Chapter 6

Make Me Understand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What? Sinong nananakit kay Winter?" napatingin silang dalawa sa pinto and there stood their older sister, Taeyeon. 

 

Before Chaewon could even open , Winter already blurted out, “Yung pusa, ate ko. Yung... Yung nasa baba, si ano, si Ning. Uhm, Muning... Ningning. Yung pusa.” 

 

Taeyeon looks at her weirdly, but then again, her sister has always been odd, “May stray cat dito? Aba, hindi kita pinatira dito para makalmot lang ng pusa ah, sandali tatawagan ko owner nito.” she left with her phone against her ear and the two immediately looks at each other again. 

 

“Wala ka talagang balak sabihin kay ate?” Chaewon asked. 

 

“Ate ko, mahal na mahal ni kuya Eunhyuk si ate Taeyeon. He's not entirely wrong about me always being a hindrance to their relationship –”

 

“Winter, no. Don't ever say that –”

 

“Pero totoo yun, 'di ba? We both know, we all know na totoo yun.” 

 

But Chaewon won't back down, “Hindi mo kasalanan na mas mahal ka ni ate.” 

 

“And that's the problem. Things doesn't work like that.” Winter says defeatedly, “She needs a family and a child of her own to take care of, hindi n'ya pwedeng sayangin ang buhay n'ya sa pag-aalaga sa'kin. My life is trash enough at ayokong idamay s'ya habang buhay.” 

 

“Winter!” hindi makapaniwala si Chaewon sa mga naririnig. “Saan mo nakukuha 'yang mga 'yan? You can't say that — you can't do that to yourself!” 

 

“But – ”

 

“S'ya ba nagsabi sa'yo n'yan?” 

 

“Guys,” Taeyeon entered the room again, she saw how annoyed Chaewon looks, “Ano ba? Nag-aaway ba kayo?” 

 

Agad tumayo si Winter para tumabi sa ate n'ya, “Hindi po ate ko.” 

 

Taeyeon gave them one last look before softening, “Tara na, nakaluto na 'ko.”

 

 

 

 

• • •

 

 

 

 

Chaewon has to leave because she still have her luggages with her sa kotse n'ya sa baba at kahit gusto na din n'yang magpahinga sa unit ni Winter para nadin makulit n'ya 'to, medyo inis padin s'ya sa mga sinabi ng kapatid kanina at sa nalamang pinuntahan nanaman s'ya ni Eunhyuk without them knowing. 

 

It was one time. 

 

It was one time na nalaman n'yang he's hurting her and that one time alone made her break his nose and rearrange his face. It was that bad that he wanted to file a case against her. 

 

She was so frustrated that he still have the guts to file a case so she wanted to do more, she wanted to commit a crime, she was so determined to end his life but Winter begged her. She looks so devastated begging her not to do stupid things. 

 

Winter tried talking to them and promised Eunhyuk not to tell Taeyeon about anything if he will pull back the case. Of course, Chaewon doesn't want that, she still wants to tell Taeyeon but Winter is persistent on begging her for the reason that she really wants her older sister to settle down and not make her a priority to her life because she knows deep down that she's being a hindrance to the promised family and future that awaits for Taeyeon. 

 

And so, Chaewon accepted defeat in one more condition. He won't hurt her ever again. 

 

“Hey,” 

 

Chaewon looks up to see Karina as they both waited for the elevator. 

 

“Rough day?” Karina asked her when she saw how down the girl looks.

 

Chaewon sigh, again. “More on a rough sister.” 

 

Karina knows that she will open up again. And she's not wrong... 

 

“Bakit kasi ang tigas ng ulo ni Winter? Hindi ko ba malaman d'yan, counterclockwise ata takbo ng utak eh.” it came out naturally, well, that's how she always is. “Wait, 'di ba sabi mo may date ka kanina?”

 

“Yup. Lunch date, nahatid na 'ko pabalik. Anyways, you want to talk about it?” Karina genuinely asked. Wanting to help even just a little bit. 

 

They entered the elevator and Chaewon started again. “She just wants to be selfless, again. She won't listen to me. I can't exactly tell you the details but she wants to ignore her own life to make the other's better. She's being hard on herself, hell, she's even downgrading herself.” 

 

Karina listened until they reached the ground floor. Chaewon was thankful to her and she said that it wasn't a big deal. 

 

Dumiretso si Karina sa katapat na café ng building nila para kitain si Giselle. Napadaan kasi ito galing sa trabaho at gustong kamustahin si Karina. 

 

“Things will get busier this coming Christmas kasi magre-release kami ng bagong collection but everything's taken cared of, don't worry.” Karina assured her friend. 

 

“So... Your neighbor,” Giselle started, taking a sip of her coffee. “Mas nauna ka pa maging close sa kapatid ah?” she joked. 

 

“Chaewon's just like that, I guess.” 

 

“Or Winter's just really not letting you in.”

 

“Come on, Gi. It's not a big deal.” 

 

“Alright, change topic. How's you and Jeno doing?” 

 

Karina first took a sip of her drink before looking outside the glass wall. That gesture alone tells Giselle t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter