I

Eternal Trial

Thank you to the people who voted.

Tag at least 3 people to share this story with other people to help save more idols before their souls get lost...

Results of the votes from the last round:

No - 2

Yes - 1

Jahoon won't be going inside Eunseo's apartment...

—----------------—----------------—--------------

You know what? Maybe it would be better for me if I didn't go inside or else The police would come and just arrest me, thinking that I was tampering with the evidence. I walked back to my apartment and was greeted by the rest of my tenants.

Taeyong: What is happening out there? What is all the ruckus about?

Ryujin: Yeah! We saw you talking with the police. Nothing bad happened to you, right?

Jahoon: Nothing bad happened to me but... Eunseo is dead.

Everyone expects Jahoon: Wait what?! Eunseo is dead?!

I nodded sadly. No one could believe what had happened. Neither could I even though it happened right in front of me. I looked at my hands and saw them shaking violently. Seems like the scare has suddenly gotten to me. I excused myself and went to my room, locking the door behind me. I sat down on my bed and tried to gather my breath again. I didn't even realize that I was holding my breath. Why did I have a feeling that Eunseo's death had something to do with that weird spirit that kept showing itself to me? But there is nothing logical about this at all. I stood up and walked over to my window, wanting to open it when suddenly I saw a figure in an all-white outfit with a white robe covering his face, making me unable to see who it was. It kind of looked like the same figure I saw when looking up after seeing Eunseo lying in front of me. It was standing where all of the police officers and the crowd was standing not long ago but now everything was gone. I rubbed my eyes to make sure that it wasn't just my imagination but everything was really gone and now included the white figure.   

I rubbed my eyes to make sure that it wasn't just my imagination but everything was really gone and now included the white figure

Jahoon: That can't be right... Police investigation won't be completed this fast. That can't be right...

I ran to the door and unlocked it before running downstairs to where it all happened. I still remember clearly all of the blood that was lying underneath and around her but when I got to the place where Eunseo landed, there was nothing at all. Not even any blood residue was left on the floor.

Jahoon: How is this possible? There is no way that it would be cleaned up fast like this...

I made my way back up to my apartment and was greeted by the rest of my tenants once again.

Wohee: Where did you go in such a rush? What happened?

Jahoon: What happened? You guys don't remember me telling you about Eunseo who jumped and died right in front of me? Eunseo, our neighbor?

I asked them with confusion but the only thing that was returned back to me was their own confusion as they shook their heads, like they didn't know what I was talking about.

Minho: Who are you talking about? We don't know anyone with the name Eunseo, in fact, we don't even have a neighbor yet! Don't you remember he already moved last month? We never had a neighbor with the name of Eunseo or knew anyone with that name.

That couldn't be true at all. We have known her for more than 5 years, going to school together. I ran down to where all of the mailboxes were and they were right. There was no Eunseo on the mailbox beside ours. Even when I tried to search on social media for her, nothing popped up. Returned back home as the girls came over to me, looking concerned.

Jahoon: I'm just going to sleep... I think I may just be stressed out or something.

I walked to my bedroom once again but this time I went to bed. Fatigue felt over me and I was completely out after a few moments.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

????: Jahoon... Jahoon... wake up...

I heard my name being called, making me open my eyes with much irritation but the only thing that I was able to see was complete darkness. The only thing that I could see was about to where my hand reached. I sat up and realized that I was not in my own bed but that I had been lying on cold gravel ground. I wasn't in my room but where I didn't know. I couldn't even see where the person that had woken me where.

Jahoon: Who is talking?! Come and show yourself! I'm not scared of you!

That was a lie. Honestly, I was beginning to become scared as I didn't know what was happening. The unknown made me uncomfortable as I couldn't predict what would happen next and how I could keep myself safe.

????: Don't worry... You are safe... for now...

The voice was right behind me. I turned around but was only able to get a glimpse of who or what.

????: Too slow... I'm not there... hahahaha....

The voice was right behind me again, making me turn around but this time it appeared right in front of my face. I had to take a few steps back to be able to see what it was. It was nothing I had seen before.

Jahoon: Who are you and what do you want?

Jahoon: Who are you and what do you want?

????: Not so fast... How about we take a little trip?

The black figure lifted his hand and snapped his finger. The room suddenly changed to what looked like hell in the deep underground.

The room suddenly changed to what looked like hell in the deep underground

????: Isn't that your pretty lover over there?....

I looked in the direction that the black figure was pointing towards and saw my crush Jiwon being hung by her arms and legs by chains in the air. I tried to run towards her but as soon as I took a step it felt like my legs were melting into the floor. I looked down to see some kind of black goo around my feet and up until my knees, preventing me from walking any further. I opened my mouth to yell at her, to not worry but no voice came out... what came out instead was blood...

????: Not so fast... Have you never ever learned anything...

The black figure floated around me and over to Jiwon, floating right beside her. I raised my arms to wave at Jiwon but it seemed like she couldn't even see anything happened at all. Like she had gotten blind.

????: She can't see you... but you can save her if you want to...

The black figure floated to the right in front of me and reached its hand to grab my face, digging its claw deep into my face. I wanted to yell, to punch it with all the pain that it was causing me right now but again, I couldn't move or speak.

????: You are never going to escape from me! You are never going to escape!

The black figure raised its other hand and clawed right at my face and everything went black.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jahoon: Jiwon!

I sat up with cold sweat all over my body. I looked around to see that I was back in my bedroom. Then what I just saw... was that all a dream? I sighed and rubbed my face but it only caused me pain. I stood up in confusion and walked over to the bathroom to wash up a bit since the sweat was bothering me, only to my surprise to see what looked like claw marks on my face. We don't have a dog in this house... Deep claw marks were all over my face exactly where the black figure had held my face.

Jahoon: Jiwon... is she really in danger? It wasn't a dream...

I need to save her but before I could do that I better clean up the wounds in my face. Blood was dripping from it and if I don't clean it up, I will just bleed to death before I can even find the black figure again. I opened the medicine cabin and grabbed the disinfection and ointment but right behind it all was a red envelope with big black letters with my name on it. I grabbed it and opened it up, only for me to drop on the floor, take a few steps back, and fall to the ground. Inside was a picture of Jiwon but she was lying on the floor with blood all over her and underneath her. Her body was twisted in every wrong possible way. was wide open, showcasing every tooth in in a terrifying smile. No...no... it couldn't be right... there is no way that this is true... I crawled slowly over to the picture and picked it up. It was her face although it was twisted like that. Wait... I turned the photo around after I felt something in the back of it. In the back of the photo was the same kind of black goo that had covered my legs. A message was written with it.

Jahoon: Tick tack tick tack... time is ticking... oh no... another one dead... how fun... or dead? Can you save or can you... black or white? what is your choice? Choose soon or who will know what happens?... Black or white? Black or white? Which is the right side? Only you choose...

What the heck is the riddle? It doesn't make any sense! I ripped all of the envelope and the photo but before I could finish, everything disappeared into thin air. Nothing made sense anymore.... I cleaned up my wounds and went back to my room all tired but surprised with what looked like two portals in front of me. A black portal on my left and a white portal on my right. Was this what the letter was talking about? Seems like I have to choose one of them then... but I don't know what lies on the other side. But I have to choose. Maybe this would be the opportunity for me to save Jiwon... but which one?

What should I do?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The choice is up to you! What are you going to do? Can you save the rest before it is too late? Share this with everyone you know or you are gonna regret it~

Follow the link below and place your vote. But be careful to not make the wrong choice or you might be next

https://strawpoll.com/40ZmqOrQ4Za

(The voting ends on 27/04/2024 at 23:59)

_________________________________________________________________________

Support to the author can be shown on Patreon at this link: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=71862817&fan_landing=true&view_as=public and be able to read the next chapter before anyone else and to be emerged with exclusive deals and stories only for Patreon members