fin.

Warm Winter Breeze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been three years since we started going out.

 

Our first date was in winter, and you made me a small snowman. While smiling, I told you that you shouldn't have touched the snow because it was freezing cold. Yet as a response, you posed and asked me to take pictures with “our snow baby."

 

In the second year, you took us to a small local café. On our way, you halted your steps and crouched down to gather snow on your hands.

 

I was starting to get cold, but your ears were blood red while making the snowman, so I went behind you, took off my gloves, and put my warm palms on both sides of your head.

 

A cheeky grin and pair of brown orbs welcomed me when you looked up. I asked you if you were starting to get cold,  you just nodded and took my left hand to support yourself while standing up.

 

And for the last time, you leaned again on the snowman and pointed your finger at it. You were so cute that I immediately took my phone out to take pictures of you. But then, you mumbled these words:

 

“Our snowbaby isn't a baby anymore; it's a little snowman now."

 

For a minute, I thought my heart had stopped beating until I heard someone rub their hands together. You copied what I did earlier to your ears and asked if I was cold too.

 

I just nodded, despite the intense warmth that I was feeling.

 

A hand finally held mine and dragged me to our destination.

 

PS: I hope you didn't feel the sweat on my palms. Also, I really wish that I had taken a video of you talking about our little snowman. In that way, I can hear you say those words again and again and feel the repercussions of them on my heart and body temperature.

 

For our third winter together, We decided to travel to Otaru in Hokkaido.

 

“I think we can't go out for now, it’s snowing hard outside."

 

You sighed and sat on one of the chairs that were facing the gigantic glass window of our rented room.

 

“It’s still early, maybe it will subside later.” I assured you and kissed your puffing cheeks.

 

“You are very dear to me.” You turned your body in my direction and held my cheeks.

 

"Silly” I giggled, and I hooked my left arm on your shoulder, while your right arm did the same on my wai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter