Bukujutsu

As You Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Son finds herself in front of a tiny house after a few minutes of roaming. She alights from her motorbike and takes something from her backpack. 

 

The radar on her hand shows that she’s at the exact place and the glowing ball on her other hand is proof.

 

She tries to sense if there is a ki inside the house but finds none. She finds herself unsure of what to do. Breaking in is among her least options but so is waiting. 

 

Maybe Kami feels more gracious today. She knocks, and to her surprise, someone opens the door—someone whose presence she didn’t sense. 

 

"Yes?"

 

Not expecting an answer, Son is unable to speak for a few seconds. And it’s not totally because she’s the most beautiful woman Son has ever seen. 

 

"U-uhm. You have something I’m looking for. Do you, by chance, have a ball of this kind?"

 

The woman fully opens the door and stares at the glowing ball in amusement. Son takes in her appearance for the second time, momentarily forgetting the other treasure she wanted to find.

 

Clad in a white-collared mini dress with a black knit top, platform shoes with white leg warmers, and a black beanie that perfectly fits her head, Son’s getup looks unappealing in comparison. She dons a simple long-sleeved blue shirt, orange cargo pants, and boots.  

 

Closely, there is a tiny red ribbon stitched at the lower left waist of the woman's black knit top. 

 

Is she?

 

Son’s thoughts were interrupted by the woman’s affirmation.

 

"Yes, I do remember picking one up years ago. Come in."

 

In just a few minutes, the woman retrieves a glowing ball from her room and hands it to her willingly.

 

It was the 3-star dragon ball.

 

"You’re just giving it to me?"

 

"Yes. W-why?"

 

The woman is slightly taken aback by the question leading her to retract her arm a bit. 

 

"N-nothing. I was willing to pay for it if you asked for money in return."

 

Son just didn’t expect that her dragon ball searching would be this smooth at the onset. She was hesitant at first but she cannot in good faith just leave her clueless. 

 

"The truth is these are the dragon balls and there are seven of them. Once you collect all of it, you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter