Is this really the end?

Sweeter Than Any Candy { twoshot }

[8:16pm] I have not double check this (last)  chapter so I guarantee you that there will be a lot of errors below. I'm going to check it later. Promise! Right now, I have to go. So be back sooooon! :)

Now back to the story...


"Ahrin," Myungsoo started, "I'm really sorry." Ahrin could not hear what he was saying due to the loudness of the music booming on her ear but she knew that Myungsoo was apologizing.  "Let go, Myungsoo," Ahrin muttered, not looking at the regretful male in front of her.  Myungsoo removed Ahrin's earpiece and caressed her face with pure love and guilt. "Please listen to me."

Ahrin who was still looking away, finally looked at Myungsoo indicating for him to carry on.

"Wait, but can we go to somewhere.. secluded?" Myungsoo asked, knowing that some people are already looking. Ahrin just nodded.

Myungsoo and Ahrin went to a cafe nearby. The cafe only had less than 3 customers, excluding Myungsoo and Ahrin. The two chose to sit at the corner. The shopowner and the employees knew Myungsoo and Ahrin as they frequently ate in that cafe after school. Well, those were the old times. Back when Yejin did not ruin their relationship. The old times, the good times.

The person from the cafe did not take their orders yet. She knew they'll order sooner or later.

- - - - -

"I'm really really sorry," Myungsoo apologized, again. Ahrin smiled at him completely ignoring what he said. She then gave Myungsoo her presents for Myungsoo. "Happy birthday, Myungsoo." Myungsoo looked at her gift then at Ahrin who was still smiling. But behind that smile, Myungsoo knew she wanted to cry.

"Thank you." Why did I say that?! Of all things.. Myungsoo mentally scolded himself.

"No probs, let's enjoy this day and then starting tomorrow," Ahrin paused for a while and sighed, "let's pretend like we don't each other." Myungsoo's eyed widened. He was so shocked to what Ahrin said. He did not know what to say. 

"But Ahrin-" "Or do you just want it right now?"

"No!" Myungsoo said, a little louder than usual. Ahrin did not say anything back. The two just stared at each other until Myungsoo could not stand the silence anymore. He ran his hands through his hair and looked down, "Please, I don't want this relationship to end. I love you so much. And I'm serious. I'd go crazy if we break up."

Ahrin did not smile anymore. She just scoffed and said, "Really, Myungsoo? Someone can replace me and I'm pretty sure you'd be happier with her."

Myungsoo instantly looked up.

"You mean Yejin?"

"See? The first person who went on your mind is that Yejin."

"But I love you and not her."

"But she's still somewhere in your heart. Slowly, she's taking over my place in your heart. It's alright though. Ending our relationship is for the best. Everyone will be happier. Yejin will be happier. And you too! You might not feel happy right after this but soon," Ahrin smiled sadly, "you won't regret you agreed to end this relationship."

"Jagi, I never agreed to end this! Don't end this please, give me a chance."

Ahrin reached for Myungsoo's hand. "Believe me, Myungsoo. It's for the best."

It was silent, again. Ahrin let go of Myungsoo's hand and asked him, "so what do you want to eat? My treat since it's your birthday." 

"Nothing. I just want to go to your or my house and cuddle with you while watching movies. And we'll stay like that forever."

Ahrin looked at the sad Myungsoo, "I'll just order the usual." She stood up, made her way to the counter and ordered the food. The two ate silently.

- - - - - 

The two ended eating and it was also time for the two to go separate ways. They were standing outside the cafe looking at the night sky. Both of them did not want to bid goodbye but like what Ahrin said, it's for the best.

"So, I think this is it. Bye, Myung."

"Let me walk you home."

As they walked, Myungsoo held Ahrin's hand. Ahrin wanted to let go but she knew this was the last time they were going to hold hands.

"Is this really the end?" Myungsoo asked. He knew what she was going to reply but she might change her descision anytime, right?

"Uh huh."

Myungsoo did not reply. He just cherished this moment.

- - - - - 

The two arrived a few minutes later. They were in front of Ahrin's house. The two stared at each other until Myungsoo embraced Ahrin. Myungsoo rested his head on Ahrin's shoulder. He wanted time to stop as soon, they will say their goodbyes. To his surprise, Ahrin hugged Myungsoo back.

"I love you." Myungsoo sincerely said. "I'll never forgot you." That was only what Ahrin could reply.

They were like this for some moments. But good things must come to an end. This doesn't really have to end, does it? They were so happy. They were perfect for each other, why did this had to happen? They let go of each other. And bid each other goodbye.

Is this really the end? Myungsoo asked himself.

 

 

-fin-


IT'S DONE EVERYBODY! Did you like it? Comments are truly appreciated!