soon she found him at an alley about to get beat up by two buff-looking guys. "What the..." She furrowed her eyebrows as she floated closer to the situation that was right in front of her eyes.

"Give us your wallet now!" One yelled, raising a fist in the air.

"And I said no!" Jongwoon replied blocking his face in case he might get punched.

"Boy, you're asking for it, aren't you?!" The other buff guy yelled as he sent an uppercut towards Jongwoon's gut. Jongwoon then kneeled over, holding his gut.

"Ow... that's gotta hurt." Her face cringed when she saw the impact. Then she swiftly grabbed her lamp out of his backpack and returned it back into its normal size. She then raised her silver lamp over their heads.

"Don't you dare put your filthy hands on my master! I need him alive!" She yelled as she whacked their heads. One of them was already knocked out and the other had a severe headache as they fell onto the ground.

"Huh?" Jongwoon wondered as he saw the two fallen guys before looking up to see Mi Sun with her lamp in her hands. She then shrinked the lamp back to the size of a keychain and put it back into his pocket.

"Let's go before anyone of us get into more trouble!" She grabbed his wrist and dragged him out of the alley.

"I second that!" He agreed with a nod. "Now let go of me and let me drag you to school!"