It's over

Wedding Dress

"It suits you so well, Miss Lee!" The consultant who helped the girl choose a dress said enthusiastically.

"Do you think so?"

"I'm sure. Of all the dresses you tried on, this fits you best."

"I really like it too." Sunny smiled brightly. "I want to look great on this day. I've been waiting for this my whole life."

"I can tell that your groom is truly a lucky man, Miss Lee."

"Yes, you're right. Except it's not the groom. It's the bride."

"Pardon?" The girl's eyes widened in surprise.

"I think you understand me. You have every right to judge me. But do that a little later. Now you are helping me choose a wedding dress."

"I'm sorry, Miss Lee. I acted unprofessionally. How soon is your wedding?"

"Oh, I don't know yet." Sunny said cheerfully. "Actually, I haven't even proposed to her yet."

"Really? Why are you buying a dress now then?"

"I want to do this in advance. This dress will be my motivation to get married as soon as possible. I'm going to propose today."

"That sounds incredible. I wish you luck, Miss Lee. I'm sure your fiancée will say yes."

"I'm sure of it too. Well, now let's get down to business. I'll take this dress."

"Wonderful. Please go to the checkout."

 

~~♡~~

 

A girl named Lee Sunny was going to make this evening unforgettable. She cooked an excellent dinner, bought a bottle of expensive champagne and dressed in her best outfit. Three years. She has been in a relationship with her girlfriend, Choi Sooyoung, for three years now. They met in college many years ago. In fact, Sunny and Sooyoung met through their mutual friends. Kim Taeyeon and Tiffany Hwang. By the way, these two girls are also in a relationship with each other. Moreover, their wedding will take place in two weeks. It was Taeyeon and Tiffany who gave Sunny the impetus to action. She realized that she herself no longer wanted to postpone this moment. After all, she and Sooyoung have been together for three years. This is a long time which allows to think about marriage. Moreover, Sunny was already 27 years old, and her girlfriend was 26. Of course, they were still very young. However, Sunny always believed that she should get married before she turns 30. In any case, today was the perfect opportunity to finally propose marriage. Sooyoung should be back from work any minute.

Sunny rated her dress and hairstyle about a hundred times to make sure everything looked perfect. She also double-checked the ring she bought a week ago. Half of her salary was spent on this ring. And for the wedding dress the second half. However, Sunny did not regret it at all. She wasn't going to spare any expense when it came to matters of marriage.

Suddenly there was the sound of a door opening, and Sunny ran to meet her girlfriend. She opened the door and let a gorgeous model-looking girl into the apartment. Sunny has never been tall. She was a real shorty. But her girlfriend, on the contrary, was very tall and stately. Sooyoung was almost 15 centimeters taller than Sunny. But this didn’t bother Sunny. On the contrary, she always felt protected in Sooyoung's arms.

"Hi baby." Sunny said with love in her voice. "How was your day?"

"Nothing new." Sooyoung responded. She doesn't like her job, but she never complains about it. Sooyoung was a very proud girl. "Why do you look like that, Sunny-ah? Is it some kind of holiday today?"

"Does it have to be a holiday for me to want to please my girlfriend? Get changed quickly, Sooyoung-ah. I prepared dinner."

"Ahem. Sunny-ah, about this..." Sooyoung paused. And at that moment Sunny felt that something was wrong. She couldn't say for sure what it was. However, Sooyoung's behavior made her feel uneasy for some reason. "I won't have dinner today. And I'm afraid I won't have dinner tomorrow either."

"What are you talking about? Have you already eaten at the cafe or something? Am I not a good enough cook for you?"

"You cook great, Sunny-ah. But you didn’t understand me. I won’t have dinner with you anymore. I’m moving out of this apartment."

For a few seconds, Sunny was speechless and her eyes widened in shock. What the hell does that mean? It turns out her concern was not in vain?

"Sorry? Sooyoung, I hope you're just joking now. And if you are, then stop. It's not funny at all."

"I'm afraid there is no room for jokes in this situation. Soonkyu..." Now Sunny knew for sure that something bad was about to happen. Sooyoung only called her by her real name when they had a really serious conversation. "You better sit down."

Sunny obeyed and sat down on a chair that stood in the hallway.

“I don’t want to beat around the bush. You know, I’ve always been very straightforward. So I’ll say it straight. Lee Soonkyu, I’m breaking up with you.”

Hearing these words, Sunny felt her heart shatter into a million pieces. How can Sooyoung say such things? She knows very well that Sunny cannot live without her.

"W-what? What are you talking about?"

"I think you heard me. We're breaking up, Sunny-ah."

“No, we are not breaking up. How can you say such things so simply?” Sunny rose to her feet. Anger began to boil inside her. “Come on, tell me everything that doesn’t suit you about me. Give me one ing reason why you want to break up with me. Come on, Sooyoung. I’m listening. You can say whatever you want now that you’ve started.”

“It’s not about you, Sunny-ah. I don’t regret my relationship with you at all. It was an amazing three years. But...”

“But? Continue, baby. Or I’ll try to guess myself. You got someone else, right? Have you found yourself another ? Is she really better than me?”

"No, not better. Not better because it's not a she."

Sunny was speechless again. She hadn't misheard it, had she? Sooyoung really said what she said.

"So it's true? Do you have someone?" Sunny asked in a trembling voice. The girl felt tears welling up in her eyes. Sooyoung just nodded in response. “And I understand correctly that this is a man?”

"Yes. You got it right, Sunny."

"Unbelievable. To with a girl for three years and then suddenly change camps. How is this even possible, Sooyoung-ah?"

"You always knew that I was biual. And I warned you at the very beginning that you would have a lot of competition. But now I'm not even sure that I'm bi. Sunny, I can't deceive you anymore. I thought that I can. For three whole years I didn't live my life. But now it's time to put an end to it. I'm sorry, but I don't have any feelings for you. Probably, they never existed at all. I was just confused."

Listening to all this, Sunny came closer and closer to hysterics. The temperature around the girl was rising.

“And you dare to tell me all this after three years of relationship? Do you even understand what I gave to you, Sooyoung? I gave you three years of my life, thinking that you were the one for me. But now it turns out that all this was wasted. How can you throw away a three year relationship like it meant nothing?! Did you ever even care about me?!"

"Yes! I've always cared about you. That's why I'm doing this now. We promised each other forever, Sunny-ah. But I know I can't keep that promise. I can't spend forever with a girl. Please... Just let me go. I'm really sorry it happened this way. I just want to save us both from pain."

"..." Sunny sighed heavily. Apparently her life up to this point had been too good. And the universe decided to teach her a lesson. It was on the very day that Sunny wanted to propose. Sunny always thought that this was only possible in the movies. But no, reality turned out to be such a . Apparently, right now the girl was overtaken by karma from all her past lives.

“Sunny...” Sooyoung tried to say something else, but the shorter girl wouldn’t let her.

"Get the out." Sunny muttered through her teeth.

"Look, let's not escalate the situation."

“What did you expect, Sooyoung? You said that you were going to move out of this apartment. I think today you have a great opportunity to do so.”

"I'll do it today. But I don't want to leave on bad terms. Sunny, you and I have been friends for much longer than lovers. This can't just end like that. Don't you think so?"

“You are absolutely incredible, Choi Sooyoung!” From that moment on, Sunny no longer held back. She started openly yelling at her ex. "How dare you talk about friendship, huh?! You just destroyed it with your own hands! You wouldn't do that to someone you care about. Or respect. Or love. Obviously, you don't have romantic feelings for me. But I think, that you never loved me as a friend either! It turns out that I’m nothing to you at all! You have thirty seconds to get out of my apartment, !”

Sooyoung didn't answer. She closed her eyes and sighed heavily.

"I'll pick up my things tomorrow." That was the last thing she said before opening the door and leaving the apartment where she had lived for more than two years. Sooyoung left this place forever. Just like she left Sunny.

When the door closed and Sunny was left all alone, she broke down. Tears flowed from the girl’s eyes, and sobs burst from . She leaned on the door and slid down it to the floor. Sunny didn't know how long she had been crying. She didn't notice the time passing by at all. The girl cried until there were no more tears left. Then Sunny got up from the floor. She headed into the living room, where was a luxurious table full of various dishes. The girl was not going to break the plates or do anything else crazy. She simply sat down at the table, poured herself a glass of champagne and started drinking. Sunny drank the entire liter bottle that evening. And then another one. She passed out on the living room couch, clutching the diamond ring tightly in her palm. Before losing consciousness from intoxication, Sunny had one last thought. The girl strictly decided to throw this ring into the Han River the very next day.

 

~~♡~~

 

Here is the first chapter guys! Our Bunny is heartbroken. And this is just the beginning. I hope the chapter wasn't too boring  :(