Fake it till you make it

Bitter but sweet defeat
Please log in to read the full chapter

Dahyun's dad sighed, running a hand through his graying hair.

 

 


“Dahyun don’t go with this project” – Dahyun’s dad calmly advised her looking at her. 

 


“Dad I wanted to launch this project since July” Dahyun said which was ridiculous .


"But launching it now, with so much uncertainty could be risky. You've worked hard to get Mr. Myui and Mr. Smith on board, I know. But their approval doesn't guarantee success."

 

 


Dahyun frowned, her mind racing with counterarguments. She had spent months planning every detail of the project, from its conception to its execution. The thought of delaying it further was agonizing.

 


"Dad, I appreciate your concern," she said, her tone softening. "But I've weighed the risks, and I truly believe this is the right time. The investors are interested, the groundwork is laid out, and I have a solid team behind me. I can't let this opportunity slip away."

 


Her dad regarded her for a moment, his expression thoughtful. He knew his daughter was stubborn when she set her mind to something, just like her mother had been. And he also knew that sometimes, taking risks was necessary for success.

 


Finally, he nodded. "Alright, Dahyun. If you're sure about this, then go for it. But promise me one thing – be careful. Did you talk about it with Irene?" 
Irene is partner in crime. She is co-partner of Dahyun and also friend who is happened to be from UK when both studied for their MBA. Irene is the one who rationally analyzed the situation that why Dahyun trusted the launch. 

 


Dahyun smiled gratefully, feeling a surge of relief. "I will talk with her today, she wanted to meet up. And I promise, Dad. I'll tread carefully, but I won't back down."


While days passed ordinary for Sana today. She always makes it a point to stay involved in the day-to-day operations despite having head managers overseeing various aspects of the business. Her role primarily involved monitoring and ensuring the smooth functioning of the establishment, she actively participated in tasks such as procuring new beverages and products for the restaurant.

 


By working alongside her employees, Sana created an environment where everyone felt valued. Despite the routine nature of her responsibilities, her energy and cooperation served as a driving force behind the restaurant's success, earning her the respect and admiration of both her staff and patrons alike.
As she sat at her bar, Sana took a moment to recheck the inventory of the bar. With a meticulous eye, she scanned the rows of bottles neatly arranged on the shelves, taking note of any items that needed to be replenished. 

 

 

 


As Sana finished with checking, her attention was momentarily diverted by the sight of her two waiters standing together near the entrance. Their smiles stretched from ear to ear as they greeted a guest who had just arrived. 

 


Sana couldn't help but interrupt them “What happened?”

 


"Oh, nothing, Miss Minatozaki! We were just greeting this new guest who just arrived over there" - waiters genuinely smiled and stood still. 

 


"New guest? I don't recall seeing her before. Who is she?" – Sana looked at the direction of the woman. 

 


“She is new, she said that she is expecting someone and she is Irene” – the waiter said who served her. 

“Okay, I see…” – Sana muttered without much of attention softly laughing at their comments. 

 

“She must be already in relationship, look at her, she is soo beautiful ” 

“Yeah, it is like an art that you can't touch” – another one muttered. 

 

 

 

As Sana looked at the two “Okay guys, you both two getting carried out” before Sana could say what she was about to say, the door swung open to revealing a surprise visitor—Dahyun. 

 

 

“Well, I didn’t expect her today, what a good surprise” – Sana said it and both waiters looked at Dahyun too. 

 

 

 


Dahyun's unexpected arrival added another layer of curiosity from the two. As Dahyun saw Sana, Dahyun greeted her with “Hello” a polite nod, her voice carrying a hint of warmth and familiarity. 

 

Caught up in the moment, Sana found herself momentarily lost for words suppressing a sweet smile. 

 


“Hi”-  Sana felt a flush of embarrassment creeping up her cheeks and caught off guard by Dahyun's formal greeting. Meanwhile, the three waiters, who had been observing the scene unfold with curious expressions. 

“Someone is expecting me……” until Dahyun could continue, her gaze quickly fixed on the guest who had come 5 minutes ago waving eagerly at Dahyun.

 


A surge of jealousy shot through Sana like a lightning bolt as she observed Dahyun's warm embrace with Irene. Seeing Dahyun so genuinely happy brought a bittersweet feeling to Sana's heart until one of the waiters

Please log in to read the full chapter