The Final Riddle

My Oppa

 

Upon stepping into the new dimension, this was the one that struck Yunjae as ‘real.’ It was a museum, like the one in our world. Yunjae walked the whole length of paintings before noting the detail that mattered most: the paintings were pictures of her life. But not just any part of her life. These were the times she spent with her brother. She gingerly ran her hands across one. It was the time of their parents’ funeral. He was hugging her in the picture. It made her tear up.

“Oppa…”

“I see you’ve figured it out.”

Yunjae turned and saw her next guide.

“Hello. I’m Bang Minsoo, but everyone calls me CAP. And this, my station, has your last riddle.”

“The last? What happens next?” asked Yunjae.

“You’ll have to find out for yourself,” said CAP with a mysterious glint in his eyes.

“Ok…”

“Oh, clarification: this is merely just a passage to the real test, and also a hint. You ready?”

“Ok, game on,” said Yunjae, putting on the brave face.

CAP smiled at her. So fierce. Hyukjae raised her well.

“On the next few parts, only this thing will get you through. What do you call now of the times he spent with you?”

Yunjae face contorted and she looked puzzled.

“You got it?” asked CAP.

“Y-Yeah…”

“Good, you’re good to go.”

“What? That’s it? I haven’t even told you what it is yet!”

“No need. The answer will be used mainly through the last door. Good luck. And don’t ever lose hope, ok?” smiled CAP.

When Yunjae looked up at him, he was getting farther and blurrier. She felt something pulling her backward.

“CAP, wait! Not yet! I-!”

But then her voice stopped as if CAP was hearing it from a radio that has just been turned off.

Uh-oh. Good luck, Yunjae.