Epilogue

A Lifetime Contract

Epilogue

Yuri was relieved being back to her old self. With her just-got-up-from bed hair style, her bright red lipstick, her skimpy dress paired with her killer high heels, Yuri felt secured once again. She has always believed that covering herself with a strong image covers her weak heart. She promised herself that she’d only take her luggage and herself to America, leaving behind all her memories and emotions for the only man she ever loved.

She confidently strutted on the airport ground and when someone called her, “Jung Yuri!”

What the heck!? Who would dare call me by that name when the whole world already knows that my marriage is a failure.

She turned around to look for the source of the mockery just to find out it was Yunho, with his usual poker face and cold demeanor.

“O… Op - … Yunho Op-… Yunho ssi,” Yuri took a mental note to give herself a good beating for always being like this in front of Yunho. “Yunho ssi, what are you doing here? Did I forget something?”

“You forgot this,” Yunho held Yuri’s trembling hand and opened her palm. He placed a red box on top it.

Yuri opened the box and was disappointed to see that the cake she baked was only half-eaten, “It doesn’t taste good, isn’t it?” She smiled embarrassingly as she scratched her head with her point finger.

Yunho raised his eyebrow and gave Yuri a piercing look, “Why don’t you eat it so you would know?”

Yuri obeyed. She peeled off the foil from the remaining chocolate cake and took a small bite. The cake was not only soft and moist, there was also a good balance of sweetness and bitterness on it. Judging by her taste, there was nothing wrong with it. But knowing Yunho, he wouldn’t come all the way here just to give her the cake and not complain about it so Yuri put the rest in . She had her taste buds working, trying to find what was wrong with the cake, until there it was, something hard against her teeth. She haven’t finished chewing yet when she told Yunho, “Yunho ssi, I’m sworry if I didn’t sift thwe cocoaw powder well. Dwid you chew a bwig one?” Yuri realized that the big bit of cocoa powder she was talking about is beyond what her teeth can manage so she ungracefully spit it out on her palm.

In spite of the chocolate bits and other particles covering its glimmer, it was the most beautiful diamond ring she has ever seen in her entire life. She cleaned the ring with the fold of her dress and handed it to Yunho, “Yunho ssi, this must be yours, for Ara.”

Yunho smiled and knelt down in front of Yuri. “Pabo! It’s for you. Do you know how difficult it is for me to put it there!?” He reached out for Yuri’s hand and said, “Will you, Jung Yuri, let me woo and love you from now until forever?”

“Yunho ssi, have you forgotten that I’ve already signed our divorce paper? You’re in no way obligated to do this.”

Yunho gave her the crumpled divorce paper from his pocket. Yuri studied it and it was the same as it was before she left…. with her signature but none of his.

“You broke the deal! You even left without finishing the last day of our year together,” Yunho argued as his knee started shaking.

Yuri was speechless and so does her tears.

“Yah! Mrs. Jung Yuri! Are you giving me a chance or not? My knee is hurting me already!?”

Yuri wrapped her arms around Yunho’s neck and whispered to him, “Yunho yah, you know I’d say yes. You know that I’m so easy when it comes to you!”