sequence 1

LOVE BITES 하드
sequence 1! introductions

"Oh my god" Kaira whined. "Who is that damn chipper in the morning" They had arrived at the airport about fifteen minutes ago ( clumsily, due to Kaira's sleep-induced walk ) and after a ten minute lecture from Gabby she had left her to go get them some food to satiate themselves ( mainly Kaira ) while waiting to board their plane. She wanted to at least look around, since she was up now but Gabby's fierce gaze and warning made her think better. 'Damn her for treating me like a child', Kaira thought as she sat in her chair watching the people around, looking as pissed as ever. That's when she noticed the small energetic family not too far from her.

The new bane of her existence.

Their happy energy clashed violently with Kaira's morning attitude even though they were a good 40 steps away from her. Their five children, yes five children were loud and rambunctious, running to and fro. Their stocky parents animatedly talking on their own phones, one of them taking the job of shushing the small one at intervals. She got a headache just from watching them

Her hand went to massage her badly throbbing forehead, hoping it would soothe her a little bit. 'Did we even pack aspirin? . What did we pack?' Her mind drew a complete blank. All she knew about were her and Gabby's clothes. Suddenly her phone buzzed in her pants pocket making her jump quickly in surprise. She took it out to inspect it, hoping the curious stares of the other soon to be passengers would go away. "I wond-OH!"

Her face lit up instantly and her heart rate increased. It was him! He hadn't emailed her since yesterday evening and she was getting kind of worried. She quickly opened the email and read it as if she was just given the most intriguing book in history.

From: YG

To: KAIRA

Yeobsaeyo! Aha, even though we're technically not on the phone. How are you? I know you woke up early this morning, and we all know you're not a morning person. It's night right now, and I waited excruciatingly through my business affairs so I could speak to you. Always so busy! Tell me when you arrive in South Korea. Anneyong. 

P.S. Be good kkk

      

She reveled in the message for a while, her mind already thinking up ways to reply. She'd been talking to YG for a year now. It started off as a 'i'm from a different country..let's compare them' and was now more so as a 'long-distance friend.' She'd never seen a picture of YG, only pictures of where he goes..scenery and what not or just something interesting he wanted to show her. He'd been enthusiastic about hearing she'd be relocating to Korea due to landed a job as a dance instructor and Gabby as a Translator. The prospect of meeting him up close and personal excited her but also made her second guess their friendship. What if it turned out that they were completely different people?    

"Kai?"

Kaira snapped out of her thoughts, looking up to see Gabby giving her a strange look. In her hands were to perfectly cut sandwiches from god knows where, but that looked and smelled good to Kai. "Oh..oh, I'm fine. Give me a minute I gotta finish this text." Gabby nodded sitting the sandwich on Kai's lap as she sat next to her.

"We should call Hana soon too" Gabby started as Kai finished her reply and put her phone back in her pocket. "We're about to go on a ten hour flight and I want to make sure she's there when we get off, you know how she is." Kaira nodded laughing. Hana had been their best friend since the beginning of middle school, they were always together. Between the three of them they had a lot of hilarious and embarrassing stories and they all felt connected. No one knew them as much as they knew each other. However, Hana had relocated to Seoul for school and that had been since last year. 

All of them were so excited with the new arrangements. Kaira and Gabby would stay with Hana in her apartment. It was big enough for the three of them to live and play around together like old times. There would be enough income due to all of them having jobs, but Hana would be away more do to college, while Kaira and Hana are taking online courses.

Kaira's body jittered with anticipation, she couldn't ask for anything more. Seeing her best friend and a chance to see her penpal? The only thing stopping her now was the plane ride, and from what she could see the bane of her existence was to board the same plane as her.

It was going to be a long ride.

"Open Sesame"

"Kaira-"

"Open the up-"

"Kai-"

"I'm gonna stab this door"

"Kaaaaiii-"

"What kind of door is this"

"No, Kai seri-"

"Rood-"

"Really-"

"That's door backwards too. Everything makes sense. Doors are evil"

"Okay, first of all rude is spelled r-u-d-e" 'Nuh-uh, if it's really rude it's rood, like how if it's really poor it's poo because they can't afford the r in poor' Hana stared at her jetlagged best friend for a few minutes, wondering what exactly was wrong with her. She'd picked them up from the airport about an hour ago and they were just now climbing the steps to their apartment. Kaira had gone up first with the majority of her suitcases ( stuffed animals, jewelry, cosmetics ) and Hana had quickly followed after her to make sure she didn't stumble and break her neck going up the stairs. 

They arrived at the door marked '122' and while Hana was fumbling, trying to find her keys, Kai's jetlagged brain had decided to open up the door...without physical movement. "Rightttt, I'm gonna open the door so you can lay down for a while" Kaira muttered a barely audible sentence before picking up her luggage and walk into the apartment after Hana.

Kai looked around at the landscape, a bored look in her eyes. "This is nice. I expected something smaller, but I'm tired right now so If I'm not enthusiastic that's why"

Hana chuckled, moving to open up the curtains. "That's fine, your  room is down the hall second on the right"

Kaira nodded, following her directions before kicking open her door lightly. "Oh my god Hana is this zebra print or am I going crazy" Gabby had entered with more suitcases, eyes questioning Hana who only smiled and replied. "It's Zebra Print" There was a few thuds and a rush down the hallway before Kai's head peeked from the side, staring at her two best friends. "I love you"

"Ah, we're in Korea"

"Saranghae"

Kai disappeared again down the hallways and Gabby laughed at her childish antics. "I'm gonna check Gabby's room for all that pimp purple she wanted" Kaira shouted.

"It's not pimp purple!!!"

"Why don't you wear your new heels?" Gabby teased, pointed at the unattended box hours later. Kaira and Gabby had woken up okay for the most part, maybe still a little tired. They refused to stay in bed longer than they had too, or as Kai put it 'In my freaking amazing room' . They were both in Gabby's bedroom which was decorated purple and white to her liking.

"Number 1, too lazy" Kaira started, shimmying her skirt over her behind. "Number two, we're in South Korea. If you haven't noticed the men here aren't exactly tall like in America. I don't want to be a skyscraper" Gabby chuckled at her, buttoning her jeans. "So you are interested in the men here!" Kaira muttered a shut up in response causing Gabby to laugh.

Hana entered the room, one hand holding up a heap of her hair into a makeshift ponytail the other trying to succesfully get the tie around her hand. "Are you guys almost ready? It's not like we're meeting the president, just put something on." Hana chuckled at the 'no, really?' looks they had given her and tied her hair into a mess ponytail. She then smoothed out her button up shirt and her black skinnies. "Let's go, go, go!" She jumped up and down to show her enthusiasm but the other two girls went about their business getting ready.

"I'm going to be 26 by the time we leave" Hana muttered, going through a random suitcase and pulled shoes for the both of them. "Now put them on so we can gooo~"

"So what do you think if Korea girls?" Hanuel looked between her two best friends as they walk down a street. 

"I'm thinking I'm not going to be able to find clothes here" Gabby deadpanned, Kaira nodding as well.

"Oh don't worry guys. Just because you have more meat on your bones doesn't mean you can't find anything to fit you!" Hanuel huffed, slapping both their butts for good measure. Kaira whined while Gabby rolled her eyes, this was completely normal.  

"The girls here are so skinny and petite though~" Kaira pointed out, dark brown eyes looking over the civilians. They're all so cute, like Hana. Kaira self consciously pulled down her mini skirt in the back.

"I wonder where YG is." Kaira muttered, thoughts going back to her earlier email. 'He could be anywhere here, I wonder when we're going to meet.' Suddenly she felt a sharp pain on the side of her head and turned to see what had caused it only to met with the innocent faces of her best friends. "You guys are devils in disguise. I don't want to play chaperone today kiddies~"  Kaira began speeding up her walk almost bumping into another person.

She stumbled back but quickly regained her balance, eyes immediately looking towards the person she hit.  He had a very lean body, his attire looked to bea school uniform. His face was young and defined and one of his eyes was covered by a bang, the visible eye had eyeliner on it which blended well with his dark eye color. 'Handsome,' her first thought. 'Highschool?' her second thought. She heard the small 'ohs' and 'ahs' from her easily entertained friends and decided they didn't need to stick around any longer than they had to. She quickly put on her most apologetic face she could do. "Jwesonghamnida"

The gorgeous man stared at her for a minute, making Kaira uneasy. 'What the is his problem?' She was about to voice her thoughts but the man sighed. "Be careful next time" His eye bored menacingly into hers as if conveying a warning and he abruptly went past her and on his way.

"Wow. He was really something..."

 'I hope we see him again"

"Wait don't you live here?"

"Do you think I see something like that walk down this street everyday?"

"Good Point."

"Guys, focus. Don't waste time on a jerk." Kaira rolled her eyes at his quickly disappearing form, and moved to grab her lovestruck friends by the hand. " Hana. I'm hungry. Feed me"

"Ohh need to feed your new hunger?" Hana teased, Gabby on the opposite side of her wiggling her fingers. Kaira muttered a shut up causing them both to laugh obnoxiously. Hana chuckled before becoming more serious. "Fineee. There's a place I wanted to take you guys to. Luckily it's not far from here"

"This coffee looks so beautiful, I'm afraid to it up by tasting it" Gabby sighed, inhaling the aroma from the beautiful decorated cup before her. Hana had taken them to Cabae Duream for coffee and cheesecake, the foreign girls pleasantly supervised by how quaint it was. Hana had decided to sit them outside for a better experience. She knew they would enjoy it, she loved this place. It was quiet, to itself and have a great view of western Seoul. Hana laughed at Gabby, picking up her fork and taking a piece of her cheesecake before popping it in . Across from her Kaira had already wolfed down half of her piece and sipped her coffee leisurely. "Just go ahead. If you want to have it's beauty forever take a picture" The other two girls snorted at Kaira's words.

"You could put these really cheesy quote on it-" Hana started, eyes looking up at the sky before speaking again. "Maybe one like, I've always missed you, even though you don't think of me~" Hana said this with a soft and delicate voice, making Shakespeare like gesticulations. 

"Or or" Gabby interjected, having just finished a peice of her cheesecake. "Love knows no bounds, but my heart has binds" She touched her heart at the last bit, linking hands with Hana as they went through their episode.

Kaira laughed at their antics, taking Gabby's hands. "You guys are getting too creative, all you have to do is slap an 'I love you' on there and you've got a work of art"

"Oh I didn't know you know so much about love, Kai" Hana eyes her best friend from across the table,  Kaira fidgeting from her sudden scrutiny.

"She knows about love, she's done plenty of stuff-"  Gabriella  said nonchalantly taking a drink from her cup. Simultaneously Kaira almost upchucked her own but it subsided quickly.

"GABRIELLE! Don't talk about my business so loud~!" Hana and Gabby snorted at her seriousness, causing Kaira to stick out her tongue.

Kaira now lounged comfortably on her bed, flipping through Korea's channels utterly bored. She rolled over onto her stomach to get more comfortable, mashing the channel buttons profusely until her eyes caught sight of one of her favorite groups. "Ahh! B.A.P!" She almost yellled but quickly covered . Hana and Gabby were sleeping right now, waking them would be like World War 3. She quickly got up and tiptoed over to her door and closed it as quietly as she could before going back and jumping on her bed.

They were performing Warrior, her favorite of course and she watched their performance with excitement. Suddenly a large rumble broke her trance and she looked over to side table seeing her cell phone jump with every vibrate. Kaira crawled over rather lazily, and spent the better part of 10 seconds trying to reach for it without getting up. 

She sighed and got up, seeing who was calling.

YG.

'HOLY. YG IS CALLING ME. WAIT WHAT. WHY IS HE CALLING ME. HE NEVER CALLS ME. WHAT DO I DO.' She paced the room, the chorus of Warrior going off in the background. "Okay, get it together. You're Kaira. ...this is nothing..."

"Hello?" She cursed herself inwardly at how timid she sounded. 'Really Kaira? Really?' However her mind focused on the sound of feedback from the other line. There was a lot of shuffling and some talking that she couldn't make it out. Her embarrassment etched away and slowly became replaced with anger. Who calls someone and doesn't even answer? "HELLO" She tried again, even louder this time.

"Ah, babo. You're in Korea now, speak Korean" A deep voice answered her back, giving her shivers. "You're supposed to say 'Yeobsaeyo YG Oppa!' So disrespectful~" She could tell he was teasing her, but her emotions were going a little haywire due to his deep voice. A minute had passed and Kaira was still in her own little world. "Eh? Kaira?"

She finally snapped out of her fantasy land, immediately replying. "You wish. Calling you oppa makes me feel like you have some weird , and you! You're disrespectful, how do you call someone and not answer!" It was silent for a while but she heard his deep chuckle loud and clear.

"Arasso, mianhae" He started, and Kaira's heart melted a little but was completely lost at his next words. "Did you enjoy that? That's the only time you'll ever here me say that" He laughed loudly, the shuffling of his feet could be heard too. Kaira rolled her eyes at him, thoroughly used to this. "Oh! Is that B.A.P I hear?"

Kaira smiled, moving to plop back on her bed. She could here YG start to mumble some of the lyrics. "You sound kind of like Bang Leader. Aha, you should use that to your advantage and mess with people" She chuckled into the phone, saying some of the words herself.

"I do don't I? Mollayo, messing with people is mean Kai~"

"Whatever. I bet you do it"

"So you like B.A.P?" She nodded, but remembered she was on the phone and answered verbally. There was a pause on his end before he began speaking. "Who is your favorite?"

"Auhmmm. Yongguk." She started, not noticing the sharp intake of breathe on the other end. "He seems pretty cool and I really like his voice. I mean I really, really like his voice. Everyone else in kpop kind of has light voices so it was refreshing to hear such a deep gruff voice like Yongguk's. Kind of reminds me of the music back in America. He looks very mature but can still be funny and friendly. Oh I'm sorry I talked too much" She stopped, suddenly feeling embarrased. "You're cool too YG"

"No it's okay and thank you. It's cute hearing you talk like that." There was an odd silence on his end of the phone, but it was quickly replaced by soft Korean words in the background from someone else. "Oh?" She heard YG's raspy ask, and the voice was heard again but it sounded a little irritated. "Calm down, I heard you" He answered, and he shooed the person away, but the person seemed to want to be loud in retaliation.

"Hellloo?" Kaira said unsteadily, but am abrupt sound of a slam from the reciever shut her up.'I wonder what's going on'. Suddenly Yongguk's deep voice could be heard, albeit a little out of breathe from the recent struggle. "Kaira, would you like to meet tomorrow?"

"Huh?" Kaira's brain had shut down momentarily, of course she'd been waiting for this but being in the moment itself was still shocking. She coughed to save herself some embarrassment and rolled on her bed to make it seem like she was doing something important. "I mean, okay. Where?" She grabbed a pillow to steady herself.

He paused as if thinking before speaking again. "Did you go anywhere specific today?"

"We did go to a place called Cabae Duream, do you know where that is?"

He answered quickly, but Kaira took that as more so being 'relieved' than excited. "Ne, how about me meet there at 5? I would meet earlier, but I have a lot of work to do. Just ask for YG okay?" She smiled at his cuteness, even if it was said with such a deep voice it was still adorable. 

"You and your work, take a break one day or you'll get old early" He whined but Kaira cut him off. "Anyways, alright. That's fine with me"

There was banging on the door now, and YG sighed, clearly aggravated. "I have to go, I'm excited to see you tomorrow Kai, and be sure to call me YG-oppa when you see me~ Anneyong" He , before adding a click from his mouth at the end before the line went dead.

"Anneyong" Kaira rolled her eyes at his antics, placing her phone on the other side of her bed. Tomorrow was going to be interesting.

 

If you're wondering about their apartment, here's a loose idea of what it looks like. I just imagine more color and obviously a bigger TV for the three of them.

http://trendhousedesign.com/simple-and-modern-apartment-interior-design-with-open-floor-plan/