Just love me, endlessly

Love Me Endlessly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

tw; mention of miscarriage,

certain sickness,

a bit of ual

 

 

The office is usually quiet when the clock shows its already around two a.m in the morning. The Investigation Division were left for a mission but this time, Baekhyun retreated so he chose to stay in the office with his friend to stand by if something happened. He was casually sitting on his desk, rubbing his temple with his eyes closed when his friend came back with two cups of coffee grasped around his fingers.

"Hyung" The younger man joined him on his desk, placing the coffee down against the table. "Something on your mind?"

Baekhyun sighed, finally pulling his palm away from his temple before taking a sip to the coffee his friend brought. "You know what I think I'm gonna head home. You can handle this alone. If they ask for a backup then call the local police and tell them I left early"

The man stood up, collecting his stuff not forgetting the free coffee before leaving the younger man alone. Mark didn't answer because it left him too stunned to speak as he watched his senior's back disappeared out of his sight.

 

As the night progressed, the streets became increasingly quiet. Baekhyun doesn't live in the capital, but in a small town quite far from it. Every time his hands gripped the steering wheel, his eyes along with his thoughts always went to the ring wrapped securely around his finger. Thinking about the only woman he loves so much back at home.

It doesn't take more than twenty minutes to arrive, he parked his vehicle in the basement before taking the elevator to go up into the 15th floor where the place full of stories live in. He drank his coffee from Mark in the elevator, and then wondered if it actually tasted weird after he emptied the cup but he appreciated the younger man for the effort.

Baekhyun pressed the passcode lock carefully when he arrived in front of the door. Pushing the door open and his eyes were greeted with the dim lights from the city lights passing through the window that illuminated the room. His feet carried him further inside and there she was, his lover, Shin Jori.

The woman he loves the most was sleeping soundly on the couch covered in thin blanket. Ain't noticing if Baekhyun were back already from his duty. The sight of her sleeping already caused his heart to be crushed into a mess, remembering what she had been through lately. Actually he was planning to pick her up and lay her down on the bed but right after he finished the shower.

One hour he spent his time in the shower. Letting the warm water stream down his hair to his shoulder for the last ten minutes while his thoughts was only cursing him. That he failed to be her lover, he failed to be her husband, he failed to be her protector. He was hurt seeing her suffer. He just wants to make it stop and witness only happiness that surrounds her everyday but he can't.

 

Feels like it's already taking too long under the shower, he swept his wet hair back using his palm for the last time before finally turning the water off. Choosing a random black shirt and sweatpants to wear right after he dried up and wasting no time to storm back into the living room. Jori still hasn't moved from her previous position because Baekhyun is aware the woman is barely moved when she sleep on the bed with him.

Her body tilted into the right, facing the couch. A faint smile finds its way into his lips, seeing his wife sleeping peacefully with her lips half parted but she didn't snore at all. Meanwhile Jori herself confessed that Baekhyun let out a sound like a whimpering puppy when he sleeps with his half parted lips. The man then crouched down for a bit. Gently placing his arms behind her back and her thighs before picking the woman up into his arms carefully.

He kicked the bedroom door then, after several steps he passed through and laid her down against the mattress. Surprisingly, Jori didn't wake up at all. Makes him wonder that she is indeed exhausted from work and all the thoughts followed. Baekhyun noticed she was wearing his white shirt with the word loverboy printed on the left side as a smile immediately back to his lips again.

 

There were also no lights in the bedroom. The that window leads to the small balcony already giving enough source of light to sleep on from the glimmering lights of various buildings in front of it. Baekhyun climbs up to the bed. Immediately stopped his movement when his wife moved to the left, facing her back to him.

Didn't want to wake her up intentionally, he counted one, two, three until she doesn't make a move anymore before he lay down carefully right behind her. His arms sneak under the shirt softly, securely wrapping around her waist to bring her body flushes back into him. Baekhyun planted a kiss against her head, it seems like Jori just cut her hair into shoulder length because this morning her hair is still pretty long. But whatever Jori does Baekhyun won't interfere. As long as it makes the woman happy then he won't be against it.

Baekhyun closes his eyes, inhaling into her hair as his delicate fingers slide down into her now-flat lower belly. Gently caressing her skin while the bitter memories went in a loop again inside his mind. Just two weeks ago, a small bump formed and a new life growing inside of her. A memory he could never forget and Baekhyun has never felt so happy again after she suffered the first miscarriage several months back.

Wouldn't cross his mind that such a bitter event repeatedly happened to his little family. It aches him so much seeing her went through the curettage procedure not only once but twice. Couldn't imagine the pain and uncomfortable feeling when a foreign object is forced to in up your uterus while scratching the surface of it to get cleaned. Even though it was anesthetized, Jori said she could still felt it. Not to mention the super intense cramps that hit afterwards.

He remembers how she cried so much that day. Thinking and blaming herself that she failed to be a mother, she failed to be his wife. She raged to him that he shouldn't have taken a step further on the day she told him everything about her shortcomings. Shin Jori is diagnosed with a low immune system. Never crossed her mind that her relationship with the man would last until Baekhyun himself proposed to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter